Repairtech / Won't honor extended warranty

1 485 US Hwy 1 South, Iselin, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-814-8324

In June of this year my DLP TV developed a problem with a mirror stuck in the "on" position. This condition is covered under the manufacturer's original one-year warranty, but since I was beyond that time I filed a repair claim with RepairTech. The Platinum Protection Service Plan I purchased from them at the time I bought the TV states that items covered under the manufacturer's original would be covered under this extended warranty. Initially, RepairTech refused to honor the warranty and after many contacts and the involvement of my state's Attorney General's office, RepairTech authorized the repair. On the day the repair was scheduled, the repair center was notified to suspend all repair work for RepairTech. After contacting RepairTech they agreed to take care of the problem, which they didn't. After many more contacts with them, their "executive office" said they would replace the TV, which they didn't. It has now been 5 months since I first contacted RepairTech and now they screen my calls and with not communicate with me either by phone nor e-mail. I have also filed a complaint with the New Jersey Attorney General's office and am waiting to hear from them. My hope is that they can get RepairTech to honor their warranty or shut their business down.

Comments

• Ro
      25th of Nov, 2008

26th of Nov, 2008

This company absolutely sucks! I been trying for a month to get a warranty replacement on a Sharp LCD TV that I purchased with a 3 yr. RepairTech warranty. I had to pay Sears over $100 to come out and estimate the repair costs for the TV. It was over $2900! This put me into the "high risk" group at Repair Tech. Now, I can't get to speak with a real person. No one will call me back. I'm getting excuses every time I call. Stay away. These guys are total frauds!

10th of Dec, 2008

I Bought a 3 year "platinum" service protection plan from repairtech for my TV which started to develop a problem with the screen. I called repair tech at 8:00 AM as they claimed to be open 24/7. Got a message to call back during their normal business hours from 9 to 5 est. Called back at 9:30 and then 10:00 and still got the same message. I knew at that point that this company was going to be difficult to deal with. At 11:00 there was no message but got a bussy signal! Finally at 11:30 someone did answer but imediately put me on hold. After waiting for 12 minutes the person took my information and phone number and said that someone would get back to me within 72 hours. I reluctantly agreed and hung up. Its now been over a week and I havn't been contacted. I tried to contact them again and get a recording to leave my information and someone will return your call as soon as possible. After reading all the complaints on-line it hardly seems worth the agrevation of dealing with this fly-by-night organization of crooks.

• Gr
      11th of Dec, 2008

Oh my God !!! The company is a fraud. Im trying to get my warranty replacement on a bulb for a panasonic projector and they had took my information about 8 times and no one calls me back they keep telling me, the same thing, We will call you !!! yes right.., they never call. I had talk to almost all the costumer service agents, they are well aware of what they are doing "A FRAUD "SCAM. You have to call 50 time before you reach them ...I call the General Manager Mr. Morty and no answer either, so if anyone is doing any claim with a goverment agency please let me know, probably we could write to the news or to Oprah or one of those TV programs that could tell the people to be aware of them ... Well, after reading all the complaints from this site and from other complaint site, I guess everyone is in the same sad situation... [protected]@yahoo.com

19th of Dec, 2008

I purchased a 5 year warranty on Samsung DLP TV from this company. I have been trying to contact them for weeks to replace bulb. They are not answering their customer service line and not returning calls.

• Jk
      2nd of Jan, 2009

I am right with all of you stuck in the sinking boat of Repair Tech Inc. I had the platinum service for a JVC Everio video camera, purchased in Dec. 07. I sent the claim in on Oct. 20th of 08' and they had me send the camera to Precision Camera in CT. they have had the camera since Oct. 23rd and the camera has yet to be fixed and Repair Tech has used the exact methods as mentioned in other posts. No response, no answer, no idea, no professionalism. Now Precision Camera is telling me I need to pay them $225.00 to have the camera fixed, or they can hold on to it for me until they can get in touch with Repair Tech, or I can pay $20 to have them ship it back to me unfixed. This has been a very frustrating game of cat and mouse. If anyone has any info on how to get money back from this fraudulent purchase or what steps I can take to get my camera back fixed without paying that would be very helpful. Also, is anyone taking steps to sue this company for their fraudulent behavior? [protected]@gmail.com

• Ca
      6th of Jan, 2009
    Repairtech - Do not answer phone

As of today they do not answer the toll phone number either. I paid $50 for my 3 year warranty on my GPS. Now I cannot get these guys on the phone.

