rent to own demetrius lewis / real estate scam

United States, Florida, tampa bay area Review updated:
help is here llc
Tampa bay area
Yeah this guy is a joke, they still owe me 3000 dollars for a deposit on a home that also has CHINESE DRYWALL!!
they claim to help you get your credit fixed, then purchase the home while you rent it...there is no paperwork on
anything and no license of any kind that I could find for this company. I learned after the fact... dont make the same mistake!!! helpishereonline.com is a joke and so are all the employees, liars and cheap two-bit theives, with a religious front and a rented office they dont pay the bills on.. steer clear of demetrius Lewis and help is here

A  23rd of Oct, 2009 by
Yeah I encountered this joker a few months back! Glad I pulled back in time! He is a crook. Stay away!
D  1st of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
If both of you would have taken then time to get to know what it is that his company and he does for people and (I will attach a example of his good and christian work ) Then maybe you would see out side of the box...To comment # 1 do you think he knew the home had bad drywall? There has to be a reason that you did not at the time have your deposit back. Whatever lack of paperwork you say you did not have ...Was that your fault. I do not work for him but I have dealt with him and I know I with my own 2 eyes have seen all of the legit paperwork. I have heard with my own 2 ears how his company has helped people who where seconds from losing their homes. He will send someone to stop the bank at 8pm if needed. His company is based on CHRISTIAN values and intergety. Now for comment #2 He is no crook. He is a self made business man and he could have made you a self made business man. I want both of you to read these comments left By REAL PEOPLE on his website...Some of these are so moving they brought tears to my eyes...So I want both of you to sit back and read these and think about what you lost out on...Brooke

You saved our house and taught us how to better my life by making more money. Who in the He__ would do that. You are one of the selfless individuals I have ever met HANDS DOWN.

The Papadopoulis Family

Demetrius has to be the most successful BUSINESS MAN AND MENTOR I've seen in my 12 year career in the industry. From the first day I met him, I knew I wanted to partner up with him because of his proven track record of creating success. He truly has a genius mind when it comes to marketing, training and systematizing his business. I'm continually amazed at his ability to build teams and teach them effective strategies to duplicate his success. He's also one of the most genuine and down to earth people I've had the honor to call a friend.

Keep Helping People and I love You. Tell Sarah it is friendly love and nothing us. You guys take care!!!
D  3rd of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Wow I am shocked at these comments. They apparently did not follow-through on their end. I met him 2 years ago and our lives are completely different. I think I know this situation and these people were late every month with excuses. He gave them chance after chance and the tried to use and abuse him. People are crazy these days. Would try to sabotage someone because they cant get their way. Mr. Lewis and his staff are impeccable and he demands 1000% from them.
N  7th of Dec, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Thanks for providing such laughable diatribe. I would be willing to bet that the same person wrote all of the comments in defense of Mr. Lewis. The grammatical errors were abundant through every paragraph. The Papadopoulis family part was very funny too. I'm not going to sit here and correct your grammar but please see if the righteous Mr. Lewis could maybe help get you back into school. Lastly, the word impeccable is a great word to describe something but, you used it improperly. It is an adjective. So, Mr. lewis and his staff are impeccacle what? impeccable liars? impeccable con-men? Better luck next time.
D  7th of Mar, 2010 by
I have dealt with Help Is Here Foreclosure Prevention and Credit Repair, and I found that Mr. Lewis and his employees were extremely interested in helping me as long as I tried to help myself. I came to him searching to rent a home, and he informed me that he does not work with people who are just interested in renting, but instead wanted to help me become a homeowner.

I informed Mr. Lewis that I had credit issues, and he advised me that he would provide the resources to me and I could tackle the credit repair process myself, or he could do all of the leg work and we could work TOGETHER to fix it. He told me that the price for the credit repair would be waived if I decided to lease option a home from him. He then pulled out a lot of paperwork, which he then took time out of his busy schedule to explain to me not once but TWICE because I had a lot of questions. Mr. Lewis disclosed everything to me; which included that the home I was leasing was a PREFORECLOSURE property. He fully explained to me that he was negotiating a short sale on the property and the short sale may or may not be approved. He also told me that the property may still go into foreclosure! He gave me all the information that I needed to make an informed decision, and left it up to me to decide.

In addition to explaining that the property was a preforeclosure home, Mr. Lewis reiterated to me verbally and IN WRITING that all money that I paid to him was NONREFUNDABLE! The paperwork was VERY CLEAR on both points! Because of these two points, I did not make a decision right away to work with the company. Mr. Lewis was extremely patient with me and never forced me to make a rushed decision. He told me to take all the time that I needed, which I ultimately did and I decided to lease a property from Help Is Here.

During the short sale negotiation process, Mr. Lewis kept me informed on what was happening with the property. He informed me of when the short sale was scheduled to close, but was delayed, and then unfortunately did go to foreclosure. At this point, I must say that I was disappointed that the house foreclosed, but Mr. Lewis and Help Is Here stayed with me and ended up placing me in one of their other homes! I stuck with him through everything and now I am set to close on my property in three weeks!

