Rescuecom / Rescuecom is a rip-off company!

This company charges $99.00 per hr. to send a tech to your house to fix/troubleshoot computer problems. On 2/4, a tech came tomy house.

Spent 1 3/4 hrs. trying to correct networking problem. Paid $187.50. Five minutes after tech left, I had same problem he supposedly fixed. He also gave me a new wireless network which was UNSECURED,because he didnt know that he was able to choose SECURED or UNSECURED while fixing it. Had me call APPLE to get ADM. PASSWORD. Apple told me tech sets up password. When I called to complain, manager offered to send over same tech. I refused same tech because she was not too savy. Manager responded he was only tech available. I told him to forget about it it and I put a STOP PAYMENT on check. So please be very careful about computer techs who come to your house. NEVER pay cash. There are a lot of ripoff PEOPLE IN THIS BUSINESS.

N  28th of Jan, 2008 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I work for rescuecom, I think that they just hire just about anyone that claims to have computers in their backround.... I think you just got a ###ed tech.
A  17th of Sep, 2008 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Rescuecom is definitely a ripoff. My hard drive on my PC failed and I called them regarding data recovery. The CSR that I spoke with outlined the 3 Levels that they offer for data recovery and the price for each one. She told me that a tech would call me back within an hour to discuss my options in more detail. The tech finally called me back almost 4 hours later. I told him that I had a mechanical hard drive failure and asked what my options were. He told me that Level 1 would not work, that I would have to send the harddrive to them and it would cost anywhere between $250 up to $4, 000 to attempt to retrieve the data. I told him that was too much money and figured I would call around to get other pricing. A few days later there is a charge from rescuecom on my credit card for $98. They call it a diagnostic fee. The didn't diagnose anything - I told him that it was a mechanical hard drive failure and was just looking into pricing for data recovery!!! They will not refund my money, even though their CSR told me that there was no charge for anything unless I sent my harddrive to them for data recovery. This place sux and is such a ripoff. This should be illegal!!
N  16th of May, 2009 by
In general, it is a good idea to use google or yahoo to search the internet to see if a company has any unresolved complaints against it. You would not believe the number of videos about computer repair companies there are on youtube or google video.

Very few companies will ever have no complaints from their clients simply because we all can make "msitakes". (LOL)

Those companies that hire relatively inexperienced technicians are going to have the most problems. The main thing is that if there was any issue - did the company make it right??

Regarding rates: I have over 20 years of experience in working on computers, I have trained over 500 people to repair computers, and I charge $90/hour. If you get a tech with 6 months experience, are they worth even close to that?????

Be aware of what you are getting. Your best bet for good results is a privately owned company where the owner is the tech and has lots of experience.

Good luck with your next repair.

Rob Cox
Cox Networking & PC Services
A  16th of Jun, 2009 by
Today is June 16, 2009
A few days ago I called Rescuecom to com out and fix my computer.
About 1.5 hours after I called to have them come out ... I called again to cancel the ticket or whatever they call it.
They told me there are no refunds! Geez! It was only an hour and a half after I placed the call! I used American Express and put a dispute on the charge. American Express sent me a letter today saying that my case is more difficult and may take a month or more. They charged me over 100.00. like maybe 140.00.
Rescuecom is a very slimey company
A  10th of Aug, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
rescucom ripped me off badly. Their motto is "no fix, no charge". That is a lie. They could not repair my ladtop that has a viscious virus attack in April of '09. But, they take your credit card first, and therein lies the problem. I was on the phone with the idiot, know-nothing, "tech" while I watch the cursor go here and there.
There was nothing he could do for my machine. I asked him if he charged my card, and he mumbled something to the effect that he "didn't think so" and then went on the say "if I did, just call customer service and they'll refund the money"

Well, he did charge me $127.00 for nothing, and to add insult to injury, he also charged me another $93.00 or s0 for and anit-virus program that I never received. It would have been impossible to send a program to my computer anyways. It was dead meat and the virus was disallowing internet connections.

I protested the charges to them and to my credit card company. At first my credit card company disallowed the charges. But Rescuecom has a dedicated staff to fight their many protests and they got my Sears Master Card to pay them the money. I protested to Master Card again, but to no avail. I then canceled my Sears Credit Card in protest. They allowed me to be ripped off by these internet pirates call Rescuecom.

