Resales Buy Owner / Timeshare Rental

1 Daytona Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800--985-1223

These people contacted me by email offering to rent or sell my timeshare for me. I really wanted to rent and mistakenly entered into negotion with an agent named Cheryl Clay. After being enticed to pay $300 up front, after they received the money and the papers were in, I never heard from them again. They did not rent my timeshare, nor did I see it advertised on the website they claimed it would be on. Do not have anything to do with these people. I now no longer trust timeshare people on the web and I don't want to see anyone else get burnt in this fashion. Never give anyone money up front. Let them charge a commission for sales or rental of timeshares to only be paid after the sale or rental is complete!

More Resales Buy Owner Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Le
      2nd of Jul, 2008

I had Cheryl Clay contact me with and offer to sell my timeshare for $466 which is down from the $600 she normally charged. This makes me think again about who to trust.

• Ph
      25th of Oct, 2008

I answered the ad on the internet by phone. I talked to a "Raymond" who said there were people waiting to buy at the Resort I was selling and there would be no problem of a quick sale. I sent in the papers and a check for $786.00 in March 2008. That was the last communication .. The check was cashed, no receipt, contract and the phone was diconnected that I had.. I was TAKEN by a scam but I won't let it go now... If you have any info I can use please contact me

• Ph
      25th of Oct, 2008

I just want to add this comment.. DO NOT TRUST ads on the internet. If you need a service, go to the yellow pages or a reliable source in your town.. There are more con artists on the internet and most cannot be trace after you negotiate any business with them. On this website, a salesman named Chris, confessess this was a scam. And the employees smoked pot, crack and drank while on the phone taking your money . He said the people he worked for was Jack and Michael Cooper from Daytona Bch, Fla.. Also, a Joel Uptagrafft, Panama City, Fla. (telemarketer for this co.)had to go find a job after they shut down and moved out.. So, Jack, Michael, Cheryl Clay and "Raymond" if you are reading our comments, take note.. Your time is coming and we want our hard earned money BACK.

• Da
      12th of Feb, 2009

I sold my timeshare with this company very quickly and was very happy with their services. I think that some people have unrealistic expectations. I paid almost $1000 and got great results. I had paid a previous company $299 and got nothing- I guess you get what you pay for! I have since recommended Resales too three different people who have also had great success. I think that most of us are quick to complain but not quick to praise. I was googling them to find the phone number for another friend and found this. So kudos to you resales buy owner! Keep up the good work!

26th of Mar, 2009

I am currently researching this company. I like seeing comments both for and against. I am actually encouraged that there are so few negative comments. I plan to continue my research.

• Db
      24th of Sep, 2009

I WAS APPROACHED OVER THE PHONE IN MARCH 2009 BY DIANE BALL REGARDING THE PURCHASE OF 12 WEEKS OF TIMESHARES. I WAS GETTING A PROMOTIONAL PRICE SINCE I ALREADY OWNED A TIMESHARE AND THEY WOULD HELP SELL THE WEEKS. SAID SHE HAD PEOPLE SIGNED UP ALREADY AND AS SOON AS THEY GOT MY PAYMENT THEY COULD START. I GAVE THE MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND THEY SENT A CONTRACT OUT WHICH STATED THAT THE CREDIT CARD WOULD NOT B USED UNTIL THEY RECEIVED MY SIGNATURE, NOT TRUE, THEY CHARGED IT THE MINUTE I GAVE IT TO THEM. SINCE THEN I HAVE RECEIVED NO RETURN PHONE CALLS AS I HAVE LEFT MESSAGES WEEKLY. THERE HAS BEEN NO ADVERTISING. I CAN'T BELIEVE ANY OF THE POSITIVE CLAIMS SINCE THIS IS SO RIDICULOUS, I THINK THOSE ARE PLANTS.

• Ar
      6th of Oct, 2009

You can call the owner directly, on his cell phone at 386-341-3669. His name is Michael Hooper.

• Mj
      7th of Oct, 2009

We contacted this company to sell our timeshare and paid the $699.00 and had 15 days to cancel which we decided to do before the 15 days was up. We worked with Ron Bledsoe for 2 months trying to get our money back. I have e-mails that were sent to him weekly and his responses, each week it was a different excuse as to why we hadn't received our refund. So we gave up on him and called customer service and left voicemail and it was returned by Dawn 2 weeks later, she told us to write CANCEL on the contract and send it back and once received we would have our refund within 72 hours. We did this and called her once we got confirmation from UPS that is was delivered and she said it would take 3 to 15 days to get our refund but if we haven't recieved it by then to call her back. Well we never received the refund and have left 4 messages on her voicemail and have not received a return phone call yet. We are in the process of turning this over to our attorney for collection. I know $699.00 is not a lot of money but it is the principal I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.

• Gp
      1st of Mar, 2010

I just got back at this peice of ### business, my bank went after them and they resolved the issue, i got all my money back from these ###s, i sent all the call and email attempts to my bank and explained the situation to them in every detail i could find and it worked out great for me, now i just received a 5-6 page complaint form from the attorney general of central florida, and i will send that too, it sound's like the days are numbered for this ### business, i hope they all get whats coming to them!

Triumphant consumer