Reply Real Estate / Fraud!

United States, Mississippi, Picayune Review updated:
Reply Real Estate
Stay away if this company contacts you! You can find quality prospects yourself for much less money! The leads they send are not quality leads at all. I have received 4 leads and can't contact 3 of them. Two of the "Buyer" leads stated they have "Fair" credit. Well "Fair" credit in todays market can not be considered a qualified lead! Their selling tactics are deceptive. When I got my confirmation e-mail was when all the facts became clear. I called them back within minutes of signing up and asked to cancel. Even after a very heated conversation with them, they refused to allow me to cancel immediatly. They told me I had to stay in the program for 30 days. When I called my credit card company and asked if I could block the charges from this fraudulent company, I was told no. I am still fighting this battle. Save yourself the aggravation, say NO! when they call you.

A  7th of Aug, 2009 by
I'm not sure if SCAM is the right word, but deceptive certainly applies. They say NO CONTRACTS and pay as you go, and you can cancel anytime. The truth is that when you cancel, or give "30 day notice" as required, they continue to send you leads AND bill you for the 30 day period. It seems to me if there is no contract, once you want out of the program, the relationship should end. If I was a Realtor who has luckily not been contacted by them yet, DO NOT SIGN UP when you get the call, and sooner or later you will get the call. It is so ironic that one of their Corporate Values under Integrity Guides All Our Actions is: We conduct all business with uncomprimising integrity. NOT! Another Value is that Our People are our Foundation: Reply! cultivates a fun, rewarding, and enjoyable experience for our customers, clients and employees. I would be interested to have people post their "fun, rewarding, and enjoyable experiences as thier customers. This would be a good way for Reply! to receive some positive feedback. Regards, Dean
A  20th of Aug, 2009 by
I was bill fro nearly $800.00 worth of just names and numbers. Some people I contacted did'nt even want to purchase or sell a house. "Scam" is not the right word to use with these people, they are thieves plain and simple! DO NOT REPLY TO REPLY REAL ESTSTE!!!

Rickey Higgs
D  5th of Jan, 2010 by
How is Reply Real Estate a scam when it is corporate partners with large real estate companies such as Keller Williams and Coldwell Banker? They have provided me with numerous solid leads. I have invested so far in excess of $2500 into my business with Reply Real Estate and I have made $29000 in commissions within 16 months of starting the program from their leads alone, which is only set at five a month. Their return policy is very clear, if the lead lacks a correct name, has an invalid phone number, is outside of your target territory, is a minor, or is another real estate agent (usually trying to test the product) you will be credited back to your account. Furthermore, when you sign into the online account manager for the first time you will be able to view and agree to the participation agreement which clearly states the policy on cancels and service pauses. If you wish to cancel with the program you must give a 30 day written notice and you WILL be charged for any leads given during that 30 day period unless the leads are invalid in which case you will receive a credit. And as for pauses to your account for vacations and such I believe I read there is a 7 day limit per month that you can use. And as for the number of invalid leads, Reply uses a company called TargusInfo to verify that all of the names and phone numbers are a match, as you might imagine some will fall through the cracks. Lead generation companies industry standard for sending out the same leads is four times, I did my research as all of you have before I signed up and I spoke to a good friend of mine who recently evaluated the company for an award it received and found that the number of times the average lead was sent out was 1.2 times (4 leads for every 5 agents). I believe most of the agents posting complaints on this board are struggling and were simply searching for a solution to be served to them upon a silver platter, however this is not the case, these leads as with any others must be nurtured into a close with much work and time. This is by far the most cost effective way to generate leads that I have ever had to use. Reply Real Estate has without a doubt helped me succeed during these trying times and I will continue to use them as I hope the rest of you will.
A  13th of Jan, 2010 by
There is a year long discussion on Trulia.com (see link ) 9 out of ten agents say Reply.com sucks. It is a worthless POS. A time waster. A rip-off. The tenth agent didn't vote up or down.

