Repairtech / Warranties / Failure to honor warranty

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

When I purchased a Samsung 61" TV, I was "encouraged" to buy a Repairtech extended warranty for the lamp. Repairtech was happy to take my $250, but now that the lamp has burned out and I need a replacement, they are in hiding.

I have called numerous times for the last four weeks and have yet to reach a live person. I have left at least six messages and calls are never returned. They don't respond to email either. Today I got a recording saying they have dropped the toll free number and giving me a new number. I got a recording on that one, also.

What good is a warranty if you can't reach anyone to honor it? Why do so many reputable companies continue to sell Repairtech warranties? They must pay big commissions to the sales people. You can afford to do that if you never actually honor any of the warranties you sell!!!

Comments

• Wa
      5th of Jan, 2009

Joseph Saieda is the President of RepairTech. jsaieda@repairtechinc.com (201)436-6000

They are based out of NJ so, if you don't get resolution, find your states Consumer affairs office and file a complaint and file one in NJ. Their program is insured by AmTrust so you can track them down as well at www.amtrustgroup.com

• Ke
      15th of Jan, 2009

I've had a similar problem with these scammers. They opened a new company with no affiliations to run from honoring their old claims . Notice how all the content is simlar to their other scam sites. I think the only thing we can do is expose these scammer for who they are.

The list of scammer sites

www.repairtechinc.com