Rent a wreck / Death trap

US Review updated:

What a death trap they gave me at the rent a wreak linden nj it wasnt even what i reserved and was told thats all they had it had bald tires stalled 2x key didnt work in the doors seatbelt didnt work at times when i tryed to exchange it for another i was told they didnt have any cars but when my son called on a differnt line and different name they had cars what a ### company i hope they go out of buisness and the presedent of the corperation crashed in one of his crap cars they are dangerous vehicles i will be complaining to the NJ dept. od motor vehicles.

Em

Comments

• Ca
      Aug 13, 2009

I know you had a bad experience, but I've been operating a Rent A Wreck location for 12 years and I can tell you, we work incredibly hard making our cars run great but we know they look just OK. People want to save money and they come to us because our products cost us less to purchase. We pass the savings on to our customers. Those used cars take a lot of time, energy and money to keep in good shape. The new car companies, with higher prices, have it easy, they have products that are factory perfect. Rent A Wreck is a good concept, but bad experiences can happen. Without alternative car rental companies, the majors will have a monopoly on an essential service.

• Al
      Oct 08, 2009

I was always curious what that Rent A Wreck was on St. George. Sorry to hear about the experience

Jul 15, 2016

I also agree with the above, if you're being harassed, I would notify the police. As far as rent-a-wreck is concerned...Do you have a copy of this "privacy contract" or any language from it that you can post here? What agreement did they sign with you about privacy? Rental car companies and doctors offices aren't binder by the same privacy laws.

Jul 15, 2016

A side point, I mean, with all due respect...I understand the employee giving out your phone number to his friend to be very unprofessional and he should probably be fired, but I don't think your entitled to any money. Did you not rent a car from them and did they not provide you with a car? Was there a problem with the actual car rental? Or do you just want money? I'd be more concerned with getting that employee disciplined rather than getting compensated by the company.

• Jb
      Jul 15, 2016

i have to agree with chris. how does this constitute a refund. Other than the fact that your obviously a person that looks for a way to scam money out of a company. every service that the company provided you was what you paid for.

• Ju
    Rent a wreck - Breach of privacy
    rent a wreck
    Billings
    Montana

I rented from them as they were a very good price...which came at a price!! My cell phone number was given out by one of its employee's to his friend who wrote me a sexually harassing text message! Unbelievable! When I called the local manager for a refund due to their breach of privacy contract, he stated it was " above and beyond what happened" to me! I was in disbelief by their lackadaisical behavior and unprofessional ethics.