• Ca
      6th of Jan, 2009

Go to this site to submit the claim:
    (Courtesy of Butterfly Photo)

Also, a working email is [protected]@repairclaim.com

15th of Jan, 2009

I've had a similar problem with these scammers. They opened a new company with no affiliations to run from honoring their old claims . Notice how all the content is simlar to their other scam sites. I think the only thing we can do is expose these scammer for who they are.

The list of scammer sites

www.repairtechinc.com
    www.globalwarrantysolutions.com
    www.repairclaim.com
    www.nothingbutservice.com

18th of Jan, 2009

Same thing happened to me. They are screwing around with all of our money. I want to know about any lawsuits against them.

• Pa
      20th of Jan, 2009
    Repairtech - none responsive
    Repairtech
    Florida

Vendor is apparently out of business. Claims phone# is a recording redirecting you to a different #. Then no answer or busy signal. Big time scam to avoid providing warrantee service with an optional policy. This company stalled me off a few months ago and tried to get me to contact the manufacturer of my GPS first. Looks like they got away with it.

• Ha
      21st of Jan, 2009

They are still in business. Just keep on them!! Try the following to attempt to get your claim paid before they go bankrupt!!

Buyers BEWARE!!! RepairTech is an awful company and you should not do business with them. Time to put these guys out of business and have them stop stealing peoples money. I hope some lawyer takes their time to hit them with a class action lawsuit.

Here is some contact information I've found on other websites for the a##holes at this company. Maybe you can get through to them.

RepairTech Inc
    Phone: 877-814-8324 (Previously Published, but no longer working)
    Fax: 888-815-8324 (Previously Published, but no longer working)
    Phone: 908-372-0767
    Phone: 201-436-6000
    Fax: 201-436-1112

485 Route 1 South Bld C Suite 205
    Iselin, New Jersey, 08830

King of the Thieves - Joseph Saieda
    Joseph Saieda aka Joe Saieda - [protected]@gmail.com or [protected]@repairtechinc.com (I read this goes the this idiots BlackBerry) (917) 577-9086 - Exec VP

Iman Mounesa - Manager/Supervisor
    [protected]@reapirtechinc.com or [protected]@repairclaim.com
    Barbara - Claims Person - [protected]@repairclaim.com
    [protected]@repairclaim.com

Check out recent complaints against RepairTech.

Their BBB Certification was REVOKED!! TOO MANY COMPLAINTS UNRESOLVED!!!

If you need a warranty, you'd better stick with the safe bet http://www.warrantech.com or http://www.repairmaster.com

• Ju
      22nd of Jan, 2009

I have been waiting to receive a check approx $900.00 that repair tech said they would send me by Thanksgiving 2008 - my Phillips 50" plasma broke down right before the world series in Oct 2008 - today is January 22nd - I cannot get through on the phone to these crooks!! Does anyone have any success stories and can anyone give me any advice? Thanks, Judy cm, nj

23rd of Jan, 2009
    Repairtech - Not answering calls
    RepairTech
    Phone: 877-418-8324
    repairtechinc.com

RepairTech is not answering their calls. I purchased a warranty on a Samsung bulb, it went out and I need the replacement.
    Class action suit... anyone?

29th of Jan, 2009

Same problem here on my 46" samsung LCD. Repair tech will not answer calls oe emails. I am up for anu legal action with any other victims. Repairtech's website is active and such a sham and lie. They are still in business and stealing from more good people.
    Jim

Repairtech - wont honor warranty/fraud
    aftermarket extended warranty
    Florida
    repairtechinc.com

Repairtech will not answer phone or emails to set up a repair for my samsung LCD. I paid 350.00 for 5 yr in house ext warranty and for two weeks unable to contact Repairtech. The hundreds of complaints confirm my fears. But, teh company is still advertizing on the web and scamming more people. I am up fro legal action with anyone else.
    Jim Machado

• Dr
      29th of Jan, 2009

I’m with you. I purchased a 3-year warranty on an Epson bulb. It went out about 7 months ago a year into the warranty. Repairtech told me to buy my own and they'll reimburse me. I never got my reimbursement. I tried calling today but get a busy signal.

