Resort Resales / Failure to honor contract!

1 2385 Windmill Lane, Suite 280Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-735-0044

On December 13, 2007 a company representative, Bill Elis, called and asked if we would be interested in selling our timeshare property at Grand Desert in Las Vegas. He later faxed an agreement/contract where we would pay a "one time processing fee of $475.00". The check cleared our account on January 7, 2008. In return for this payment the sale of our property would be completed in "45-60 days". I called Mid-February to inquire about the status of the sale and a woman returned the called and told my wife that "everything was on track". I called on Wednesday, March 5, 2008 and left a message reminding them that the 60 days was up on March 7th. I man returned my call at 8:34pm CST as he was "heading out the door" (therefore I could not call him back - as I was in a meeting )and told my wife that it was going to be April 1-15th before the purchase could be completed. Since that time, no one has returned my calls or e-mails.

At this point, I believe Resort Resales has stolen our money and will never live up to their agreement.

More Resort Resales Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ni
      13th of Mar, 2008

I also was called by Resort Resales about a year ago and they said if I sent $95 they guaranteed to rent my timesshare or return my money. They didn't rent the timeshare and they didn't return my money.

Last week I received another call from Resort Resales of Las Vegas with the same phone number that this complaint listed. They faxed me a contract to sign and return with a Check for $375 promising that they could sell my timeshare for $$26,700. I said they never returned my $95 so they could deduct it from the $375 which they refused to do and they are not going to return my $95 because they said they "worked for it". I asked them to deduct the $375 from the $26,700 which they said they couldn't do because it would be 45 days before I received my check. I decided to "google" the company and found this complaint so now I believe it to be a scam and I am definitely not sending them any money.

• Da
      26th of Mar, 2008

I was contacted by Bill Ellis on July 12, 2007 offering to sell my timeshare at Westgate Villas in which I paid him/his company then named timeshare solutions the sum of $99.00. In January 2008, he called to say that his comapny had changed its name to Resort Resales and that they had a consortium that was buying several timeshare units and that my unit was included in the package. He requested that I pay $350.00 to cover the title transfer fee. The contract was signed on January 15, 2008 and my check for $350.00 was attached. The sale was to be finalized in 45 days. To day is March 26th 2008 and I have not heard from the company, Mr. Ellis or Mr. Fitzpatrick nor have I received the proceeds of the prospective sale. I would appreciate some advice on how I could be reimbursed for the $99. + $350. I have paid.

• Mi
      27th of Mar, 2008

Hello,
    Do you have a copy of the mailed contract you signed?

I have a copy of the mailed contract I signed and a Postal Money order receipt.

I will file mail fraud on them in the near future if they don't honor their contract.

1st of Apr, 2008

In Dec. of 2007 Bill Elis called me and said he had my Timeshare b369sold and would close in about 60 days. He needed me to send 425.00 closing cost. He gave me a number to call for up dates. I called the number about 30 mimutes and got Bill Elis in person.
    He assured me that all was fine and everything was working good. So like a good little pigson I sent the money in a check. As of now 4/01/2008 The sixty days have come and gone no check and they will not answer the phone.

• Je
      2nd of Apr, 2008

I was contacted in 2006 by this company to rent by time share, and I paid them $95. My timeshare was not rented and I never heard from them again until March '08. This time I was contacted by Jim Brady who wanted to know if I was interested in selling my timeshare. My 1st question was how much was it going to cost me because I had no intention of paying them another fee for nothing. He apologized for not being aggresive as they should've in renting my timeshare, and stated that there was a $300 processing fee which I understood him to say that it would come out of the sales cost.

I was sent a contract for $16, 800 for my time share at Grand Desert Resort. The contract also stated that I was to send a check for $300 for a one time processing fee. Since the contract was e-mailed, I e-mailed back stating that the $300 up front fee was not what was discussed over the phone, and he needed to call me. Jim Brady called me and got very belligerent over the phone insisting that he did tell me about the $300 fee, and then mentioned something about $600 and that I was to pay the initial $300 and the remaining $300 was to come out of the sales cost. At that point I stated this was the 1st time I'd heard of $600 and I hung up. He called back and called me f-----kng stupid. As soon as I heard those words, I hung up the phone. I know that if this was a reputable sales person, he would not have used that language over the phone, and if this was a reputable company he wouldn't be working for them. After that I decided to google the company, and came upon your complaints. Although a web address was listed on the purported sales agreement, I have not been able to find the web site instead I was directed to the complaints.

3rd of Apr, 2008

Wow we have got to find Bill Ellis . He is the ### of the earth if what he did proves to be true. We need to get him and the people he works for no matter what it takes.

• Sh
      14th of Apr, 2008

We were ripped off too just as all of you were. I can't get anyone to return calls and contacted the State of NV department of consumer affairs, left my email address and they haven't returned anything either. Where do we go from here?fa8ed

15th of Apr, 2008

I have filed with the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission. I also paid my fee by credit card so I was able to file a dispute and get my money back from the issuer. Next step is the Dept of Consumer Affairs and possibly Attorney General. Also look into filing a complaint at www.consumeraffaairs.com Keep plugging away at these crooks. If we all try hard and come at them from several different angles we may get them yet.

