Research Anyone.comUnauthorized charge

1 Review updated:

These emails are a scam. They are not affiliated with PayPal, nor are they affiliated with Research Anyone.Com. PalPal identifies you by name when they communicate. Any email that begins - "Dear PayPal customer.." is a scam. Never, never give out account or personal information when requested to do so through these solicitations.

Kr

Comments

• Ca
      Sep 21, 2008
    Research Anyone.com - did not purchase this product
    ResearchAnyone.com

I received 2 emails saying that I had purchased this company's product and they were charging my credit card $169.95 thru paypal. I have never heard of this company and certainly have never purchased from them nor has anyone in my household. Even though I do purchase items, paying with paypal, I did not do this.

• Bn
      Nov 08, 2008

they are ripping me off through Pay Pal.

• Do
      Nov 19, 2008

charges made to my pay pal account also delux furniture 538.15

• De
      Jan 02, 2009

Ihave received an email from this sight about a purchase of Identification software. I have not ordered this software. There is no contact information on this sight. I have not used my pay pal account in 4 years.

• Re
      May 30, 2009

I have not even heard about you till I saw your charge on my patpal bill, that I had just opened.This has got to be a scam.Get it off my account now because i will take legal action against you
    carolyn jackson

• St
      Apr 13, 2010

Hi
    I just got the email too, so I emailed Researchanyone.com. This is their repsonse

"Hi Steve
    The email you are getting is not affiliated with our company. Someone is sending out emails claiming they have charge the Paypal with $1xx.xx amount. If you see this email do not click on any links within the email. The link is trying to steal your Paypal pssword and username. Our website has a paypal buy it now button which is pre-set to $19.95 and changes cannot be made. The only amount you can make to our company is $19.95. Whatever other amount you see in an email is wrong and fake. When you receive emails as these, if you check who sent it to you, you will notice it is not directly from PayPal. They are pretending to be from Paypal but of course they are not. Do not fall for this and again please do not click on any links in the e-mail."

Hope this helps

• Re
      Oct 02, 2010

This is a common scam, NOT sent from researchanyone.com OR paypal. Your card/paypal account was NEVER charged by researchanyone.com or anyone, you should be able to verify this through paypal or your banking/credit card institution. If you search that receipt number in google, you will see many people have been sent an email with this same receipt number, under the name Nancy Cornell or other commonly used names.

The scammers most likely sent this from an email that LOOKS like it came from paypal, but if you LOOK CLOSELY AT THE SENDER OF THE EMAIL it did not originate from the real paypal (paypal emails will be something like [protected]@paypal.com, but a common one used by scammers is something like [protected]@paypal.INC.com). The scammers will purposely make it look similar in order to trick you into thinking the email originated from the real paypal. They want you to respond with your personal information so it can be stolen, and used for fraudulent purposes. Please report that email to paypal so they can look into it and hopefully someday catch the ones responsible.

Rest assured that you were never charged/billed in any way(again, this is very easily verified by logging into the real paypal by typing www.paypal.com into your browser or by checking with your credit/banking institution).

• Ke
      Aug 15, 2012

I too have had the same thing happen I am very angry, when attempting to contact the fraudulent organization was greeted with a bogus recording, no contact information on the site AND they have taken money from my account without my authorization!

• Ke
      Aug 15, 2012

And THEY DID take money from my account!!