Rent.comStole deopsit

I sent rent.com $850 as a deposit on an apartment in Fenway. They told me once payment was received I would be able to look at the apartment and then the contract would be sent and I could finalize the details. After sending the $850 they told me I needed to send the next 5 months rent upfront or the contract was void! Ironically I had yet to see the contract nor the property so I had no intention to send more money upfront. I asked for my money back and have never heard from them again! What a scam!! Never use them!!

Comments

•   May 13, 2009

We are very sorry to hear that this happened to you! Was the property one that you had already seen online at Rent.com and visited in-person?

In the future, if you have any suspicions about a property or if something does not "feel" right to you, check our online "Security Center" page first (http://www.rent.com/company/security/ - for a list of known Rent.com scams) or contact our renter support team for assistance [protected] or via email at [protected]@rent.com).

Please feel free to drop us a line!

• Gi
      Jun 29, 2009

You got scammed. It was not rent.com but someone pretending to be from rent.com