So, to the idiot who wrote the above complaint, I say you are completely mistaken about Mr. Lewis and Help Is Here. I do not believe for one second that Mr. Lewis knew that the home you were set to move in had Chinese Drywall in it before hand! Do you have written proof that it had the drywall? Anyone can make a complaint because of anger, but one must have proof to back up the complaint! Any ignorant, uneducated ### can go on the unmonitored internet and post any type of complaint. However, if you really had a case about Chinese Drywall, you probably would not waste your time on the internet but would be pursuing a more reputable and credible process with which to make your point! You need to get a life and stop blaming Mr. Lewis and Help Is Here for your problems!
D  17th of Mar, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Yes, the Chinese drywall was a FACT. Indeed the above comment is obviously written by the man himself, or a slightly uneducated co-worker... I was there on the day of inspection, and had it done by the most reputable company in the business of testing for such. I have seen this company do nothing for anybody, except waste time and money. See you in court "Mr. Lewis"... I expect them to get out of the scam business before the state presses fraud charges
N  11th of Jan, 2011 by
There's a lawsuit about him:
and here: http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/01/10/33156.htm
N  11th of Apr, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
. I am contacting you due to a man named Demetrius A. Lewis is renting this home out to Ms. Shalonda Allen. As far as we can determine he has no ownership or rights to this property. We have contact Detective Angela Dutton with the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office for assistance as well. We would appreciate any assistance you can provide with notifying your client, in hopes that they can assist in removing what appears to be illegal tenants. The following is the chain of events that have happened over the last month involving this property.

Late October/Early November: Demetrius A. Lewis approached several homeowners in the Lintower Village of Ballantrae subdivision. He asked what homes were “empty”; he was advised of 2 empty homes, one being 17438 Sandgate Court. He advised he was an investor looking to buy foreclosed homes.

Friday, November 19th: A woman named Ms. Shalonda Allen showed with a laundry basket full of stuff at 17438 Sandgate Court. As she was trying to enter the home without success a neighbor asked if everything was ok, to which Ms. Shalonda Allen replied “her new employer was renting this house for her but she could not get in”. Ms. Shalonda Allen proceeded to break in through sliders in the rear of the home. She placed several bags of groceries, a suitcase and other miscellaneous items inside. Knowing this was not right the neighbors began doing research.

We called the HOA to determine if an estopple had been received and were advised no. County Records were checked, showing the house had not been sold. We then contacted the Pasco County Sherriff. When the deputy responded a report was made and the house was re-secured.

Later that same day Demetrius A. Lewis was seen walking around the home and another vacant home. Also on this day the neighboring homes to 17438 Sandgate Court and another vacant home were attempted to be broken into, causing the door jam to be cracked in half on the home to the right of 17438 Sandgate Court. Also, in the overnight hours of 11/18 and 11/19 the alarm was triggered on the home to left of 17438 Sandgate Court, Pasco County Sheriff responded.

Tuesday, November 23rd: Progress energy turned the power on. Neighbors called to confirm the power had been turned on and was not being “stolen” from a nearby residence. Progress Energy confirmed they had turned the power on.

Wednesday, November 24th: Pasco County Utilities turned the water. They advised it was for someone by the last name Allen. Later that evening Ms. Shalonda Allen showed up at 17438 Sandgate Court with a small child and older gentlemen. When neighbors approached her, she claimed to have bought the house. She claimed to have just moved to the area, not knowing anyone. Once she could not get in, due to the house being re-secured neighbors approached her again, she advised she was renting the home and later advised her employer bought the home last Friday and she was renting from him. She advised she was calling a locksmith to get in. At this time Pasco County Sheriff was called, Ms. Shalonda Allen provided a lease from Demetrius A. Lewis to her on a month to month basis. The deputies were unable to verify it, but had to consider it valid. The police took all her information and the gentleman’s information, which she advised was mentally challenged. Once the deputies left Ms. Shalonda Allen went to the local Publix to charge her cell phone for use. Upon returning to the home she broke into the house again via the sliders, no locksmith ever showed up.

Saturday, November 26th: Rent A Center delivered some furniture.

As of now there is still no refrigerator in the home.

Upon further research of Demetrius A. Lewis, he has 3 outstanding warrants in Pinellas County. He has been arrested numerous times, mostly for evictions and receiving goods from worthless checks While doing a basic Google search, there are many complaints against him and his business www.helpishereonline.com for scamming people into signing over their deeds to him then letting the homes go into foreclosure after paying him money to prevent this from happening, renting homes with a myriad of problems and not fixing them, and renting homes and collecting rents without the true owner’s knowledge causing the tenants to have to move and lose money.
A  29th of Jun, 2011 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
It is so funny how Demetrius, who I personally know, is putting those good comments about his company on here. Please take the time to read those links above of the court case from "Goodpeople". Trust me you don't want to do business with this no teeth having crook. Yes he doesn't even have decency to do business with his dentures in. He is using the whole "Christian" thing as a front and his idiot wife is in on it too with her real estate license. It should be revoked because she don't even do real estate at all. I can't believe he is still at it. He never owns any of those homes. Do your homework on the houses it's free info. He takes advantage of poor defenseless people in need. Someone is going to hurt that guy really bad one day and he better hope Jesus steps in and stops them. He need to stop playing with people's lives. He will reap what he sows. Heck, his past history involves him being a criminal on lock down.

Please don't be fooled. Those nice comments about Help Is Here was clearly written by him. I know of someone now getting a lawyer for a class action suit against him. I'M IN!!! SURE I'LL TESTIFY!!!