Removal Group / Worst company I have ever dealt with

Sutton Coldfield, England, West Midlands, United Kingdom Review updated:
This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. Do not book your move with them.

Our move from the UK to the Netherlands with Removal Group was a complete nightmare from start to finish. They were totally unreliable, told outright lies on numerous occassions and concealed information from us on many more. Our goods arrived 16 days late and during that time we had no idea where our possessions were or when they were likely to be delivered. We had to be constantly chasing them up and, despite many promises to call us straight back, they never returned our calls.

Their so-called 'packing service' was a complete scam. Our goods were already in boxes, but we wanted everything to be repacked more carefully. This was not done and everything arrived exactly as we had left it in the UK.

We submitted a complaint via their website and were told we were not entitled to any compensation as we were in breach of contract because my partner's company did not pay the invoice 7 days before the commencement of our move. They only sent their invoice to KPMG 7 days before the move, so there is no way this deadline could ever have been achieved. Needless to say, we were never alerted to this by our removal coordinator. It wasn't until 2 weeks after our goods were supposed to have been delivered and they were already in possession of all our belongings that they informed us of this.

I am completely disgusted with this company. I am even more incensed by the fact that they have not offered us any kind of apology for the distress they have caused us. An apology goes a long way, but Removal Group simply do not care about their customers.
Eg

Comments

Ma
  26th of Feb, 2009
I had exactly the same experience. Moving from the UK to Norway, my TV was missing from the delivery (which cost me £600 new) and other items were missing and/or damaged. The matress was damaged (expensive matress) and the bed was also knocked-around. The company they had subcontracted to (Britannia Simpson) denied any responsibility and said I would need to pursue it with the removal group. I contacted them only to be offered £40 compensation (a joke, surely) and that I had agreed not to take their extended liability cover (this was never actually offered to me and I received no advice either way). I too am completely disgusted with them and would never use them again or recommend them to anybody else.