RentalStoreUsa / Apartments hunters!

1 251 Park StUnited States Review updated:
Phone: 908-973-509-0057

My boyfriend and I have been frantically searching for an affordable apartment in our area. I noticed a website called RentalSoreUsa.com which had 7 extremely reasonably priced apartments listen in our area. This is the same business that I had seen several listing on Craigslist advertising these available apartments. Now of course you can only get the listing info if you are a member. My boyfriend and I discussed and decided to just pay the $100 cause we where in desperate need of an apartment. I paid the $100 (after calling and asking numerous questions) signed up went online and started calling the listed contacts for the 7 apartments listed.

Out of the seven listed, two where listed twice and both where no longer available. This left me with three apartments. One had a disconnected phone number listed. The other was no longer available and I'm still waiting for the third to call me back. (going on a week now) I started to feel as though I may have been ripped off.

I then sent an email to the company complaining about my findings and asked them if I had been conned. The owner called me that evening and assured me it was not and that he would make it a point to find me an apartment. The next day RentalStore called me to tell me they made an appointment for me to see an apartment. Not only did they give me the wrong address and phone number but the address they gave me didnt even exist (we drove around and eventually found the apartment) Not only that but the landlord had never even heard of the RentalStoreUsa she said they just called her out of the blue the day before and told them a client wanted to see the apartment. By the time we called the landlord back the apartment was already taken.

I called the RentalStoreUsa that Saturday afternoon and let them be aware of this and that I will still be searching for an apartment. I haven't heard from them since. Also the not available apartments are still advertised on the website. I signed a contract stating no refunds and I don't know what to do.

Va

Comments

15th of Jan, 2008

This Person is wacked, Ive used these guys 3 times in 5 years and they did great by me.

Jason.......Can you say WHITE TRASH

• Me
      15th of Jan, 2008

Not even close to being white trash. Who moves 3 times in 5 years?

16th of Jan, 2008

BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER.

GoodBusinessBureau.com
    "We investigate and only list reputable companies with GOOD business practices"

[redacted] Founder Ed Magedson Internet Extortionist
    If you would like to know if the company that you are looking for is reputable
    Click Here To Do A Free Search

Updated January 03, 2008

PUBLIC WARNING: Ed Magedson of [redacted].com is a WANTED criminal that extorts individuals that have posted on [redacted].com and legitimate companies for money and he may be operating one of the biggest criminal enterprises ever created on the Internet and it is being perpetrated by a group of criminals with a track record of fraudulent activity. For more ground breaking information on how he operates his fraudulent scheme, please visit The Bureau of Ethical Internet Commerce, www.ezripofflawsuit.com and www.bad-business-rip-off.com

The public is being warned NOT to post anything on [redacted].com or BadBusinessBureau.com. Ed Magedson, founder of [redacted].com is a convicted criminal. DO NOT take part in his fraudulent activities. It is against the law for ANYONE to use and promote ANY company without the company's written permission. [redacted].com does not tell you that postings can't be deleted and YOU CAN BE SUED for doing it!!! Click here to view Ed Magedson's police photo
    Click here to view a WSVN Fox Television Report exposing Ed Magedson and the [redacted]

[redacted].com has received defamatory material and fake complaints and published such slander on their site, without checking of the legitimacy of such complaints. Ed Magedson is also known for adding fake complaints on his website at /link removed/ & badbusinessbureau.com. He clearly likes to show his ways of editorial control and fraudulent activities. Consumers should not judge any company based on postings at [redacted].com because they are not checked for legitimacy & accuracy.

One company said in a statement last August that it sued Ed Magedson of [redacted].com and obtained a $10 million default judgment against him. Ed Magedson, however, has yet to pay them any money.(see news report click here)

The public is being warned NOT to post anything on [redacted].com or BadBusinessBureau.com. It is against the law for ANYONE to use and promote ANY company. [redacted].com does not tell you that postings can't be deleted and YOU CAN BE SUED for doing it!!!

There is a BIG financial reward for information being offered on the whereabouts of Ed Magedson of /link removed/ So far, he has been impossible to trace. According to information obtained from the Florida Department of Corrections, Edward Magedson, FDC offender #865906 and founder of /link removed/ & badbusinessbureau.com has been listed as a FUGITIVE. (see doc, click here)

As per detectives hired, the following information was obtained...

- ED MAGEDSON DRIVES A 1986 PONTIAC.
    - ED MAGEDSON’S DRIVER’S LICENSE IS NOT VALID.
    - ED MAGEDSON DOES NOT HAVE ANY UTILITIES UNDER HIS NAME.
    - ED MAGEDSON HAS NO RESIDENCE UNDER HIS NAME.
    - ED MAGEDSON HAS A FEW LAWSUITS OUT OF FLORIDA AND DIFFERENT STATES IN THE US.
    - ED MAGEDSON HAS A FEW UNSATISFIED JUDGEMENTS AGAINST HIM.
    - ED MAGEDSON IS IN HIDING!

