Resales By Owner / scam

I was talked into paying an upfront fee to sell my timeshare. The sales person was very nice and excited saying they will have to fight off buyers. It has been over a year, and I have not received one offer! I have called and called, with usually a rude receptionist saying there is no manager on duty. JI is the sales person who will sometimes return my call or email, and tell me she is working on it, but nothing happens. Buyers BEWARE this is a scam you will not hear back or get any offer. I have been trying to call the company the last few days, and the mailbox is full. I have certainly learned my lessen, to never trust these type of companies and to NEVER pay an upfront fee.

R Duke

More Resales By Owner Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Pa
      4th of Dec, 2008
    RESALES BY OWNER - NO RESPONSE

ON JULY 1ST OF 2008 I SENT A CK FOR $650 TO THIS COMPANY IN AN EFFORT TO SELL A TIME SHARE AND HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THEM SINCE.

• Pe
      8th of Apr, 2009

I am having the same issue. I went with Resale by owner in October. The company is out of Daytona Beach and the lady I have been in contact with is JI Jennings. She told me that she was showing the property and I should get an offer. I have lowered the price, I need to get rid of it so I can file bankruptcy and she has not done a thing.
    So frustrated.

Peg

• Do
      6th of Jan, 2010

These liers and cheats are insidious and have no honesty at all. They cleverly seduce a client with promises of prospects lining up to rent BUT they need an up front feet to buy more credits from RCI. Later I was told that the fee was for advertising. Then they needed more money for "PORT FEES ON THE CRUISES", and last they needed more for the balance of the RCI fees that were required. They will even help you with suggestions of looking into your savings account, checking account and even use your credit card.

I have never recieved any value for the money I invested. This is over a 2 year period of time. I was hoping for some rental income for my retirement savings, instead I lost all of my savings blindly trusting them. One of the names I have delt with is DAWN HARRINGTON, smooth talking, confident and really seems to want to do the right thing for you. DON'T BELIEVE IT. She is a hard core "scammer". I think that complaints to the "better Business bureau" and the "Scam/Fraud investigation unit" at the local level might be worth a try for help. What I hope for is to get my money back.

D

• Th
      15th of Jan, 2010

I don't know about anyone elses property but, I had J.I. Jennings sell my resort at Blue-green and I currently have 2 rentals renting with her. I have been happy so far, I have made to date with the sale included $18, 794.00. Sorry to hear about your bad experiences.

D. Hall
    Battle Mnt., NV

• Ab
      17th of Jan, 2010
    RESALES BY OWNER - Fraud
    Serafano Enterprise/RBO
    Florida

I have been waiting for this company to sell my timeshare. Waiting for 5 plus years. I have had no success contacting them via email or phone. What options do I have now?

• Zt
      20th of Feb, 2010

I had my timeshare sold by J.I. Jennings. She sold my Westgate Lakes for $21, 000. I was thrilled. I bought it with my Ex and was not going there anymore. She was very nice to me and always was there for me when I had questions. I would tell anyone to have J.I. Jennings sell their timeshare.

Z. Toye
    Springfield, IL

• Br
      22nd of Apr, 2010

I got taken by this company and many other resale companies.

After being taken a few times I started researching the internet and found a company that helps people who have been scammed get their money back. Do a Goggle search on Timeshare Fee Recovery

Good luck...PS so far I get back about $1500 from a couple companies.
    Bruce

• Hh
      21st of Mar, 2011

JI Jennings also talked me into an upfront fee with no results. I am looking for the company address to send some legal documents. The 1700 south ridgewood av is no good. I have also had calls form a couple people saying they can get the fee back because they are a company that can get money from companies like Resalesbuyowner.com. They also wanted an upfront fee. I didn't buy into that one. Instead I became a member of PrePaid Legal and am working with a Lawyer to get my money back. PrePaid Legal is a company that sells coverage for legal expenses for as little as $17 a month with no contract. I have a whole law firm on retainer for any legal help that I need. I like it so much I became a broker to sell it. If you want more info; send me an email at henryhoefer@exlinc.net or go to www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/hhoefer I want to let as meny people know as possible about the timeshare scams and how to get you money back.
    hhoefer