Removal Group / Undelivered and lost goods!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

My belongings were shipped ahead of the my orders from the UK to the USA. I was promised I could put things in storage, they picked up my belongings in November and as of 15 January I still don't know where my belongings are. The receiving company has said when they produced my paperwork the port authority in Boston was told my belongings were in Halfax Canada. I cannot get an answer from the Removal Group and (still owing from my move) all the want is their money for an extremely poor service. If I knew who to complain to... fair trading or another consumer service who could pursue this on my behalf I would. I strongly suggest no one use their services.

Comments

26th of Feb, 2009

Ditto. I had exactly the same experience moving from the UK to Norway. Things were picked up at the end of December 2008, put into storage for 5 weeks and then shipped to Norway on a part load with Britannia Simpson (they also deny any wrongdoing). The expensive flatscreen TV was missing (it was in its original box) and the bed and matress were damaged/stained. There were also broken glasses and crockery as well as other smaller items missing. When I complained they tried to deny they are liable and offered my their "standard" liability cover of £40 per item which is a joke. I intend to report this to Trading Standards and Watchdog as they cannot be allowed to get away with this.