Ed Magedson was previously arrested on the following charges...

- Marijuana possession & paraphernalia, (see doc, click here)
    - Check fraud (see doc, click here )
    - Assault & Battery (see doc, click here)
    - Default Judgment $30,041.21, (see doc, click here)

16th of Jan, 2008

In your first Post ( By the time we called the landlord back the apartment was already taken)

In your second Post That same afternoon (a few hours after we looked at the apartment 1/5/08

Heres my question?? are you lying in the first post or the second?

Why would a landlady show you a Apartment thats already rented?

And regarding Professional

Is this Professiona or even Adult... Its Down right infantile!!!

One More Question... Why didnt you call me to resolve this??

I know the answer... its a set up!!!

• Pa
      18th of Jan, 2008

Well I have used Rentalstoreusa as well as my family members for the past 6 years. They found my apartment twice and as for my relatives once except for my aunt. Hey, you can't help everyone, but eveyone yet again can't help themselves. Somtimes, it is worth the risk because you never know what is on the other side. I have given them an abundance of my friends. That doesn' t mean that they helped each and every one of them. Business is Business and common human errors are made. I work in Customer Service myself for 9 years now and I can say that I have not called everyone back that I have delt with as I mentioned I would. People are only human and do make mistakes.

25th of Jan, 2008
    RentalStoreUsa - testimonial
    RentalStoreUSA
    New Jersey

I would like to thank RentalStoreUSA, very much for providing outstanding service to myself and my girlfriend. Dolores worked diligently with us in the apartment finding process. She helped us find a great apartment in a great location.

I am currently working with T & R Alarms Systems, Inc., and when you are in the security business, you tend to notice areas that could use some security assistant. While at your office I had mentioned to Doloes that I had noticed that the few times I had stopped by your office, the front door was left wide open. She had expressed some concern about that. What I am going at here is that an intercom system with a door strike would serve to your benefit, preventing the wrong people from getting in. The system consists of communication units that would be beneficial if one was placed in Dolores' office, one in your or in someone else's who frequently lets clients in the office. I have included some data sheets for your better understanding on the products.

I would like to thank you again for your services and upon your consideration of an intercom system. I will give you a great price!

Bryce Logan, Gemma Halim

27th of Jan, 2008

To Whom It May Concern:

After weeks of unsuccessful apartment hunting my wife and me had contacted Rentalstoreusa.com through an ad in the Star Ledger. My initial contact with Dolores had already shown that I was dealing with a knowledgeable and experienced professional that would be able to assist in our endeavor.

I would like you to know that within a few days, Dolores was able to exceed our needs and expectations, as it seemed, effortlessly. We now have the apartment that we need and will in future directly recommend Dolores at RentalStoreUSA, to friends and co-workers. Please take my efforts to express my sincere satisfaction as I rarely find it necessary to do so. Understanding the importance of Customer Service and professionalism. Dolores is a definite asset to your firm.

Sincerely,

Christopher Baily

20th of Apr, 2008

Hello, My name is John P. I'm a RE in Montclair . But My Company sells Commercial. I was in dire need of an Apartment. I signed up with Rentalstoreusa with low expectations. But what a surprise. I'd like to tell you that this company was very impressive and now i Have a great apartment and great landlord in my price range. I would gladly recommend them if you are looking for montclair apartments...

• Da
      13th of May, 2008
    RentalStoreUsa - FALSE INFORMATION
    RentalStoreUsa
    New Jersey

False information all the time for a $150.00 fee you think they would be up to date they aren't and most of the listing are tken the prior month how is that possible, they are taking people's money but not providing the service, if you look at it my way they are steeling from the public?

31st of May, 2008

They did right by me and my account is still active and I checked out the dates on the apartments and not one is over 20 days old. Looks like your putting false information out .

• Ro
      16th of Jun, 2008

RentalStoreUSA.com is a scam. Check their listings. Why are all the apartments below the market rates compared to other apartments in the area? This is because they don't exist. It is the traditional bait-and-switch scam. Honestly, take everything you read on this page with a grain of salt. I would think a lot of these positive reviews are definitely PR spin by the company. Look elsewhere including Craigslist or by walking around your preferred town and looking for "For Rent" signs.

26th of Aug, 2008

Complete garbage! Stay away!

1) They list properties taken from craigslist, unbeknownst and without permission of the landlord.

