Removal Group / I urge you to learn from my lessons and choose a more reputable dealer

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

I just wanted to share my horrible experience with The Removal Group company in the UK. (www.removalgroup.com). They came to pack us up in Paris on September 7, saying it would be 6-8 weeks to get our half a container worth of stuff to San Francisco. It's January 7th now, and our stuff still isn't here, though we're told it has arrived in LA finally.

The price was good, and the service was great until they took our money. I was told that they would pull half of the amount out of our bank account before the shipment, and the other half at completion, but they took all 3500 pounds at once, leaving me with no recourse. If I ever do this again, you can bet I'll use a credit card instead of a bank transfer, just so I can stop payment if necessary.

Six weeks after they packed up our stuff, I sent an email to Rupert at The Removal Group, and he told me that the shipment was still in their warehouse, waiting for another shipment to combine it with. No notice from them that there would be a delay until I asked, and then it was another two months before they found another shipment to go along with ours. Nothing from them but apologies, never any advance notice of the wait.

I urge you to learn from my lessons and choose a more reputable dealer. The only thing I can do now is try to keep others from making the same mistakes that I did.

Va

Comments

19th of Jan, 2007

The quotation provided was based on a part load, this is when a number of customers share the space within a shipping container and therefore have a reduced rate.

By sending goods in a shared container, the shipment will not leave until all the space has been filled.

All www.removalgroup.com customer s are made aware that by using our part load service we cannot guarantee delivery times.

I would suggest that if you require a dedicated delivery time that you opt for a designated service, this is can be more costly but it will guarantee times.

The www.removalgroup.com is happy to provide free advice and quotations in writing that will state collection and delivery times.

If anyone requires advice please feel free to contact me directly.

James Tennant
    www.removalgroup.com

27th of Jan, 2008

Removalgroup - a bunch of dodgy salesmen - simple as that! BEWARE!!!

They ARE NOT a reputable removal company!!! They don't even own a cardboard box let alone a truck or shipping container. I suggest you go and see their little office above an art shop in Sutton Coldfield to verify this.

BEWARE - they were very unreliable, barely communicated once they had my money and i got varied information depending on who i spoke to, all fabricated lies. They are nothing more than a broker service trying to skim some middle-man profit from you!!

I very much doubt that the person above knew what they were getting from these lying ###! I think trading standards should be made aware of them.

• Je
      16th of Oct, 2008

I can only add my voice to those appaling review of the Removal Group. My girllfriend had a move from Denmark to London, very simple, a few boxes and a desk.
    Cheap quote, good pick up company from Denmark.
    after this, it all went south:
    - promised a 7-10 days delivery timing and we were delivered our boxes after 5 WEEKS! The worse was the customer service: no reply to any of the request, no apologies apart from a "August is a very busy month"... well don't promise a 7-10 days delivery then
    - lost a box and did not even bothered looking for it (i had to call 5 times again to get to someone who would fially agree to cll the people who delivered. An hour later I got n email saying they woudl not have the box...obviously they went out of their way on this one! