Repair Tech Inc. / Not complying with warranty

1 Bayonne, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888 814-8324

I purchased a 3 year platinum warranty January 24, 2006 valued at $599.99. My TV started having problems on November 12, 2008. I was successful on getting a claim number and speak to the TV department for repairs. After the conversation with Michelle, I have not able to reach a live person. So, started to e-mail/fax on what the status was on a repair tech to diagnose the TV. Two days after, the phone was busy and could not get through to anyone. I then went on the website and the only way to contact them was [protected]@repairclaim.com. I finally received a response with an e-mail on January 6th, 2009 indicating the location had a fire and I would have to file another claim online (repairclaim.com). I filled another claim on January 7th, 2009. The automated response indicated, I will get a phone call within three to five business days. I waited ten days and then I called them to find out what the status was on my claim. The receptionist told me I had to wait because they are behind on repair claims. Ok fine! After two weeks I tried to call them again @ [protected]. This time I didn't even get a ring tone. It totally disconnects you! Before writing this complaint, I tried sending an e-mail to [protected]@repairclaim.com and the mail delivery indicated "this is an automatically generated delivery status notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed ([protected]@repairtechinc.com)". There repairclaim.com in non-existent either. I'm still without a TV and still waiting for a phone call. This company is a total scam and they have no intention on fixing your TV or any other product.

Comments

• Be
      2nd of Mar, 2009

Rosanna, I completely concur with your comment. I am in the same position, only much worse financially as my TV cost me around $3K. I have contacted the New jersey DA's office and will try to file a claim with them. The company is a total scam and I am disgusted that they can continue to be in business defrauding and ripping off multiple other consumers with bogus warranty contracts. I will try to file my claim also against the company that sold me the warranty. Will let you know what happens

bernd

Iselin
    New Jersey
    Phone: 1-888-814-TECH
    myrepairtech.com

I just wrote a complaint about Repair Tech Inc.and filled it out wrong this is the correct info on this company.I purchased the extended plan from Butterfly Photo and can't get any more info on Repair Tech.

• We
      28th of May, 2014

I got a 5 year warranty the # and the website is gone.