2) Dont provide addresses to narrow your search on at least half of the listings

3) Not one picture available of any listing

4) Horrible callback service.

5) Amateur web site design

I could go on and on

$150 DOWN THE DRAIN!

If I had done some consumer research and came upon this page, and the many other complaints about this company, I would've steered clear. Live and learn...

29th of Sep, 2008

I got robbed by the fake, duplicate and outdated listings as well.

1st of Dec, 2008

I Just checked our entire client list and neither one of the last 2 post are clients of ours...

It is obviously an attempt by one of our competitors to make us look bad...Its not working...

We are an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau, And We answer and do the right thing on any problem a client might have.

for the record

Our listings expire after 21 days

Yes sometimes we have duplicates..we put it on and then the landlord puts it on...let us know..we will fix it

We do get many listings that are below market...I KNOW WHERE TO GET THEM...TRADE SECRET

IF YOU THINK THEY ARE FAKE...CALL THEM...SPEAK TO THE OWNER...GO SEE THEM...SEE FOR YOURSELF
    I WILL GLADLY GIVE YOU THE PROOF NEEDED TO VERIFY THEM.

OUR DATA BASE AND WEB SITE IS BY FAR THE MOST USER FREINDLY OUT OF THEM ALL

I AM AVAILABLE 7 DAYS A WEEK FROM 7AM UNTIL 11PM FOR ALL MY CLIENTS.

I NEVER HEARD ONE PEEP FROM EITHER ABOVE MENTIONED PERSON...BELIEVE ME...WHEN A CLIENT IS HAVING AN ISSUE
    THEY CONTACT ME RIGHT AWAY...MY DIRECT NUMBER IS ON THE WEB SITE AND AT THE BOTTOM OF EVERY CONTRACT...

HERES WHAT IT SAYS

Having problems! Have a question? Or in need of person to person customer service please contact the Customer service Manager attn: Manager ASAP or call 201-203-4459 for Managers Voicemail

THIS IS THE REAL NUMBER

MY E-MAIL IS ALSO AVAILABLE ON ALL FORMS AND IT IS NJRENTALS@AOL.COM

AND ONE STEP FURTHUR...OUR OFFICE IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC 7 DAYS A WEEK...2 OFFICES

THINK ABOUT IT...IF YOU THOUGHT YOU GOT RIPPED OFF...
    WOULD YOU NOT BE IN MY OFFICE ASAP

AND WE WOULD DO THE RIGHT THING

I AM HERE TO HELP PEOPLE.NOTHING ELSE
    IF I CAN MAKE A LIVING DOING SO...GOOD

AND YES THERE ARE CLIENTS WHO WE CANNOT HELP.AND WE DO ISSUE FULL CREDITS AND ALLOW THEM TO USE THE SITE.ITS THAT SIMPLE

IF YOU HAVE ANY QESTIONS PLEASE CALL ME DIRECTLY ANYTIME
    MAIN OFFICE NUMBER IS 973-509-7368

• Ze
      19th of Feb, 2009

Thanks to the original poster for putting this out there for everyone to see. It definitely smelled like a scam from the craigslist postings but this seals it. These people are the same kind of ### as homehunters.net. Its too bad you have to wade through all their garbage while trying to find a legit posting. I hope more people find this when looking for an apartment before they get suckered for 150 bucks.

• He
      24th of Feb, 2009

Save your $150 and simply comb through your local Craigslist listings.
    Its the exact same thing these guys do.
    Contrary to what this guy says, you'll never see your $150 back in your pocket when you've realized you've been scammed.

• Vi
      24th of Oct, 2009

total scam. i went to a rentalstoreusa office in person and it was just amateurish. I expressed interest in renting and all they wanted was the $150-195. They didn't ask my name, give me any of their info, didn't introduce themselves. local, legit brokers were more than helpful and didn't charge for basic information like what street the place was on or even the full address sometimes.

• Ci
      3rd of Jan, 2010

What happened to paying for services rendered? What legit company would make you pay a $150 nonrefundable fee just to consider helping you? I don't walk into a store and pay the sales person money in case I might want to buy something. How about they find you a great apartment and THEN collect their fee, because I doubt any of these so-called "satisfied customers" would have a problem paying then. I keep coming across the same too good to be true ads on craigslist...and they are all from this company...yes, they must be SO much better at their job then EVERY other realtor in the market that they just happen to get all the crazy deals. Not buying it.

• Ce
      16th of Feb, 2010

rentalstoreusa insists on claiming that they are BBB accredited. They falsely advertise this on their website and all of their craigslist ads. They are defintely NOT an accredited business-just click on the little logo and see:

Also, BBB's report on this company is just about on par with what everyone says. Don't waste your money...