RentalCars.comcar rental

RENTALCARS.COM and HERTZ let me down without car in Puerto Rico by the end of the year and, also, did not reimburse prepaid fees and inland expenses!!
In December 12, 2015 RENTALCARS.COM accepted my reservation request (Booking Reference Number: [protected]), which presupposes not only the existence of the offered vehicle as well as its availability for the requested period (Dec 26 to Jan2).
At time of booking I made an advance payment of the fees ($ 361.00), which was immediately charged in my credit card.
Before the trip, I received a number of messages with the offer of an "upgrade" to change the car reservation for a bigger car which, consequently, would make me incur in greater expense. This fact (upgrade offers), incidentally, presupposed the existence and availability not only of the vehicle reserved by me but also other vehicles availability, ie this insistent offer presupposed the existence and availability of even more vehicles for the period.
By the pick-up day and time of the reserved vehicle (Saturday night – 7pm), I was told by Hertz employee that there were no vehicles available (??????). As absurd as this fact (shortage of vehicles even reserved and prepaid) is the non-receipt of any prior notice by RENTALCARS.COM or HERTZ; so that we could prepare ourselves for changing our vacation plans.
Well, I and other customers were waiting for the manager and, as she did not come, we went to meet him at the airport garage HERTZ facilities. The manager reported that customers had not returned already rented vehicles and that we should come back the next day (Monday – Dec 28). So, after several hours spent in waiting and arguments, I had no other alternative than taking a taxi to my destination (Hotel Gran Melia - Rio Grande ); 19 miles far from the airport. I was supposed to have a happy dinner with my family in the way, but we have a late and expensive dinner in the hotel.
The next day (Sunday) I called HERTZ Puerto Rico and was informed of the lack of vehicles available in Puerto Rico not only that day but also there would be no vehicles available until the weekend (when I was supposed to drop off the car). I tried to call HERTZ customer services, but it only works in business days (…).
In sequence called RENTALCARS.COM and the clerk also emphasized the inexistence of any rental vehicles in Puerto Rico and, as an alternative, commented that I could book any vehicle, anywhere and excessive price would be refunded for you. The next day (Sunday – Dec. 29), I called several local vehicles car rentals, which had no vehicles available until the next weekend. In sequence, I called RENTALCARS.COM again and the clerk apologized and said he had nothing to do. So, I said I would keep try to have my vacation trip as possible and, further, draw and present a travel report with my transportation spending and would wait for its evaluation.

I like to show my displeasure and to stress that RENTALCARS.COM and HERTZ have destroyed my vacation plan. In planning my vacation, I had the option (1) to stay in San Juan and make short taxi trips and sightseeing in group tours (excursions) or (2) book a resort and rent a car to travel around.
I decided for the second option and I booked a more comfortable and expensive hotel outside the capital (Gran Melia Rio Grande) counting on the rental vehicle, just to easily move me around the island without getting stuck in the metropolitan traffic and do not incur costs with parking; thus having more schedule time flexibility for tourism and shopping.
In addition, the rented vehicle would enable me to save some money by reducing costs as the room I had booked has kitchen; which would enable me to make breakfasts and quick meals with purchased food a grocery store.
Still, the vehicle would enable me to make main meals outside the hotel, which, as I have mentioned, is a hotel with international cuisine restaurants and highly expensive.
Lack of vehicle also spoiled my plans to meet the islands of Culebra and Vieques; also, limited my visit to El Yunque forest and the historical district of San Juan (Old San Juan).
As a result of the frustrated rental:
I got stuck in the hotel more than I supposed to – so, I incurred in higher food costs and had my food options limited;
Year-end party not enjoyed - as I thought I would have had a vehicle, I have not booked me and my family participation in the Meliá year-end party; so we were out of the party with no options as the hotel is a resort some miles far from safe places (...);
My mobility was more limited and more expensive – as stuck in a resort, there were not so many taxis and thereby I incurred in large waiting time for getting back and forth;
I could not go to tourist spots - could not book groups (excursions) to certain sights and for that I was, I was limited by the duration and path, which was not part of my plans;
Unexpected costs – Due to the frustrated rental, I had to make several international phone calls I not expected to make.
I could not shop effectively supermarket - with already commented, was part of my vacation plan save on quick meals and breakfast; although used taxi to go to the market to shop, it was highly uncomfortable.
In short, it make me feel disrespected as I was clearly put aside for providing other client that should have paid a fare higher than me. I am my family are extremely disappointed with RENTALCARS.COM and HERTZ.
After coming back home, I present a claim to RENTALCARS.COM to reimburse the fees for the car I was not provided along with the unexpected expenses I had to bear due to fail in providing me a car. RENTALCARS.COM said it would discuss with HERTZ and, believe, RENTALCARS.COM is not responding my messages.
Think before using RENTALCARS.COM and HERTZ because they may not only fail in providing you a car, but also do not reimburse prepaid fees and expenses. I have been stolen and cheated!

Ju