Request a grant.com / scam

United States Review updated:
4.5

After reading other complaints I will definitely not visit this site. I don't know how they got my phone number but, I am reporting them to the Missouri no call list.

Comments

St
  17th of Oct, 2008
I'm not sure how they got my number but they call every other day. When visting their site just reading the home page they want you to pay 19.99 to recieve information. You should not have to pay anyone for information that you can find yourself for free.
Be
  22nd of Oct, 2008
I bernice walker already have the cd" someone call my home told me i was egilable for up to 25.000.00 when i fill out the application then they continue want me to get another cd. how many cd"s do i have to have. lets get on with the grant. bernice8445@yahoo.ca
Jo
  25th of Oct, 2008
i got a call and they said i could get a grant and i just did not terust them because it was on my cell phone
La
  27th of Oct, 2008
Yea they call me every day something is wrong wene they say it is free nothing is free exp 25k lol.I am not going to fall for their crap maybe noone else will either!
De
  27th of Oct, 2008
i thought the same thing, how did they get my number and cell number at that?! then i read how all they sold you was a cd, then wanted you to buy another and still no grant info. their recording stated everything was free. what a bunch of crap!!!
  30th of Oct, 2008
What concerned me was when I checked their registration, it was out of India. Why would a US grant come out of India??
Sh
  3rd of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
How do they keep getting my cell phone number... I thought the do not call list was supposed to stop that from happening. I didnt answer the cell phone when they called since I didn't recognize the number. Well they left me a nice detailed message to go to their website to get info on a free grant I was entitled to. I decided to check it on here... too good to be true... scammers...
Re
  10th of Nov, 2008
I never contacted this company but I started to get calls on my cell phone stating that because of my current situation I was eligibe for a grant of no less than 25k all I had to do was call and request it I know t his is a scam and I don't want anymore phone calls from them
  10th of Nov, 2008
I got a phone call and they said I am elgeible for a free grant that I don't have to pay back. www.requestagrant.com
Phone: 202-683-1404 I would like to know if this is a scam or is good. I was scammed once and I don't trust anybody any more.
I lost a lot of money. Please let me know.
We

Request a grant.com - scam/phishing
Washington

I mistakenly gave them my phone #. When they called back I checked their 201-740-0032 number and it is a disconected number.
luckly I never gave them any more info or I would have been screwed.
Now they call 20 times a day and just hang up????????????????
###ing ###s!!!1
Cu
  11th of Nov, 2008
at a time like this you have to be particular. everyone is looking for a way to get over. i got the call too on my cell phone which i thought was very odd. 202-683-1437. immediately i thought, this is a scam, no one not even the banks can give you anything!!
Fi
  12th of Nov, 2008
thease crooks took ^60 dollars 67cts out of my checking acct, what can be done about thease
crooks.
Co
  14th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I just received this call from 1-202-683-1437 (called ID), message states call back at 1-202-683-1404??? I'm not sure that I can trust this. Why would the Gov't be giving out monry FREE, and you have to PAY to receive it. If grant money is available, it is exactly that a GRANT . . . not something you have to pay for. Concerned Pa Resident.
Co
  14th of Nov, 2008
Confirmed this is a SCAM!!!http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/consumers.aspx?id=1053

Here are some easy ways to spot this scam and others like it:

Beware of callers who claim that you have been awarded a government grant - grants are only provided to people and organizations that meet specific guidelines and complete the application process. Remember that people generally will not call to offer you money
Never send money to "verify, " "guarantee, " or "process" your alleged grant - requests for up-front fees are a sure sign of a scam.
Never provide personal financial information or your Social Security Number - this type of information, when in the wrong hands, can be used to steal your identity and your money.
Always ask for information in writing - if the grant is legitimate, the caller will not have a problem sending you the information in writing.
Always trust your instincts - like the old saying goes: "if an offer is too good to be true, it probably is."
De
  16th of Nov, 2008

Request a grant.com - not approved for any card selected

request a grant .com left voice mail on my phone for grant money that did not have to be repaid, but when you visit the site all they offer is credit card and no grant money. all credit card offers that i seclect that were supporse to be guaranteed approval were all denied (secured-unsecured).

Applied for mastercards through continental and
platinum - both denied.

Definite false advertisement. Still can't get them to pull up any information for government grants.
Be
  17th of Nov, 2008
I am glad I read the notices on " REQUEST A GRANT.COM" you saved me a lot of time.I had a feeling that it was a scam.I don't know how they got my e-mail address either and my cell number also and who ever they are they left a Capital Hill number in Washington, DC (202-496-8001) WON'T BE CALLING THEM
Sn
  18th of Nov, 2008
Same thing happened to me, they called my home and left a message, anything that sounds that good is bound to be a scam
  20th of Nov, 2008
how do these people get our cell numbers? Our they bill collectors trying to get a response? Because I have the block on my phone . There isn't such a thing as free money and if there is wish someone would tell me so I could get my hands on it.
Ha
  28th of Nov, 2008
I too received a call today at my home from "Washington, DC, 202-683-1437 stating I can get government money, and can check this information by visiting requestagrant.com, or call 202-683-1404 and this is why I came to that site and saw the requestagrant.com scam and it's true. They want me to send $19.99 to get a list for the information regarding what grant I could qualify for. What is going on here. Please enlighten me. Thank you.
Wi
  2nd of Dec, 2008
I keep getting calls also on my cell phone.Who can i call to stop these calls.Thanks