A  14th of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
There are a lot of computer repair companies out there. The problem is with regulation, or lack there of. Any person can start a "COMPUTER REPAIR BUSINESS". There are a ton of these types of guys on Craigslist and other sites! They list their services at LOW LOW rates, somewhere around $20/hour or $40-80 flat rate fee for repair. Now a thorough cleanup service for a virus or spyware/malware infection should take about 4-6 hours. It can take as little as 1-2 hours th0ough, depending on the speed of the computer and the severity & number of infection(s). So what do you suppose will will happen to your computer if you entrust it to a "COMPUTER TECHNICAIN" such as you'd find on CraigsList who charges $40 flat rate (for example)? A $20/hour technician is not a reputable one. If he was truly good at computer repair, he would charge a much higher rate. I agree with Rob Cox's post above (from Cox Networking & PC Services). $70-$90 / hour is a reasonable rate. Geek Squad charges about $100-$150 / hour for most IN HOME service calls. Although they don't charge per hour, rather, a flat fee per TYPE of repair service, they have a quota of time per service, so a virus removal would be about 2-3 hours. So when it comes to your personal property, like a computer, which has a certain dollar value, and YOUR DATA, which is very valuable, sometimes priceless...do not entrust your computer & sometimes your LIFE to a $20/hour CraigsList computer tech.

RescueCOM may suck, but the RESCUETECH USA team has been rated very high in their honest business practice, level of expertise, proficiency of repair, & customer satisfaction. Visit www.rescuetechusa.com today!
A  23rd of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
This is my second comment about Rescuecom. Since my first comment I found out that My American Express Card which I used to get Rescuecom to make the drive to my apartment ... is the same credit card company Rescuecom uses to handle their business. American Express only gave one-half of my money back !!!
Situation: I called Rescuecom because my computer could not access the internet and I had already tried everything I know to do it myself. One and 1/2 hours after I made the appointment my computer began to work properly again. I called Rescuecom to cancel the appt. and to have my money returned to me. They said they told my NO REFUNDS. I told them no one told me about NO REFUNDS. Rescuecom said they had a tape of me listening to the No Refunds speech and my acceptance. I told them ... let me hear it. I told American Express they had a tape. Turns out American Express tells me that Rescuecom fired the employee who spoke to me because he did not tell me about the NO Refunds policy.
Still I had to pay $68.00 ( which is 1/2 ) for absolutely nothing. I am laid off now. I do not feel Rescuecom should be in business and I do not think American Express is all that they are cracked up to be. I am their customer and they let me down big time.
N  19th of Feb, 2012 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
To all viewers: Don't get Rescuecom unless you have at least google searched customer reviews/complaints against this company. I am saving you a big time and money!
(You are allowed to Copy and Paste this massage all over the internet!)
A  27th of Nov, 2015 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Rescucom is the biggest joke in the computer repair industry!! DO NOT...DO NOT use these con artist!!! I had a computer problem and called them to fix it they sent a technician over to the house and he fumbled around for about an hour and a half but got nothing fixed!! I got charged over $140 plus they charged me with one of their own Anti-viruses that didn't work -- I got more and more viruses. I called and got through to the president of the company and he laughed at me saying there's nothing I could do to get my money back and then proceeded to threaten me by saying that only they can get the anti-virus removed but it will cost a lot of money. He continued to laugh!! I later got another technician from another company over to fix what Rescucom did and the tech told me that most of his clients are victims of Rescuecom and told me they are a scam company hiring inexperienced techs. I also was told the same by a few techs at a local MicroCenter (computer super center). Bottom line...find someone else at all costs!!!
A  5th of Sep, 2016 by
Rescuecom scams!
N  24th of Jan, 2017 by
I think i got into the same problem with these guys.
Couple month ago i had problem with my computer. I went there for help and they sold me this so called - One year unlimited service for $ 29.99 per month.
My computer is still slow. I decided to buy new PC and one year antivirus program and cancel this agreement with this company. Because it doesn't make any sense paying for what is not working.
Today January 23. 2017 I called Rescuecom and they said that i can’t do that. I have to stay with them for one year and keep paying them or i can just make one payment for whole year in advance. Plus the guy name David called me scammer. Saying that i want to scam him for this money. Which is totally unacceptable calling people like that. .

Rescuecom Logo Rescuecom