Replacement Lens Express LLC / Extremely poor service

Jun 2, 2015
Replacement Lens Express LLC
Phone: 8602905291
On December 6, 2014, I submitted an order for Drivewear lenses in a standard frame. I received no acknowledgement from Replacement Lens Express for receipt of the order, but two days later, my credit card was charged the full amount, which was slightly more than $400.00. My order then apparently fell into a black hole. After waiting for a month and a half for a response, I emailed them several times, eventually getting a reply that stated that they didn't realize my card had been charged! I was then informed that they'd begin my order right away. At this point, I began getting occasional auto-replies, stating that the frames had arrived, the lenses were in process, etc., this sporadic activity went on until the end of April 2015. In frustration with the lack of progress, I filed a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau who had their local CT office contact the business.

As a result of the BBB query, I finally received an email from a human at the business who requested further information about the prescription for the lenses (almost six months after the original order was placed). I submitted the information, then received another string of auto-replies to the effect that my frames were being assembled, then that the lenses had not passed a quality control test and were being sent back to the lab, then the frames were being assembled and so on. Finally, in the last week of May, the completed frames and lens order arrived, to my surprise.

The order seems okay, it matches the prescription sent and appears to be the type of lens and frame that I ordered, but it took such a long time (six months!) for the order to be filled I can't really remember! Do not order anything from this business unless you are prepared to wait a very long time for your glasses.