Reply.com / misrepresentation

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Beware of this company calling to offer referrals The "referrals" are going out to several others to the point that it comes into my email as "spam". Upon contacting the persons, I find out that they are upset because they have been receiving so many phone calls. Usually the phone numbers are not in service or there is no answer. The information provided are not actual referrals.
After sharing my frustrations with this company, I found that there are several of my associates who have had to call their credit card companies and threaten with law suits to get the charges removed or stopped by this company.
BEWARE

Li

Comments

• Ti
      5th of Apr, 2010

I am not a person who comes to this site, so after getting totally frustrated, I "googled" Reply.com, Reply Realty, etc., and this site came up along with postings of many frustrated persons who had dealings with this company. I added this post to the others.

I have an attorney that I keep on retainer but was embarassed that I had fallen into this trap so began to question how this had happened? I believe it was the implication that this was a Real Estate companyproviding REFERRALS, so I went to DRE and checked out to see if this was indeed a licensed R.E. company in Ca. which it is.

After sending numerous emails to please stop sending the "referrals/leads" and this met with no results, I finally knew that it was time to take this matter to my attorney. When I told Reply that this was my intent, I finally was contacted by one of the "managers" and told him that I felt the program had been misrepresented by the employee who told me that this was a "REFERRAL" from a Real Estate Company. I explained that I was futher frustrated when I sent email to customer service that the "Referral" I had received (as a seller wishing to sell their property) did not even own property, the response from customer service was "keep working this, sometimes it takes 10 months to convert". HELLO~ what part about this person not OWNING the property was missed?
    When I conveyed this to the manager who contacted me, he agreed that this should have never happened and agreed to remove all charges from my credit card which he did. He did ask that I remove the post from this site. I did agree that I would post that the charges have all been removed from my credit card.

Reply.com - Leads not exclusive
    MAHomeSales
    Boston
    Massachusetts

The issue goes even further than what I've been reading below: Since I was getting leads (1 valid out of 9, in retropect - some of which wanted to buy property for the price of a dog house), a colleague of mine signed up as well. Reply.com claims that you would 'own' a zip code exclusively, and leads will only be sent to you (if responded to in a timely manner). This is NOT the case! My colleague received several of the same names I was sent and one prospect told him that he was the 8th calling him regarding the request he'd made online.
    This, in my book, is blatent proof of fraudulent behavior and deceptive practices. I think a class action is indeed in order. However, I do not understand the text listed at http://www.stop-reply.com/ -- it smells like settlement to me...

• Ru

Hello MAHomeSales,

I'm glad we were able to connect on the phone today. At a high level, we do not make any claims of offering exclusive leads or territories through the Reply! Real Estate program. This was an issue with a salesperson overstepping their boundaries, and it will be addressed. Thank you for providing feedback, and allowing me to resolve the issue.

Regards,
    Rudd Lippincott
    925-983-3427
    rudd.[protected]@reply.com

8th of Dec, 2010

I just spoke to Rudd Lippincot; apparently, the leads from Reply are not exclusive; they can't be sent to up to three agents in a zip code. Either way, I was led to believe by the sales pitch that I would 'own' a zip code exclusively. Reply will refund all money ($409 total) charged. I am impressed with Reply's/Rudd's responsiveness to customer issues.
    - MAHomeSales

• Mk
      21st of Jul, 2011
    Reply.com - Stay away
    Reply.com

Real estate referral company

I want to warn everyone about a company that is suppose to send you real estate referral contacts...buyers or sellers. The web company is REPLY.COM I strongly urge anyone considering to throw their money away to just reach around and throw it out the window. You will feel much better than giving your money to REPLY.COM. They will give you nothing but greef.

• Ru
      25th of Jul, 2011

Dear "mkeller, "

I'm sorry to hear you've had a poor experience with Reply.com. We treat all complaints as a serious matter, but unfortunately, without knowing you who are, I'm unable to look at the history of your account. I would like to hear what happened and how we can make it right. Please contact me direct at 925-983-3427 or via email at rudd.[protected]@reply-corp.com, so I can provide a resolution.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Rudd Lippincott