Resort Condos Plus / Fraudulent Marketing Practices

1 Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

My parents were contacted by this company. The sales person said he had an approved buyer for the property, and that the $2050 was the closing costs for the sale. He kept stressing they were a "SALES" company, not a "LISTING" company. They needed this fee up front in order to get the paperwork processed. He said that another person from the company would call within 1 hour to verify everything. The "catch" though -- very subtle and here's where it starts to go down the fraud path somewhat -- The person calling to verify the transaction will ask if you were told "anything about a buyer" and be sure you say "no".
When the verification call came, that was the first subject, but it was phrased quite differently. It was very direct to comply with federal, state, and local laws: "Were you promised there was a buyer for the property or were you provided any information about a buyer for your property?" Then she went on to clearly state that this was an advertising/listing fee; there was no guarantee that the property would be sold; the listing was for 3 months, but that they would continue to list the property...at that point I told them to forget it, so my parents called the deal off and canceled their credit card number to ensure no charges were made. BEWARE!!! If you want to list your timeshare to sell it I'm sure there are many choices out there -- just know to watch out for anyone who tries to guarantee you a sale.

Sm

Comments

9th of Sep, 2009

I had asimillar experience to the others except that I took the caller at his word and proceeded to pay $2050 for "closing costs". I am now told after not hearing from anyone since and then getting my friend who is resiudent in Texas to call that the contract has expired. SA set of thieves they are"

• Mm
      5th of Nov, 2009

I actually did come aboard with RCP Properties and a very good experiance. I had signed up with two listing companies in the past and had been burned so I was very reluctant to come aboard with this company. Once I came aboard, and went through their verifications and signed my contracts, I was contacted by the buyer that week. It took about thirty days to close on my property. But the fact is that I did close on my property!!! I am no longer a timeshare owner. So would I recomend this company to others? Of course. Because bottom line my property was sold. I was very hesitant to make the leap at first. But i am a very sastified client of this company. If anyone would like tyo talk to me personally responded to this bulletin with your email adddress and I will email you my phone number.

