Residence Club La Jolla / Deceptive Trade Practice

1 Denton, United States Review updated:
Phone: 469-774-6565

On December 23, 2010 my wife and I visited Residence Club La Jolla(RCJ) in Nuevo Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico. While there we agreed to purchase a timeshare from RCJ based on a representation made by their sales manager (Armando) regarding an ancilliary relationship that he alledged existed between RCJ and a timeshare broker "Swap Global". The proposal basically was that Swap would guarantee purchase prices for two of my existing timeshares if I would agree to buy from RCJ. The prices guaranteed by Swap exceeded, or greatly exceeded what I had paid for the existing timeshares. So, bottom line, I was supposed to end of with one less time share and thousands of dollars in my pocket. That evening my wife and I had dinner with another guest in the hotel, Ms. Patricia Moore. She had entered into a similar agreement with RCJ. After a couple of hours of discussion we concluded that we had been conned, that we would never hear from Swap, let alone expect them to perform. At 10am, December 24, my wife and I and Ms. Moore all returned to RCJ to demand cancellation of our contracts and a refund of our money. Mexican law states that the buyer of a timeshare has 5 business days within which to cancel a timeshare contract. We acted within 24 hours. We were offered a partial refund, which we rejected, because we were aware of the law and expected that the proper governmental agency (Profeco) would enforce the law. We were wrong. Last month was my first hearing at Profeco's Mexico City offices. I did not waste the time or money to attend. The resort denied receipt of our notice of cancellation. Even though Profeco has in file copies of photos taken by wife, on December 24, 2010, of the resort manager seated at his desk, afixing his initials to our letter of cancellation; all that Profeco could or would do was to deliver the resort's offer of a partial refund. If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is. Also...birds of a feather flock together. It seems that Profeco is just as corrupt as their subjects!

Comments

Sep 29, 2011

Looking for a great deal in Mazatlan?

this is your opportunity, visit our website and discover that there is no need to own a timeshare to enjoy your holiday. Instead of paying a high maintenance fee every year, we invite you to see there are great places to stay at for an affordable price.

Check it out at:

Sincerely, Mazatlan Vacation Rentals.
    "Renting with the locals, vacationing as one".

• Jn
      Feb 18, 2012

I invite everyone that has been scammed by La Jolla to join my https://www.complaintsboard.com group. At the top part of the page click under the Groups tab and enter in the search space; Residence Club La Jolla Fraud, I have recently created this group for all of us, please join if you want to justice to be made.