Researchanyone.com / received an email saying my paypal account has been charged $219.95 for ResearchAnyone.com

21 Sylvester AveSaint Louis, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 3145800369

I received an email stating that my credit card has been charged(via Paypal) $219.95 for Expert Detective Informational Software.The name listed is Nancy L. Cornell. There is a link to go to to dispute the charge but it doesn't work when I click on it. Obviously a scam but how am I to dispute it? Receipt Number: [protected]

Comments

Py
  19th of Feb, 2008

Researchanyone.com - The company takes your credit information and you will never get results. In fact ,you will never be registered as a member.

I gave am credit card information to ResearchAnyone.com
Afterwhich, I could not lon on. When I asked for help through email, I got no help. The continued to give me information that didn't work. Don't use this company. I believe they are fraudulent.

P.Yvonne Jones
Sd
  28th of Feb, 2008
About an hour ago, I think I became the latest Research Anyone.com Sucker. I really believed that I would be directed to sites and would actually be able to get information. Every click of the mouse is directing me to a site where I have to pay additional money. Can anyone tell me exactly what you get for $19.95 besides ripped-off? I feel like such a fool. I almost joined another site that was $29.95. I most likely saved myself $10.00 by not joining. From reading previous comments, I won't even bother to fight with Pay Pal for a refund. I almost joined Ancestry.com for $19.95 per month until I saw this site and thought I had hit pay-dirt. Shame on me for not doing my research on these shysters.
  7th of Mar, 2008
This woman was emailed her password several times. She kept responding to the emails sent saying she wasn't receiving her password when the password was right in the email she replied to. Can't help people who aren't taking the time to read their emails. They want help but don't read emails and follow simple instructions!!

Instead, they take the time to go on sites and say they are being "frauded" because they don't read their emails.

She also never mentions why she didn't receive her password in the first place. This was because she didn't follow the instructions on the page at checkout that state "click here to return to merchant and retrieve your password to log in"

Also she didn't bother to click on the tab on the site that says "support" and send an email for password retrieval. There's a note right on the site that clearly says, if you don't have your password or forgot it, click here to send an email to customer support to have your password resent...

Goes to show just how odd people are...???
  4th of Jul, 2008
This phishing email ought to raise some eyebrows about the company. Definately a FRAUD.

Copy of phishing email below

Dear PayPal Member,

This email confirms that you have paid ResearchAnyone.com $19.95 USD using PayPal.
This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *RESEARCHANY".

Payment Details

Business Information

Business: ResearchAnyone.com
Contact E-Mail: sales@researchanyone.com

Receipt Number: 0010-8715-4422-2518

Note:

If you haven't authorized this charge, click the link below to dispute transaction
and get full refund

Dispute transaction (Encrypted Link )

*SSL connection:
PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information
in transit from your computer to ours using the Secure
Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length
of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available)

Keep your Receipt Number (shown above) for future reference. You will need to refer to this number if you need customer service from ResearchAnyone.com or from PayPal.

If you have questions about your purchase, such as shipping and tracking, we encourage you to contact the seller, ResearchAnyone.com at sales@researchanyone.com.

If you have been unable to resolve your questions with the merchant, PayPal offers a free buyer complaint resolution service that offers a quick, easy resolution to your concerns. It covers physical goods purchases made through PayPal, and is offered at no charge when you register for a free PayPal account. To sign up for an account, click on the 'Save My Info' link above.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Please do not reply to this email. Email sent to this address cannot be answered.

PayPal Email ID PP344
  11th of Jul, 2008
The website does not do anything it says it does. They do not refund money as gauranteed either.
  15th of Jul, 2008
my information is used to make purchase that i dont do. and not being solved. i need this matter to be resolved as soon as possible and dont be stealing from my acct. need a response now!!. close any acct. that may be opened in your site.
Ka
  16th of Jul, 2008
i disagree witht he chrges made. not only did this bill the email, it billed my 2 other email accounts.

pleasease hlep me this is a nightmare!!!
Ka
  17th of Jul, 2008
i did not want or order this, i want my money back.
Buyer: Nancy L Cornell

i am not Nancy L Cornell, it is Karene McDonald.

i want my money returned asap.

thanx ever so much
  17th of Jul, 2008
I received the same e-mail:

Dear PayPal Member,

This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *RESEARCHANY".