• Re
      30th of Jan, 2009

I have been waiting for Repairtech to answer my claim for 3+ weeks now. I purchased the Platinum 3 year extended warranty on my 52" LCD TV in Nov of 2006. Once a week I get an email that says they are trying to locate a technician in my area. I have attempted to contact Repairtech through EVERY email I can find and every phone number listed... to no avail. I am so disgusted with this company right now and CANNOT believe that they are still able to sell warranties... "ABES of MAINE" and "AMAZON" are still selling their policies... there HAS to be something we can do.

I am interested in ANY legal action...

Kathy

• Je
      2nd of Feb, 2009

I have a similar experience with Repairtech. If anyone else is taking legal action, please contact me as well: jenna.[protected]@gmail.com

• Ga
      4th of Feb, 2009

Everyone needs to contact the Better Business Bureaus. I had the same problem and i Had to pay for my camera to get it back. so If anyone is going to take legal action please let me know.

• Ed
      9th of Feb, 2009

I have a TV that had a dead pixel line on it. I called repair tech and they sent someone. The gentlemen that came over told us that he would send the parts by mail and he would contact us within a week. months passed and there was nothing. I called and there was always a problem with the computers are down. or now the phone line is not working. I payed my money to this company and it did not do what it was soppose to do. i would also like to know if anyone will be taking legal action let me know [protected]@yahoo.com

12th of Feb, 2009

same here i purchased a lcd tv and rthey told me to go get it reapaired and that they will honor the warentee. i was then told it cost to much and they will send me a replacement or a check for a creazy amount and i am still waiting (its been about 7 months)

• Je
      12th of Feb, 2009

Repair tech is absoutly useless. I have a three year platinum warrenty for my digital camera and i cannot get hold of them at all. The phone number listed for them is disconnected and they will not return my email. These people are a fraud!

• Hu
      17th of Feb, 2009

Maybe someone in the area where they are located could contact the local TV station to do a investigation report.

18th of Feb, 2009

Our Sony Bravia Model # KDL 46S2010 would come on and then go off with a blinking light as evidence something was wrong with it. We had a 3 year extended warranty, so we contacted Repair Tech. The television on Nov. 15 when it broke was not even 2 years old. Repair Tech did several things: *put us on hold and disconnected us, told us that all lines were busy to call back, told us to leave a message but not recorder came on... Finally we got through and filed a claim. We were told that a repair technician would contact us within 5 days. No one called. We went through the same procedure above* and finally spoke to someone who told us the problem was a bulb which was not covered and that we could repair it ourselves for less than $100. After several inquiries in other places, we were told that there is no bulb and that the 4 blinks code indicates that the backlight inverter board is bad or one of the backlights in the LCD panel has failed. To share what we had learned, we went through the above procedure * again and were told that we should get an estimate from a repair technician and send it to them for consideration. We then called the place where we bought the television who said he would check on our problem. A few days later, the place where we bought the television emailed us to tell us that Repair Tech had filed for bankruptcy. Today is February 18, over 3 months since the tv went down. It is still in our home and useless. Now what?

• Ni
      23rd of Feb, 2009

Can anyone even contact this company now?

I reported them to the BBB because I could not contact anyone there withe the 800 number or access the website. I get a blank page when I try to access the website. (Does anyone else get the same thing or is there something wrong with my computer?)

Can someone please let me know what else I should do or if they are taking legal action! Thank you [protected]@yahooDOTcom.

Everyone MUST call FTC: 1-877-382-4357, register complaint..they will pursue and do class action suit if enuff complaints. Call and REGISTER complaint with New Jersey OCP 1-973-504-6200(Atty General Office).

27th of Feb, 2009

thanks for the info on filing a complaint. i have the same problem as everyone who wrote in about not being able to reach them, and now disconnected numbers. have tried for 9 weeks by phone and internet to file a claim on my cannon camera that has a 5 year extended warrenty with repair tech. i'll file the complaint, but any new class action suit info against them info would be appreciated: [protected]@bellsouth.net

• Ve
      27th of Feb, 2009

I bought a five year warranty on my cannon eos and was going for my yearly cleaning. Unfortunately the store I was told last year was in my area to clean my product never even heard of them. after doing some research I dont find a website and the numbers dont work. I would love for a lawsuite to be brought up. oh yeah and the company I bought the warranty from ( J & K Cameras- NEW YORK) no longer exists either. talk about FRAUD.

• Aw

I too have the same problem, spent 250$
    Repairtech is out of business
    we are all doomed

1st of Mar, 2009
    Repairtech - not honoring warranty sold to me
    Repaitech Inc
    New Jersey

Bought a warranty for my Dlp Television from them. Can not get a hold of them. From looking up this company they are doing this to everyone.

