Resmedin Nutraceuticals / No refund

1 182 Wood Landing Rd, Fredericksburg, VA, United States Review updated:

On 11/12/08 I responded to a trial offer for a bottle of a dietary supplement called Resmedin.

The price for this trial offer was $29.95 plus $6.95 for shipping, so I went ahead and ordered it.

On 12/12/08 I noticed a pending charge of $89.95 from Resmedin Nutraceuticals, so I called their customer service department and ask what this charge was for. I was told that when I ordered the trial bottle of Resmedin I agreed to join a continuity club, which I was not aware of at the time, I ordered.

I told them to please cancel the order and not to charge my card as the charge was still pending so I knew that the charge had not been presented for payment yet. I was told that it was too late that the order was being shipped that day. So I said I will return the order for a refund once I get it and that was the end of the conversation. I received the order on 12/15/08 and called Resmedin customer service again to make sure that the return when to the same address as it was shipped from. I was rudely told that they could not accept any return for a refund, I said you are joking, and again I was told no refund would be given and with that I ended the conversation.

I immediately called my bank to dispute the charge and was told that I had to first return the product before I could file a dispute. I have shipped the order back via UPS so that I will have proof of delivery and once it is received I will file a dispute of the charge.

I did call back and told them that I was going to file a dispute with my bank and was told, You can if you want to, but I will tell you now we have never lost a dispute which I found to be highly insulting by a professional business person.

I feel like I have been taken by this company and I do not want to see this happen to anyone else, this company needs to be stopped.

Pi

Comments

• To
      18th of Dec, 2008

I had problems also with this company started to oprder their trial but noticed the continuitry clug so i never submiited my order nor entered the exp date for the credit card. Nevertheless, i received a confirmation of my order the next moring .. sent them an email toi cancel.. wwas told too late, already shipped ! so i told him to cancel the continuity and go ahead and chage the full amont for the sample... Amonth later he calls me and tells me that mt credit card wont process.. I askef him wht he was charging ke explained that under the agreement he had not charged the balnce of the order for 30 days, giving me time to try ythe product.. I called the cc company .. they told me the charge was denied becasue the exp date was incorrect !

Well i never did get any product, , he assured me he would senf another sample no charge if i tiole him the exp date on the card, , stupid me!!! never got the free sample but i cancelled the card immediatle but i am out ~$30 tio this ### I will enter a complaint with e BBB

• To
      18th of Dec, 2008
    Resmedin Nutraceuticals - non delivery od product
    Resmedin Nutraceuticals

didnt supply the product ... called said they said he would sne another bottle never came .. Ths is company is a scam ...sounds like a one man operation when yoyu talk to them.. Dont order the trial they will enter you into their continuity club and keep charging your credit card.. i had to cancel the card.

• Do
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I have been ordering Resmedin for over two years. I find it to be the best resveratrol supplement on the market at the lowest proce. They have always been nice to deal with and have always been courteous and helpful when I have called with questions.
    They even did research for me on a question I had about testing done on resveratrol and Alzheimer's.Anyone that complains about this company has never dealt with them, as they are the best product at the best price on the market. |They do offer an autoship program, but I do not mind, as it saves me money and is very convenient. I also know I can cancel it any time I want. Since taking Resmedin I feel better than I have in 20 years. I have tried several others but still think they are the best.

• Pe
      8th of Jun, 2009

I agree with the complaint, similar happend to me. No shippment or confirmations. Resmedin Nutraceuticals charged my Credit Card for $149 with no Invoice or product. Credit Card company is working on returning my money.

13th of Jun, 2009

I had problems with them, they totally ripped me off. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE JERKS!

• Th
      28th of Jun, 2009

Thank you for the info. I just got some vit from them however, i am not opening up the package. because of your info I call my credit card and sure enought they charged me $149. My credit card company told me to send it back and after 15 days to call them to dispute the charge. I think DONALD works for them.
    Joan

• Do
      10th of Sep, 2009

I agree with all the above except for Donald. To make a long story short. I thought it was a free 30 day trail. Took 12 pills and develpoped a small rash, so I disconiune Resmedin and after a few days, the rash went away. Then two weeks later I received 90 supply and was charged $149.93 for the three new bottles and a charge for the original free 30 day which is not free after all. I called the customer service number (800-985-4256) and was dealt with RUDELY by Ken and was basically told to read the find print that I checked. I feel this company to be a bait and hook system. If they stand behind thier product like other good companies do, they would of worked this out professionally and usually give the refund. Beware, they know what they are doing. I also followed this up with two agencies.

