RentalCars.com / unfair cancellation fee
I made a reservation with rentalcars.com on june 8th, 2015. I never received an email or mail confirming the reservation until yesterday august 13th. The email I received was to confirm the car reservation and that the amount that was going to be charged on my credit card would go thru the same day.
Since I thought the rental hadn't gone thru initially because I never received confirmation, this took me by surprise. I had made different plans regarding my transportation. So I proceeded to cancel. They stated that I would be charged $40 dollars cancellation fee. My trip is not until the 9th of september. I don't think that a cancellation this far in advance should be subject to such penalty. I am very upset. Will not be using this business again and I will advise anybody that is thinking about renting a car via this company, to stay away from this company. Consumer beware!
More RentalCars.com Complaints & Reviews
- RentalCars.com former Traveljigsaw - never ever rentalcars.com 
- RentalCars.com - no refund 
- RentalCars.com - additional fees 100% increase in cost 
- Traveljigsaw or Rentalcars.com - i had to pay for their mistakes! 
- RentalCars.com - misleading website
- RentalCars.com - car rental - ref 383 202 295
- RentalCars.com - car rental
- RentalCars.com - car rental malaga booking ref. 548823977
- RentalCars.com - require a full refund, terrible customer service, no booking record
- RentalCars.com - car rental friday 16th march in derry, northern ireland