Renaultdo not advise any one to buy a renault

I have a 2004 Renault Megane and you will not believe the mechanicle trouble I have with the car. Cylinders, disks, electronical errors, fuel injection problems etc. I am an single mother with two children and are unable to maintain the car. The value of the car is R93000 but car dealers only offer me R35000 as they say the car has no value. Believe me the parts cost you a fortune. A fuel injection pumb cost R7000. My car had to stand for 3 months as I could not afford some of the parts and have spend R10000 just to get it going again. It is a large investment and the car loses its value so quicly that you are guaranteed owner of the vechile till it is paid. Imagine strugeling for 5 years with a car that robs you of all your life savings and forces you to pay in should have had enough and wanting to get rid. With all the faults my car currently have it will soon be standing permantely. When it goes it is an fantastic car but if it breaks down you are screwd. Now me and my kids will have to walk soon while I still owe the bank a fortune. Renault you will have to do something about the cost of your parts!!! There are more clients that feels this way - just check complaint!!!

Pu

Comments

• Cw
      Mar 14, 2011

We bought our Renault Scenic brand new at the cost of US$35, 000 nine years ago. We've had her tuned regularly. We took out a car loan. For the first five years, it was the best car we've ever owned when compared to the second hand lemons we'd been making juice from. So, she ran like a charm until the bank loan was paid up and she hit her 5th birthday. The upholstery in the ceiling was the first thing to fall on our heads. Renault said it wasn't their problem. Fixing it costs all of US$850.00. This year's service in February cost us the price of a timing belt replacement, three replaced tyres, a rear wiper and the full service totaling US$2, 300.00 and what can be terms as a mild heart attack! The car ran for one week before we had to replace the battery: US$170.00 and two weeks later, the transmission has gone - left my husband stranded en route to an important Managers' Workshop. The mechanics at Renault in Bermuda claimed that they weren't surprised when the tow truck hauled our car into their garage because the last time they looked at our car (February) they suspected that the transmission would go soon. Yet nobody said anything to us. So, they called husband with the quote: US$3, 300 to fix. Hell no!!! We'd expect things to go massively wrong with second hand cars (which they really didn't compared to Renault), but not with a car that you purchase straight from the dealer!!! Folk are selling their Renault cars for peanuts just to get rid of them. Others are leaving them dumped in the Renault garage out of sheer frustration. What a beautiful piece of trash! --- I never ever thought I'd say something like this about my own car --- ooops, there it is!!! Don't buy Renault, we're looking at a Japanese car now.

• Cw
      Mar 14, 2011

kdkdkdkdkdkdkdkdk

• Re
      Jun 26, 2011

I so understand your frsutration, and that is exactly why I have have started writing a blog. I wish someone had warned me before I bought mine. Would appreciate your comments on my blog: http://no-renaultnomo.blogspot.com/