Reservation Rewards / unauthorized credit card charges

1 CT, United States Review updated:

My wife & I recently closed a couple of credit cards. After we shut down one account we received a statement from that card with a $12 charge from Reservation Rewards. We called the 800 number listed on the credit card statement and spoke with a customer service rep who readily agreed to reverse the $12 charge. Just as I was about to hang up, I asked how many times had they charged the credit card account. She responded 18 times. I was in shock. I asked how we signed up for this and was told it was through e-harmony, a service we have never used. I requested that, since this was obviously a fraudulent charge, that the company refund all the money it had taken from us. The response - the customer service rep hung up!!! I intend to complain to the Connecticut Attorney General and the Federal Trade Commission about this scam and ripoff. This is exactly the type of company that deserves to be shut down and the owner sent to jail..

Comments

22nd of Feb, 2010

Hi Leftwing54:

I just read your post and want to give you an official response on behalf of our company. It’s important to me that your concerns are addressed and that your issue is resolved. If you would like assistance or have feedback, please contact me directly at mary@reservationrewards.com. If you do contact me directly, please reference this post.

Thanks,
    Mary

• Ba
      18th of Mar, 2010

Six months ago, I ordered some clothing from Kingsizedirect.com. Upon placing my order, they shared my credit card information with a third-party company called Reservation Rewards. I was not aware of this, and Reservation Rewards has been charging my bank card $12.00 a month for the last six months.

I did not agree to these charges or even wish to allow KingSizeDirect to share my credit card number. I've actually been ripped off from Reservation Rewards once before and would never have consented to do more business with them!

My husband thought it was a subscription to an online game and failed to mention it to me until yesterday. Right away, I knew what that charge was and promptly called them. They have verbally agreed to refund my account for 4 out of the last 6 months of charges.

I asked where they retrieved my credit card information, and they told me King Size Direct. King Size Direct claims that I must have been given an offer from this third party and accepted the offer. I am telling you No Way is that possible. I have been ripped off before by these people! I would never consent to more charges from them.

They currently have a class action lawsuit in Boston. The Better Business Bureau of Connecticut handles cases filed against Webloyalty. I plan on reporting this case to them during their open business hours. If you've had trouble with Reservation Rewards please join me by calling the Better Business Bureau too.

By the way, when I called Reservation Rewards, they were brazenly nonchalant. I told them I was going to report them, and they said, "That's fine". It's as if they know they can get away with it. If enough of us start complaining, maybe we could at least shut them down.

Better Business Bureau of Connecticut (203)269-2700
    Reservation Rewards (800)732-7031

• Pe
      28th of Jul, 2010

This outfit is a SCAM, in the good old days they would tar and feather the operators and ride them out of town on a rail. It is no feather in Connecticuts cap to have them operating there. Joe