• Do
      15th of Apr, 2008

All of your complaints sound so familiar. Bill Elis also took $500 from me as "closing costs" to selling my timeshare at Dolphin's Cove, Anaheim, California. I also filed complaints with the BBB and the Attorney Generals Office. What can we do? Can we file a law suit or something? I'm going to try to dispute the charge on my credit card like Jim did.

• St
      16th of Apr, 2008

I also have been scammed by this company. In May of 2007 I was contacted by Bill Ellis about selling my timeshare. He stated all I had to do was pay $199.00 for then Timeshare Solutions to sell it. I received a contract stating the selling price I agreed to sell it for and it also stated that if it was not sold in 9 months that I would receive the $199.00 dollars back. I thought what did I have to lose with an agreement like this. Well I did'nt hear anything from the company until late Nov. Bill Elis called and stated they had sold my Timeshare for the asking price, but the buyer said I would have to pay half of the closing cost, which was $700.00. I was very skeptical but regrettably agreed to let them charge it to a credit card. Needless to say it has been almost 4 months now and they will not return a phone call, now when I call it says the mailbox is full. I am going to try to get the money back from the credit card company! I will not stop going after this company or the individuals that work for them. If I have to make a trip to Vegas, so be it if that is what it takes. If anyone wants to discuss this matter with me feel free to e-mail me.

• Da
      17th of Apr, 2008

Mr. Ellis Strikes again with his fraudulent sales scam. Our experience is the same as everyone else. The initial 199.00 to list then the prperty is sold send 425.00 with the contract6 and 45-60 days a paperwork to transfer would be sent then a certified cashiers check from the buyer (SEEBO INC) would be sent. Everyone should file a complaint with the Nevada States Att. I am.

• El
      20th of Apr, 2008

We too have been scammed by this company, for $2400, and I am angry! Bill Ellis called and said he had a corporation that wanted to buy a block of timeshares for their people and wanted to know if we would like to sell them. He had quite a line. We have 11 timeshares and He needed $200.00 per time share to process the paper work. I mailed him 2 checks, one for $1000 and one for $1200. The deal was suppose to close in 60 days, around May 1. Contacted him about 4 weeks into the contract and was assured that all was going just fine and the closing would be still around May 1. After that I tried calling to ask a question, but the mailbox was ALWAYS full. So I sent an email which was also returned, then I sent a fax which was not responded to. Also I had a number for Bill Ellis (800-898-5413) which is also defunct. So I called the answering service they used, which is Embarq (800-786-6272), and they suggested that I call the BBB in Las Vegas, which I did. They gave me a new address, and said they were still in business, but couldn't find and liscensing for them, but did give me a new address - 2385 West Wigwam Parkway #280, L.V. NV 89123, and also a email info @timesharesales.net. They also said that they had complaints against TIMESHARE RESALES. If this info is correct we may be able to find them before they skip town! I'm going to pursue this to the end! We should all band together. We may have to make a trip to Vegas and scout them out. Email me if you want to help find them.

• Br
      20th of Apr, 2008

So my wife is not alone...same m.o., same everything...just a one time processing fee and in 45 to 90 days we will send you a check for your timeshare. They had requested her checking account number to "direct deposit" the money there, thank goodness she didn't give it ! She is going to start the same process as others, BBB, state attorney general and anyone else who will listen!

• Su
      22nd of Apr, 2008

The same happened to me. Thanks for your testimonies. I just reported this company through the Better Business Bureau online and encourage others to do the same. Maybe we can help protect others from the same!

25th of Apr, 2008
    Resort Resales - Timeshare Resale
    Resort Resales
    2385 Windmill Lane Suite 280
    Las Vegas
    Nevada
    Phone: 1866-735-0044
    www.resortreslaes.net

These people are scam artists. Do not believe them. Do not send money. They guarantee a sale. They have a buyer. It is all lies. The tell you 45-60 days. Then it become 45-60 business days. Then you get nothing. No return call. Zip. Just don't do it.

• Ge
    Lass Vegas
    Nevada
    Phone: 866-735-0044
    www.ResortResales.net

I don't know what can be done about these type of people but the authorities in Las Vegas needs to do something. this is just a Rip off. We as people who think these people are doing something good for us and then get stuck need to have some help from the authorties there Who do we need to contact. Jacksonville Fl

• St
      15th of May, 2008

Just repeat everything Bill Elis did to each of you - he did to us as well. His partner in crime in our deal is Bob Downey.
    Thanks for the reminder that we can file a dispute with Visa and hopefully get the $600 back.
    We are very interested in a class action suit if anyone has heard from an attorney. Thanks!!

• Ro
      27th of May, 2008

Same story as written above.
    Contract pending, no communication since March 10, 2008.
    Have tried repeatedly to phone with no answer.

• Ke
      15th of Jul, 2008

That wasn't a Wyndham rep. Many companies say they are representatives to prove credibility. NEVER pay anyone up front to list and sell your timeshare. They get paid from closing costs like a home does. You deserve to lose your money by NOT doing research.

• Je
      22nd of Jul, 2008

I agree there should be something done about this. We too paid 450$ in Nov of 2007 and after numerouse phone calls still have heard nothing back. Thanks to a friend I found this site and now I know why we haven't heard back from them. Does anyone know who we would contact to make a complaint and see if this Bill Ellis could be brought up on charges. If so please let me know.