2nd of Mar, 2009

I also purchased a very expensive extended warantee from Butterfly Photo on line and Repairtech holds the warantee. I have been trying to have my Sony camcorder repaired for about 8 months now and neither Buterfly Photo or Repairtech seems to care about my problems. Repairtech has taken my information about 3 times but will not respond to me or repair my camcorder. I am also unable to get ahold of repairtech. I would be in for a lawsuit against Butterfly Photo and Repairtech...SAT

• Ti
      4th of Mar, 2009
    Repairtech - Extended Warranty scam
    RepairTech
    repairtechinc.com

I purchased an extended warranty for an digital video camera from RepairTech Inc. through US1Camera.com. US1Camera is out of business and RepairTechInc.com is unreachable to honor the purchased warranty. They are not responding to e-mails or phone calls and their website is defunct.

• Do
      5th of Mar, 2009

I agree - this is a business that needs to be prosecuted. But on the brighterside -
    I just contacted the company that I purchased my camera and warranty from and they directed me to this website. Hope it helps everyone!!!
    www.warrantyresolutioncenter.com

5th of Mar, 2009

You are absolutely correct about them. They are crooks. I have contacted NJ Attorney Generals Office and filed a complaint for internet fraud across state lines also. Please send a written complaint to the Fraud Investigator Mr Ronald Regan, Office of Consumer Protection, 124 Halsey Street, 7th Floor, Newark, NJ 07102.

Maybe there is power in numbers!! Everyone complain to him!!!

S Lighton

• Mo
      10th of Mar, 2009

We have Lumix camera bought through Butterfly photo. Camera broke, and Butterfly Photo employee claimed they are not the original Butterfly Photo anymore! Extended warranty with Repairtech is a joke. Called, and called, and called, every time waited over 40 minutes, faxed information as instructed, totally useless. Called again this morning, even 888 number does not work anymore.

THIS IS FRAUD. Someone should sue!

• Ph
      13th of Mar, 2009

The BBB has Joe Saieda as the listed owner of the business. Back in November 08 I spoke with the original vendor of my Canon camera. He, too, indicated his customers & them were having problems with Repair Tech. At that time the vendor gave me Joe "Mizrahi"'s cell phone number, 917-577-9086. I called that number in November 08 & spoke to a "Joe", he gave me info regarding having my camera fixed. Well, to date, all numbers are disconnected, checked with BBB & they too are looking for him...and so am I :)

I will file all necessary complaints including the DA. Nowadays $300+ is a lot to be out of...

• Ph
      13th of Mar, 2009

Okay I have more information which I pass to the BBB & FCC and I'm calling the NJDA's office too...

Global Warranty Solutions, Inc.
    485 Route 1 South
    Building C
    Iselin, NJ 08830

Global Warranty Solutions, Inc.

Phone: 732-781-1836
    Fax: 732-510-6063

Repairtechwarrantygroup.com

Email: [protected]@repairtechwarranty.com

22nd of Mar, 2009

Hey Everyone,

Some Information on what I have done:

Obviously like everyone else I was never notifed when this company dissapeared or went under or whatever happened to them. My plasma was bought from plasmabay.com but my card showed it from Butterflyphote.com. Butterfly claims they are owned by a new company who has no records from before august of 2008 which is after i bought my warranty. Repairtech, plasmabay and buttterflyphoto are all located near each other in New Jersey coincidence?

So after filing complaints with BBB and FCC I went to my visa company wells fargo. Told them the story and that my service is not being provided as agreed in my receipt. They refunded me my money for the purchase even though it was a year ago and they are disputing the money with the bank that was backing butterfly/plasmabay/repairtech. I know this doesnt help peopel who can't buy extended warranties because its too late but at leasty you get something back. Hope it helps.

Jason Milner

22nd of Mar, 2009

They are a scam my friend, they dissapeared no fwd addresses or numbers. Call you bank and tell them to file a dispute. You payed for a service which has not been provided, they should dispute the claim with what ever bank was backing repairtech. Also call the FCC and BBB, there are several companies in New jersey that are related to repairtech and its a round robin scam. I learned the hardway.

Jason

• Co
      23rd of Mar, 2009

Yea, same thing has happened to me, i called about 5 months ago, they said my warranty wouldnt start until Feb so they told me to call back. I spent 500.00 on warranty for my Nikon Camera. I've been trying to contact them phone/email for the last 2 months.