• Ti
      9th of Nov, 2009

I went through the same thing with this scam company. I also called the number and they said all agents are busy, what a crock. This guy called me the next day and was very rude. He said if you read the terms you will see what it says. He E-mailed me the next day also being very rude in his E-mail. He also included the NOVEL (terms and conditions). They say 90% of the people re-order, like they have a choice. I always thought that a free trial and a free offer meant the same thing. This company if you want to call it that is nothing but a scam avoid at all cost.

Tip H.

22nd of Dec, 2009

BUYER BEWARE!!!

I did some research of my own about this company given the complaints before I ordered anything and found that the person listed as the President and CEO of Resmedin Nutraceuticals (aka RESMED Nutraceuticals Corporation in Sarasota FL), David LaFrance, on http://www.zoominfo.com/Search/PersonDetail.aspx?PersonID=1202368424 served time in Federal Prison after he was convicted of Wire Fraud in Florida for this same type of Scam. Although I can not say whether or not this product works I can say I would NOT ORDER it from Resmedin Nutraceuticals given the past track record of the President and CEO and his current practices. It appears Prison didn’t teach this guy a thing. Once a Scam artist always a scam artist I guess. Also, the BBB has 16 complaints filed against this company and has given the company an “F” rating. Go to http://www.bbb.org/richmond/business-reviews/not-elsewhere-classified/resmedin-nutraceuticals-in-fredericksburg-va-63391828/#cmpl. It seems as though between the BBB complaints and the online complaints such as these this guy will just continue to rip people of until he ends up in prison again.

Still feeling better than you have in 20 years Mr. LaFrance, opps I mean Mr. Laforge?

29th of Dec, 2009

Also, I forgot to mention in my above comment that anyone who feels they have been a victim of Internet Fraud should file a compliant with the Internet Crime Complaint Center. The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA). To file a compliant online go to http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

• Eh
      5th of Aug, 2010

Sadly, I am adding to the long list of sader, but wiser now. I ordered the three month "special" continuity club offer. I did not see any real results and this product does not compare to other offers I had tried out there in the past. Today I received my order for a three month supply of Resmedin with an insert referring me to
    www.600mg.com. There was no advance email notification of the shipment or the amount, etc. Just a cheesy claim they wanted to protect my privacy by not putting my specific order info, cc info, etc. I have done mail order business before and this is a new experience. They do not even have a Customer Service phone # available on the packing slip or online as if that will be of any real benefit. I am definitely saving the info included in these complaint to file against this fradulent scam! I will never order online from these types of things again that's for sure!!!

30th of Aug, 2010

I have the same problem. I didn't get the product, but they charged my credit car. I called the company and found that an arrogant guy with a motivated intention to turn down every requests. It appears to me that this company is selling Resmedin with an attitude of not caring any US business norms. And to me it's more likely cheating...I would love to know if customers can do anything against this company. My email add ress is; [protected]@gmail.com. Thanks!

17th of Sep, 2010

There is something you can do. Report David LaFrance to the he Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) and send his @$$ back to prison where he belongs. The IC3 is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA). To file a compliant online go to http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

This is Wire Fraud which is the same thing that he served time in Federal Prison for already. If you report him the FBI will investigate him, indict him and he will return to prison hopefully to serve a long sentence. But in order for any of this to happen you MUST REPORT David LaFrance. Report him people and save someone from his illegal business practices and arrogance.

• Wi
      23rd of Dec, 2010

Agree. I am one of the victim of this scam.

Wynn

• Au
      25th of Jan, 2011

I have also been stung :-(
    I have been using another brand of resveratrol but decided to give this brand a go...I ordered the trial offer on 1/5/11 and have just been hit for $152.00 on 1/25/11, considering I live in Australia I had to wait longer for the product to arrive, I really don't think 20 days is enough time to trial any product.I could not find any contact number for this company so I have had to close my bank account to stop these people from accessing my account again. I purchase a lot of different products from companys in the US and have always been very happy with the service, but this company really takes the cake !! I haven't even opened the first bottle that was sent to me yet and after seeing how they operate I dont think I will, if they are dodgy maybe their product is ?

22nd of Nov, 2011

Me too! I feel so damm!!! They should be in jail!!

• Ra
      20th of Aug, 2012

Hi!
    Everyone!I am Rachel from China.We manufacture resveratrol ourself.I can offer you the best quality, competitive price and best service.We supply resveratrol for many store in USA.They all satisfied with our resveratrol.If you are interested in our resveratrol, please feel free to contact with me.I do believe you will be satisfied with our resveratrol after we do business together.

Best regards,
    Rachel zhang

Marketing Department
    GUANYU BIO-TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD
    Add:1702 times square Building, Gaoxin road, High-tech Development Zone, Xi'an China
    Tel.:0086-29-88253271/ 88253272/