Resort Property Specialists LLC / it is deliberate fraud!

On Sep.25/06 I received a phone call from Marilyn Smith of (RPS) Resort Property Specialists LLC, stating that they had an offer of $30,000 for my Mayan Palace Resort. I told her we had traded it for Velas Vallarta & it was worth a lot more. She apparently had the prospect on the phone & asked if he would purchase that one instead & she said he agreed & she gave me the price he would pay.

She wanted $4,000 for closing costs but I said I did not have it. Then she said they would accept $2,000 now & take the other $2,000 out when they received the money for the sale. I would have the documents within 6 weeks.

Documents did not arrive. I phoned & the secretary apologized & said she would send them out immediately. They apparently had a wrong address, so I gave her my address again.

Documents still did not arrive. I phoned again but the phone # had been cancelled. The website is no longer up. I feel this is much worse then a broken promise. It is deliberate FRAUD!

The phone # was [protected]
Address -4200 W. Russell Rd.Suite #112
Las Vegas, NV 89118

The President is Matthew A. Fitzpatrick

Va

Comments

• Va
      6th of Feb, 2007

I was contacted by Mr. Ron Densley of Resort Property Specialists of 4200 W. Russell Rd., Suite #112, Las Vegas, Nevada 89118 and informed me that he had a buyer for my timeshare in Florida and two timeshares in Canada. He informed me that the 3 timeshares would be put on sell for $68,000.00 U.S. and gave instructions to send their company $4,000.00 and in return they sent me the copy of the contract stating that they guarantee full refund of the money within 90 days if they don't sell the properties or if I sold it before them. Since October 2006, I have phoned the company 300 times and the phone was answered twice and each time I was told by the secretary that Mr. Densley was on the other line and that he would return my call. Until now, calls were never returned. Furthermore, we've contacted the Las Vegas Gov't thru e-mail and they informed to seek legal action against Mr. Ron Densley and the Resort Property Specialists and the President. Mr. Matthew Fitzpatrick. By this time, when I tried to contact the company, the phone numbers were already disconnected.

• Ha
      1st of Mar, 2007

MATTHEW A FITZPATRICK and I ARE NOT RELATED!

My experience with Resort Property Specialists, LLC (RPS) - resortpropertyspecialist@yahoo.com - is similar but started in Nov 2005. The LLC is important because there is another company Resort Property Specialist, INC doing business in California.

My experience started in Nov 2005. A Steve Kennedy called me and gave the same pitch about having a firm buyer for my Floride Timeshare and the deal would PROBABLY be completed by Feb 2006. RPS only wanted $1495.00 from me. This Steve Kennedy even called me several times to assure the deal was still in the works. During Feb 2006 I was in California, and this Steve Kennedy kept leaving voicemail messages concerning the status of deal. I now believe he did this because I won't tell what my West Coast travel plans were, and he was afraid I'd show up at their office. Shortly after returning to East Coast from wouldn't answer the phone, and when they did Steve Kennedy was always unavailable for one reason or another. His alledged assistant informed that the original deal had fallen through, but they were looking for new buyers. Later the excuse became that my sale was put a package deal and the potential buyer was looking for 20 properties to complete the sale. Soon Steve Kennedy disappeared completely, and I was transfer to somebody called Greg. I did get in touch with Greg when my "contract" was expiring and he assured that they only needed another 60 days to complete a sale. The contract extension expired in December 2006 about time they stopped answering the phone, later disconnected, and the website disappeared.

I agree this was an elaborate, sophisticated FRAUD involving a sizable number of people.

I would appreciate any information about filing complaints on this bunch anyone might have.

• Li
      29th of Jun, 2007

My husband and I had the exact same experience as the above. However the women we we "working" with was named Penny. We probably talked to her a handful of times and then we our year contract experienced and we were to receive our money back, phone calls were never returned and often never even answered. We had called this company at least 5 times a day for 6 months straight until the number was disconnected and then the website disappeared. We were also given the lines," check is in the mail, we misplaced your address, deal fell through because your timeshare was in a group sale and one of the properties had a fraudulent owner ( how ironic)... etc." If anyone knows of any kind of action that is or can be taken with this company email us. This is absolutely wrong and unfair for all the hardworking and trusting people that gave money to this "business" for a service.

• Lo
      9th of May, 2008

We had the same experience as the above and with the same women named Penny. The sad part of everything was that at the back of our minds we felt that this was not good and sure enough we got scammed. We should have stuck to our instincts and I would not be kicking myself in the butt today as I still do. These people need to be caught and locked up in jail. What the heck are the police waiting for, I even called the closest police station and they were of no help. So, obviously they got away and will do this again and again to innocent people like the rest of us.

• Wa
      18th of Aug, 2008

We first bought what we thought was a one bed room suite. Sales person was Lee Stepp. He was very high pressured and at times even showed disgust & anger. We took pictures on our digital camera of what we "supposedly" bought. What sold the deal for us was that we would receive a $40, 000.00 annuity at the end of our ownership and give this money to our kids. The next year we were told there was no such thing.Well, when we arrived at our unit, it had a bedroom so tiny that we couldn't open the door or the closet doors. Inside were two less than single beds. Of course the next morning we met with Jerry Ey who was so "nice and sweet". He tells us that Lee Stepp is no longer with them because of the antics he has pulled with this company. He then calls in the BIG man himself by the name of Chris Rogers who apparently to them, is the father of all time shares. The two of them instead of working on the one bedroom we showed them still in our camera, proceeded to give us a WONDERFUL deal on a two bedroom which didn't even have a lock-off. They proceeded to tell us stories about their relatives dying, which made me cry. Was this real or was a just a ploy to soften us up to buy? They gave us a price, but when it came to sign on the dotted line, the price had drastically gone up. Because we got a rotten deal the year before, thay promised us 13 or 15 free Bonus weeks to use at Velas. After our mortgage was paid, we received vouchers for three weeks and not the 15 weeks promised. I tried to phone and email Ey and Rogers but the information thay had given us was bogus. When we did get through via the switchboard, they hung up on us. I tried dealing with Johnny Noe, but that was like dealing with a politician.

• De
      17th of Mar, 2017

I also had a horrible experience with them. I've purchased my timeshare 3 years ago, and it's been impossible to get out. I was pressured to sign a contract,
    and i was also scammed, they never did what they promised. We must do whatever it's in our hands to put finish to those thieves!!!
    I was looking for some information about this resort and all their scam tactics, and i've found these articles that have a lot of info
    about them, take a look, ,