Mary Moore

• Tg
      4th of Jan, 2010

ITS FUNNY HOW PERIODICALLY YOU SEE "HAPPY CUSTOMERS" WRITING THINGS ON HERE. WHY WOULD PEOPLE GOOGLE A COMPANY THEY USED IN THE PAST FOR NO REASON. IF THEY ARE SUCH CURIOUS PEOPLE WOULDN'T THEY HAVE GOOGLED THE COMPANY AND FOUND THESE COMPLAINTS BEFORE USING IT?? I MEAN, IF CENTURY 21 SELLS YOUR HOUSE DO YOU RUN HOME AND GOOGLE THEM AFTER THEY'VE SOLD YOUR HOUSE? OR DO YOU GOOGLE THEM BEFORE DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM? THE "HAPPY CUSTOMERS" ARE THE SCAM ARTIST CROOKS THEMSELVES TRYING TO CONFUSE CONSUMERS INTO TRUSTING THEM. I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY. I HAD TO HIRE AN ATTORNEY TO CONTACT THEM TO GET MY MONEY BACK. I WAS SUCCESSFUL AT GETTING MY MONEY BACK ONCE MY ATTORNEY GOT INVOLVED. HERE IS SOME TRUTH FOR EVERYONE THAT WE LEARNED THROUGH INVESTIGATION. RESORT CONDOS PLUS IS NOT IN TEXAS. IT'S IN FLORIDA. THE OWNERS NAME IS JOE. THIS IS THE CORP OFFICE. THERE ARE SALES OFFICES RAN BY GUNNAR JENKINS (WHO'S SALES ALIAS IS CHRIS JACKSON) AND MAX. IF YOU'VE BEEN CONTACTED BY A SALES REP FROM RESORT CONDOS PLUS, IT'S COMING FROM A ### IN ORLANDO USING A LAPTOP WITH A FAKE # AND THEY ARE GIVING YOU A FAKE NAME. ANOTHER EXAMPLE... IF YOU'VE BEEN CONTACTED BY JACKIE JOHNSON, HER REAL NAME IS RAMONA. GUNNAR AND MAX TEACH THEIR SALES PEOPLE TO LIE TO PEOPLE AND STRING THEM ALONG TO GET THEIR MONEY. THEY CALL IT "GIVING YOU THE HEAT". THERE ARE NO BUYERS. ITS JUST HOT AIR THAT THEY SELL. THEY DON'T EVEN SELL CONDOS. IF YOU CALL CHICAGO TITLES TIMESHARE DEPARTMENT, WHO THEY CLAIM TO USE, THEY WILL TELL YOU THAT THEY DON'T HAVE ANY SALES IN THE WORKS THROUGH FIRST CLASS MARKETING OR RESORT CONDOS PLUS. IF YOU LOOK AT THE TIMESHARE SALES INDUSTRY, IT'S WAY DOWN. THE RESORTS THAT THEY CLAIM TO BE SELLING FOR $15, 00 PLUS, ARE NOT WORTH BUT A COUPLE THOUSAND IF THAT. CHICAGO TITLE CAN VERIFY THAT INFO. SO IF YOU ARE A VICTIM OF THIS FRAUD, HERE IS MY ADVICE. IF YOU HAVE AN ATTORNEY, GIVE HIM THEIR REAL NAMES AND SEE IF THEY CAN RESOLVE IT. IF NOT, CALL YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY IMMEDIATELY AND TELL THEM IT WAS A FRAUDULENT CHARGE. YOU HAVE UP TO A YEAR TO REQUEST A CHARGEBACK. WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT BORE YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY WITH THE WHOLE STORY. THEY DON'T CARE. ALL YOU NEED TO TELL THEM IS THAT IT WAS FRAUD AND YOU DONT KNOW WHO THIS COMPANY IS. THEY SHOULD DO AN AUTOMATIC DEBIT TO RESORT CONDOS BANK AND RETURN IT TO YOU. SOMETIMES THE PROCESS CAN TAKE A WHILE, THATS WHY I JUST HAD MY ATTORNEY CALL THEM. THEN MAKE SURE YOU FILE A POLICE REPORT AGAINST THEM WITH YOUR LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT FOR THE FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD. THEY WILL FORWARD THE REPORT ON TO THE ORLANDO POLICE. GIVE THEM ALL THE INFO OF THE PEOPLE THAT FRAUDULENTLY USED YOUR CARD. HERE IS THE ADDRESS "FIRST CLASS MARKETING/RESORT CONDOS PLUS 7550 FUTURES DRIVE ORLANDO, FL". THE GUY RUNNING THE SHOW AGAIN IS GUNNAR DELL JENKINS. IF THEY CONTACT YOU TRYING TO SCARE YOU INTO DROPPING A CREDIT CARD DISPUTE, HANG UP ON THEM AND IGNORE THEM. THEY LIE TO PEOPLE FOR A LIVING. DO NOT LISTEN TO THEIR EMPTY THREATS. I HOPE THIS INFO HELPS SOME OF YOU INNOCENT PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF

• Bo
      9th of Feb, 2011

This is probably one of the biggest set of scam artists out there. These are the same people that have run Global Timeshares, resort condos plus, worldwide timeshares among some of their company websites. They start a new website every now and than so they can go back through their old customer databases and try to sign those people up again after about a year. They are located at 111 Gatlin Ave. Orlando, FL 32806, they used to be at 8046 Presidents Drive #B Orlando, FL 32809. The new company is listed under Kelly McNally and Marcel Hidalgo, but the real mastermind behind this scam is Joe Rogewitz. Their Telemarking license number is TC3664, with their old one being TC2806 anyone who has been scammed needs to go and file a complaint at the website of http://www.800helpfla.com/complnt.html . The corp info is listed under Resort Advertising Professionals, Inc. Whatever you do, DO NOT PAY THESE PEOPLE ANYTHING, YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF. IF YOU PAID THEM, CONTACT YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY IMMEDIATELY AND FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE AG'S OFFICE AT http://myfloridalegal.com/Contact.nsf/Contact?OpenForm&Section=Economic_Crimes