Resale & Consignment / Dresses Stolen

1 18441 Hwy. 105 W.Montgomery, TX, United States
Phone: (936) 582-2834

I took 2 formal dresses into the shop for resale. Owner was "too busy" at the time to log them in on my account and price them. She complimented me on how pretty the dresses were and said she would get them out later that week. On Monday of the following week, I went into the shop to get the formals out to give to a friend who was going on a cruise. Owner said she had been too busy to get the dresses out and could not stop what she was doing to find them. I looked in the formals area of the shop and did not see my formal dresses. I asked owner if she could check my account to make sure they were listed on my account. She said she was too busy to even do that. She took down my name and phone number and promised she would pull the dresses no later than Friday of that week. I went back to the shop on Friday of that week, and she told me she had been too busy to pull them. She then told me to go find them and pull them. I looked in the formals area again and did not find my two dresses. When I told her this, she began making excuses. Several e-mails ensued where she tried to say the dresses had been in the shop for over 90 days (which was a lie) and were donated due to not being sold. I reminded her they had been brought in for resale only a week prior. Then owner tried to say the dresses were not suitable for resale (another lie). She had already complimented me on both of the dresses when I brought them in. The dresses had been worn only 2 times each and had been dry cleaned. Then she agreed (in an e-mail from her) to let my friend come in and pick out a formal dress and "give" it to her. My friend went into the shop with that e-mail and the owner told her she could not "give" her a dress - she could only "loan" a dress. Owner has either stolen or lost my two formal dresses. And owner continued to lie about where the dresses were, and she lied about her offer in her e-mail to "give" my friend a formal dress.

Ne