Reputation Defender and Hawk / Are these compaines scammers?

Reputation Defender and Hawk

I have no proof of this but the week I contacted the first company "Reputation Defender" back in Nov 2008, my company and my name had two more negative blogs pop on on Google's first page repeating the same negative stuff that a couple of difficult and dissatisfied clients said about us on other blogs. We signed up with them on the 14.95 Euros plan back in December, A month later the first blog completely disappeared from Google, and basically the blog itself was removed. great! I thought I was getting results.

I occasionally would send Reputation Defender emails asking them about results and they said that this stuff takes time. In the mean time they created a couple of positive blogs that never made it to the top 20 on Google. Then four months later the second blog that was created right before I signed up with them, also suddenly disappeared after it made it to Google #2 spot. WOW! they sent me an email, look another blog is gone now. But I said the stuff that was there before I signed up with you is still in the top 10 on Google and the new good publicity blogs are still down on pages 4 and 5. They said the longer stuff has been on Google there the longer it takes, because their aging algorithms. Okay, I accepted that logic. 3 months later no improvement.

So I decided to hire another company, upon contacting Reputation Hawk, the first week a new negative blog post "this time full of lies" about our company makes it to Google #1 spot.

Is this a coincidence? Did Reputation Defender do this or is Reputation Hawk have the same scam? where they create negative blogs they control and they remove conveniently to make me think they are getting results?
Has anyone have similar experience?. You really have to have be paying very close attention to see this what appears to be a scam.

If you are reading this blog it is too late. We made some mistakes and made a couple of clients angry, which started the whole thing. The lesson we learned is to never make a client that pays us money mad for any reason even if it costs us money. In this internet age, this negative publicity is going to cost us 100 times more than the two difficult clients business ever made us, and we did not want to sue the clients and increase this negative publicity night mare.

Comments

• Se
      25th of Sep, 2009

Reputation Defender is indeed a scam and a ripoff

21st of Oct, 2009

I called Reputationhawk.com and the same happened to me. They suck. As for Reputation Defender they do nothing but tell you where your negative links are. big deal google will tell me that. stay away from Reputation Hawk

6th of Nov, 2009

I can't speak for Reputation Hawk, but ReputationDefender is a total waste of money.

• Sl
      15th of Jan, 2010

Absolutely a scam and worse.

They had a lawsuit filed against them for libel and slander a couple of years ago. (Ciolli vs. Heide Iravani, Brittan Heller, MARK LEMLEY, KEKER & VAN NEST LLP, DAVID ROSEN, ROSEN & ASSOCIATES, P.C., ROSS CHANIN, REPUTATION DEFENDER, INC. and T14 TALENT

And here's a "H8 Reputation Defender" page, geared to exposing how Reputation Defender represented sleazy clients and/or scammed decent people--specifically, the cases of:

1) Nicole Catsouras family
    2) Ronnie Segev
    3) Salina Rahim
    4) Brittan Heller and Heide Iravani
    5) Sue Scheff

You might also want to check out this link:

"Wow. Reputation Defender is Sleazy"

• Ir
      23rd of Jan, 2010

You can review these companies on a site iReputationReviews.com also - I think that all reputation management companies are getting complaints from their own industry as in competition and that most of the complaints against reputation management companies are 100% FAKE. I am not with reputation hawk or reputation defender. I do know that reputation defender was on Dr. Phil and that reputation hawk is rank by a guy named chris and he has been in business a long time. I think that they can both help you if you have enough money to battle the google links. It does take a long time for results no matter who you use.

• Bo
      2nd of Mar, 2010

Yes one thing you must be certain is to stay away from them. I spent a billion U.S. and now when I call reputationhawk reputation hawk reputationhawk.com reputation hawk reputationhawk reputationhawk.com reputationhawk reputation hawk they say that they don't have my money. I say i want refund and they say that they gambled it away. This madening! Must be very careful dealing with the reputationhawk reputation hawk

• Bo
      8th of Mar, 2010

Yes I do agree to the statement of yours. When finding SEO company to handle reputation and links must be carefuly considering the company. You cannot hire reputationhawk reputation hawk reputationhawk.com reputation hawk reputationhawk reputationhawk.com reputationhawk reputation hawk reputationhawk reputation hawk reputationhawk.com reputation hawk reputationhawk reputationhawk.com reputationhawk reputation hawk reputationhawk reputation hawk reputationhawk.com reputation hawk reputationhawk reputationhawk.com reputationhawk reputation hawk And when hired the company does not help with the work of the SEO technique.

There is much to be learned there.

• Re
      10th of Aug, 2010

ireputationreviews can eat a dick. you're obviously spamming for failure scammer Michael Fertik's piece of crap company. thank gawd the truth is out there...