RequestAGrantsignCashGrantInstitute.com / Money taken out of checking account

P.O. Box 60739 - Washington, DC 20039Washington DC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 202-683-1404, 866-524-7754

I got a voice message informing me to go to http://requestagrant.com/> to register for information regarding FREE GRANT MONEY. So I went to the site and provided my phone number to request a grant. Sometime later, I receive a phone call, which I answered. The caller informs me that they can send me a CD and a tools package that will help me search and apply for grants for a shipping and handling charge of $2 and change. I immediately start receiving emails informing me that I have 15 minutes to apply for a grant. The email is filled with several paragraphs with different need categories but all have this link http://Link.CashGrantInstitute.com/Grants/CALL_1SC_1113>. Upon clicking this link, I am sent to another web page, where I can fill out another online form to receive information, again for shipping fees of $2 and change. In the meant time I get a pending charge to my bank account for $56.00 and another charge for a foriegn transaction fee! Attempts to call the [protected] phone number results in nothing but getting a recording to leave your phone number and name. I also called the phone number on my checking account transaction [protected] and get different messages but have never had an actual person respond, even after waiting for upwards of 30 minutes. I have reported everything to my bank. These people are scammers and will hit your bank account for incorrect amounts and you will never receive anything from them in the mail.

Comments

Sa
  18th of Nov, 2008
I also received a phone call and attempted to respond when I attempted to apply it was a scam. I m also on the no call list but, they did it any way.
Al
  4th of Dec, 2008
money will be used for business and pay off bills
Ed
  8th of Jan, 2009
I read the two complaints above and concure with both except for one thing. I called the numbers and finally got a person on the phone who said his name was Josh. He told me I had been approved and would receive another email shortly. I did and it had a link to follow within 15 minutes to get my $25, 000.00 before someone else got it. The link would not work.
I have talked with another person there and she told me my time period was up and I would have to pay another $2 fee and to submit my request again. She also told me that they didn't send out any grants and gave me another website to go to and request a grant. That website went to the same place as the others. Then I received another email with a different website to apply. It would not even load up. I am also missing $1.99 and $29.99 from my checkig account which was off my debit card.
Br
  15th of Jan, 2009

RequestAGrantsignCashGrantInstitute.com - Unwanted emails and extensive calls no way to stop them
Requestagrant
Iowa

Wanted to look into cash grants from the goverment. Seen multiple websites that promised the ability to do so thats when I looked into the website in question. When I did so I was lead into website after website till I got to one that said I was preapproved for $25, 000 in free cash grant from the goverment. I then filled out imformation about myself mainly my address Email and phone # nothing more, I was leary to do so, I do not know how they got my name in the first place maybe off my explorer profile but after I gave them my email and Phone # they have automated phone calls every evening at 6-8pm central time once or twice a nite and unlimited emails telling me to act fast or I'll loose this $25, 000 they say I can romove myself from their list but nothing happens when I click the url.
Br
  15th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I also forgot to add that when the calls come in I have extensive names of hotels that the calls are coming from thats what my caller Id gives me mostly in the Maryland Rhode Island and other New England states.

brodas2278