replace your cell / incorrect merchandise

1 1605 - 55th StreetBrooklyn, United States Review updated:
Phone: none provided

This is a website to shop for used cell phones. The website instructs consumers to shop for products they have for sell by choosing you cell carrier, well I clicked on the option for all Cricket merchandise and I chose an Audiovox SMT 5600 / SPV C500 phone which they have listed thats compatible and gauranteed to work for my carrier. I recvd the phone and when i powered the phone on, it immediately read "missing or invalid simcard" so I then emailed customer service since they have no type of phone number for tech support or anything. The rep that emailed me back named Deena told me that its my fault that i chose the wrong phone for my carrier and i can return it minus a 20% restocking fee and at no point will my shipping fee i paid will ever be returned. I replied by directing her to their website and to click on compatible Cricket phones, and this company has listed the wrong phone for Cricket which is not my fault and I expect a full refund of $74.99 for the phone and 13.99 for the shipping. I have shipped this phone back with delivery confirmation recvd by them on 7/21/08 and today is 7/24/08 still no word on my full refund for this company's error. I have inserted their return form, a copy of the website with this phone as an option in error, and a copy of my paypal reciept. Its like this company did this on purpose just to keep my money and I have no one to help me.

Comments

• Ke
      5th of Aug, 2008

A similar thing has happened to me. I purchased a Samsung Blackjack i607 on July 16, 2008 knowing that I was going to receive a "like new" Blackjack. When I received the phone it would turn on however it would not charge in my car, on my computer or using the wall adapter.

I did the samething, followed their strict return rules, e-mailed them, waited three days, Deena responded with a form to fill out. They then sent me a new battery and charger which still did not fix the problem. I e-mailed them again and waited 2 days. Deena sent me another form to fill out and then I mailed back the phone.

After a week of no response, which they told me they would once they received the phone, a package arrived at my door. Jokingly I said, I bet they sent me the same phone and sure enough, THEY DID! It had the same microfiber stuck behind the screen that I had noticed on the first phone and although they gave me a wall adapter, the phone still did not charge and worse, this one didn't even turn on.

STAY AWAY FROM REPLACEYOURCELL.COM!

• Cu
      30th of Oct, 2008

Once again, I am the rep mentioned in the article.

This customer claimed that the phone she selected was listed under another carrier, but when investigated, it was not the case. We looked into the matter, and she had no definitive proof of her claim.

Furthermore, it clearly states in the title of every phone we sell the carrier it is for, so on the off chance that we might post a phone under the wrong carrier, that is a major red flag.

In a situation like this, a return would be considered a non-defective return and charged a 20% restocking fee.

This customer was unhappy with this option and was so belligerent that we gave her a refund minus shipping in lieu of following our return policy, just to placate her.

Her refund was processed in a timely manner (within one business day of receipt). When refunded via PayPal (depending on how you paid through them) it could take a few business days to clear back into a customer's account (especially if they pay via eCheck) and that is on PayPal's end, not ours.

At the end of the day, this customer was taken care of and even emailed us to thank us a few days after the refund went through.