RentalCars.com former Traveljigsaw / never ever rentalcars.com
I had very bad experience and just can warn to trust the car offered from this provider.
I inquired for a Toyota Avensis or similar which is Hyundai Sonata according to RentalCars homepage. I paid for Avensis (4 week hire) and received a mail with voucher-link for Avensis. When showing the printed Avensis voucher to Europcar at Cape Town I could choose between Honda Civic or Chevrolet Cruze, both - with no doubt - much smaller than Toyota Avensis. Europcar said they never had Avensis and if I request a car with similar space I must pay for upgrade. A matching car will be available in 4 days! After my mail to RentalCars I got the automatic reply to get an answer within 28 days! Thus I called RentalCars. As usual long time waiting, hardly anybody in charge, finally a lady said she will check my case with the result that next day my previous link was faked and showed Chevrolet Cruze now! From my point of view this is very dubious business practices and a falsification of my voucher document.
In case of problems do not trust the so called free international phone number. I was waiting most of the time in “please hold on”. The one phone call finally cost me € 62, 33.
We could not wait for available upgrade thus we traveled 4 weeks with two suitcases on the rear seats because of the small car boot. RentalCars.com spoiled our vacation therefore never again this supplier.
More RentalCars.com former Traveljigsaw Complaints & Reviews
- RentalCars.com - no refund 
- RentalCars.com - cancellation procedure
- RentalCars.com - additional fees 100% increase in cost 
- Traveljigsaw or Rentalcars.com - I had to pay for their mistakes! 
- RentalCars.com - misleading website
- Herz / Rentalcars - stinking car
- RentalCars.com - no rental car company at address provided in lower manhattan (nyc, usa)
- RentalCars.com - trying to cancel a booking 353315009 garth coates
- RentalCars.com - business model is to hide high fees 
- RentalCars.com - complaint