N  14th of Jan, 2010 by
If you see any positive comments on Reply Real Estate, I would strongly urge you to view them with complete distrust! Reply Real Estate themselves could be posting any positive comments you may trip across. I would not put it past them given their level of deceit when trying to market their phony leads! Do not sign up unless you have money to burn!
A  1st of Mar, 2010 by
When I signed up with Reply they told me that if I could not reach a lead or the lead wasn't good simply send the lead back. the sales rep and my case manager even walked me through the process. Now $400.00 dollars later and not one solid lead I am full of regret and should have listened to my fellow agents and husband. I asked them for my money back and I was told they would have to research the leads and would get back with me in 24 to 48 hours.This company is full of catches it's not as easy as they tell you it is. I am kicking myself in the rear. All the negetive post here are right, stay away from this company.
Word of mouth is the best source of advertisement and I will tell every agent I meet not to use this company.
A  30th of Mar, 2010 by
I would have to say I agree that it is a scam, not so much in the lack of quality leads as the attempt to overcharge my account. They had told me they could send 5-7 leads but would only send me a max of 2 buy leads and a max of 3 sell leads. I received 11 in the first 3 days and was credited with 3. I found out that they later charged me for 7 leads right away then waited 7 days and charged me for the 8th lead figuring that I would overlook the additional charge. Then today before the end of the month they send me 2 additional leads that were applied towards the month of march. I already cancelled earlier this month (my first month) due to the poor quality of leads and them overcharging me right from the start. They are going to try and send me a whole new set of leads starting the beginning of April also which they are going to try and charge me for also. Below is what the website says tell me if you think they should be able to charge me for more than 5 leads a month. Consider also that I have now recieved 10 leads and it is still a day away from the end of the month.
Max Monthly Buy Leads: 2
Max Monthly Sell Leads: 3
Estimated Lead Range: 5 - 7
A  26th of May, 2010 by
They do say no contract the truth is you are in a 30 day contract with no real control on turning off the billing. If they are ripping you off here is my advise. Call your credit card company and cancel the number. Your credit card company will be happy to send you a new number. Now you don't have to worry about them getting the money.
I just got a call from them saying that they are going to send me to collections for $400 and some dollars. I was with them for about a week. I authorized a 30 day contract with no more than 5 leads per month. I received 3 leads a day. I called and ended up rejecting almost every lead but they still charged me. The real problem is with the sales people. They say that you can get credit for bad leads but follow the contract because they are not being honest. I feel people don't need to twist the truth if they have a great product.

The first dollar that you give towards the program just turns on the automatic charge machine with a broken off switch. Anyway hope this helps somebody to AVOID REPLY REAL ESTATE and remember you are not exclusive to the leads even if theylead you to believe that you are.
N  1st of Jun, 2010 by
Hi Agent Drew,
I signed up right at about 5pm today and then thought better of it and called right back to cancel. I didn't get anyone to pick up of course and will be calling back tomorrow morning. I also emailed to cancel. I then called my bank and cancelled that card so that they could not charge me. Did they actually take you to collections?? I'm worried and would greatly appreciate feedback on what happened after you cancelled your account. Thanks so much!!!
A  2nd of Jun, 2010 by
Well you are either in the positions of having them try to collect the money or trying to get your money back. I will post it if they take me to collections. The only reason I posted was because they called me to collect the money.
A  3rd of Jun, 2010 by
Reply.com is probably one of the worst companies I have ever worked with, It did start quite well from the beginning when I did get a couple of decent leads but the flow leads didn't stop and seemed to be of worse and worse quality. I did cancel my credit card to get out of the mess I had gotten myself into but was then contacted a couple days later from the salesman Joshua just to check up on me to make sure the program was going well. I went to call Joshua back to pay the $160 something that I owed and I couldn't get in touch with him and I was told he was fired. Everything he told me was factual and all the information was backed by the website and emails sent to me by customer service but the company didn't uphold ANY of its promises. I The leads have not been scrubbed to make sure the numbers are good because it seemed every lead I called had to be replaced which was a real waste of my time. I was sent over my lead "caps" numerous times and the only thing customer service could say was I'm sorry we will credit your account next month. The last thing that really ticks me off is the fact that they are trying to fool agents like they fooled me into believing that a lead was credited to me by email but in reality it wasn't credited until the next month.

The moral of this story : Be wary of signing up with this company...and from what I was told by the salesmen I talked to yesterday I wouldn't recommend any employees that are doing their research on Reply.com to take a position with this company because you will end up like the salesman that I talked to or just out of a job when agents like myself smarten up and not fall for this crap.
D  9th of Sep, 2010 by
If agents are dumb enough and don't know how to work the leads, then yeah you can not do ANYTHING about it!!