Payment Details

Business Information

Business: ResearchAnyone.com
Contact E-Mail: sales@researchanyone.com

Receipt Number: 0010-8715-4422-2518

Note:

and get full refund

Dispute transaction (Encrypted Link )

*SSL connection:
PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information
in transit from your computer to ours using the Secure
Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length
of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available)

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

PayPal Email ID PP344

I did not respond to it!
Di
  19th of Jul, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
If you have received an email stating that our website has charged you $19.95 via Paypal, please ignore this and DO NOT click on any links inside the email. This is a phishing email. You were not charged anything from us. This email did not come from us. Please forward the email you received to spoof@paypal.com immediately. We are working with them to track the individuals involved. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Regards,

ResearchAnyone.com Team
Vi
  20th of Jul, 2008
I DO NOT NOW, NOR HAVE I EVER HAD AN ACTIVE ACCOUNT WITH "PAY PAL"!!!I HAVE NOT TRIED TO RESEARCH ANYONE AND MY NAME IS NOT NANCY L.CORNELL.THIS REALLY MAKES ME MAD AND ALSO HAPPY AT THE SAME TIME, MAD BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER USED PAYPAL(THANK GOD) HAPPY BECAUSE NOW I KNOW I WILL NEVER USE YOUR PAYPAL SREVICES, AND YES I WILL TELL 2 FRIENDS AND THEY WILL TELL 2 FRIENDS ETC.

THANK YOU FOR BLOWING BEFORE I GOT THE CHANCE TO!!

NOW THAT'S BEEN SAID RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM A.S.A.P.

VICKI CARNES
La
  20th of Jul, 2008
OK WTF!!! is all i can say, who the hell is this NANCY L CORNELL????? is this a BOT of the website? whats going on?

How dare you (research any one) do this to people, who ever is behind this will have Karma thrown their way... and yes like Vicki, i will not tell 2 friends, but 10, and they will tell 10...and so on...
  21st of Jul, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Got one of these spoof emails too. The sender is PayPal (suport@PayPal.Inc.com). It would appear to be a bogus email playing off PayPal website. Go to PayPal internet site (not PayPal.Inc)...and log into your PayPal account. You can review your charges to ensure you were not billed. Also, you should foward this spoof email you received to PayPal as well (spoof@paypal.com) so they have documentation of the problem. PayPal recommends, after forwarding that spoof email to PayPal, delete the spoof email you received. I am glad this site is here, as I was not sure if the email was valid, but I addressed the concern directly with PayPal. Hope this helps. Matt
Jj
  21st of Jul, 2008
I got the same email that said my paypal acct. was billed 19.95 by Nancy L Cornell for researchanyone software. I clicked on a link in the email but it said that there was not website there so I hope I am ok. I am used to having a warning automatically shown when an email regarding a paypal dispute gets in my email. This one was the first one that didn't have this.
Ke
  23rd of Jul, 2008
Hi
I did not request any service from this company. I want my money back!!!
Ta
  23rd of Jul, 2008
Wow thank god for this website I was going crazy looking over past bank statements trying to find this charge. I got the same email with Nancy L Cornell. Thank you guys for making this public.
Lc
  24th of Jul, 2008
don't worry about this. If you think there is a problem, just log into your Paypal account and check yourself. You will see that there have been no charges to Research Anyone. Paypal doesn't even have them listed as a creditor. Don't log in from the email though or you will be in trouble!
Lee
Nu
  24th of Jul, 2008
I got the same dumb email. I have never been on ResearchAnyone.com and my name is not Nancy L. Cornell.
I suggest the ResearchAnyone.com Company figure out how to get the SPAM email that is using their name stopped, as well as PayPal. This is not something that will help either company...unless they want to get shut down due to customer complaints.
By the way, if you charge me 19.95...I want my money back.
Ba
  24th of Jul, 2008
I also got this email and tried to dispute the so called transaction, my computer would not allow me to access the socalled link it said it would dirrect me to. I juxt hope that pushing that button didn"t give them access to my hard drive. The transaction has not shown up on my PayPal account yet, I hope it never hits. If it does I just figure I'm out the money.
To
  31st of Jul, 2008
First of all i would just like to say haha ha sucker, whoever was the stupid one to try to use my "credit card" numbrer it doesn't work stupid!! and it won't work do you really think im stupid enough a real credit card number!!!I just got a letter from Paypal telling me that someone was trying to use my card and it was declined, Not only do i not have a paypal account i also don't have a computer to access my information.