RepairTech, Inc. / RepairTech is a Scam!!!

1 CA, United States Review updated:

RepairTech, Inc. is a total Scam!!! Do not trust this company an do not purchase any warranty or services through RepairTech!

I was not beed able to reach RepairTech in most of the January '09 month (from ~1/15 January '09 to 2/8) via Email and phone. I cheked RepairTech Website, but its phone was delisted. I Emailed RepairTech and my Email bounced bach. therefore, both phone and Email to RepairTech was not possible. RepairTech delisted its phone number on its webpage. I Emaied RepairTech, and my Email bounced back as a not valid Email address.

I sent my camera to RepairTech for a cleaning (in December 2008), and I checked with Me. Rebecca (who works at RepairTech Customer Service), on 1/12, and she informed me that my camera was received and that it would be sent back to me after it's cleaned (in about 10 days, by January 2009).

In reality I was misinformed by Ms Rebecca. The US Postal Office just sent back my camera after about one month after I shipped it to RepairTech. The US Post Office informed me that it attempted to deliver the camera, but it was never able to do so because there was never anyone at RepairTech's address address to receive it. RepaiTech, Inc. uses an address in Iselin, NJ (a given adress by a RepairTech customer service agent and it's the same address as listed on its website). The US Post Office left RepairTech two notices, on two different occasions, to up my camera from its local Post Office, but no one from RepairTech ever picked up my camera.

What kind of business is RepairTech running? Is it a legitimate business? I went on to the website and did research, I discovered that there are consumers' complaints against RepairTech.

I recommend all readers of this Email to file an post your complaints against RepairTech if you have one so that other people can know what terrible services RepairTech provides. Again, do not purchse any RepairTech, Inc. waranty or services, because you may never get to use it, as it happened to me!!

Dq

Comments

• Hu
      18th of Feb, 2009

I am unable to pull-up the website, www.repairtechinc.com after registering my warranty info and I cannot find their snail address or company phone number.

15th of Jun, 2010

ABE'S OF MAINE.com sold me this useless RepairTech warranty in 2007. Today, I went to use it, and that's when I found it is USELESS. When you dial the number on the contract, I am forwarded to my local cable TV company -- and all I want repaired is my dishwasher! ABE'S OF MAINE won't lift a finger to help. Was on phone with ABE'S for 15 minutes while they mustered up the kahunas to tell me what everyone else already knew!!! And, for my $700 dishwasher, they'd like to encourage me to just buy a new one!!! Outrage. Will never do business with ABESOFMAINE.com again.

• Hm
      5th of Jul, 2010
    RepairTech, Inc. - Warranty Fraud
    86th Street Photo & Video
    New Jersey
    Phone: 800-815-1466

86th Street Photo & Video sold us a $650 camera package to include a 5-year protection/replacement insurance plan. When trying to register the product the web site was inactive and the phone number was out of order. We now have a camera that needs service and 86th Street Photo & Video's number is out of service, as well. BUYER BEWARE - A warranty does you no good if the company is out of business.

• Ro
      26th of Jan, 2011

Same with a sony a200dslr. Some BS about if warranty number started with a 4 there could be something done but mine starts w/ 1. I beleive Abe's and others were in cahoots w/ this SCAM!! I am looking for an atty. to file a class action suit. BTW the invoice didn't itemize the cost of the camera and cost of warranty; just a "package price" They told me warranty was about $20 - more BS.