Renault / terrible service quality

1 South Africa Review updated:

I have repeatedly tried to book my car in for maintenance at Renault Cape Town. The service agent who took my booking informed me, 1 day before the date given for the maintenance, that the parts for my car had not been ordered (25 April 2008). I was promised a follow up a few weeks later. I have heard nothing from this dealer since. Every time I phone I am told the person is out, at the bank or will call me back. I have spoken to at least 3 people there since the middle of May and have had absolutely no service from any of them. I was even phoned by the "after-service satisfactory" people whom I told this story to and I was also contacted by the sales department asking me if I wanted to upgrade my car. I repeated this story to both individuals who stated they would "send an e-mail" to the relevant people.

The parts I need are grab handles for a Megane II and a gearlever knob. I was told that both these parts were under warranty when I first inquired about this in February 2008, after yet another disappointing service from Renault Tygerberg.

The service and general attitudes of the staff at the Renault dealers I have been to is disgraceful to say the least. I am planning on selling my car and will never touch another Renault again.

Ro

Comments

• Xi
      12th of May, 2010

try Strand Autoworks, fast snappy frendly and 30% chaeper then the con artisits at Renault.
    screw the warentee, they wont honour it anyway, been there done that.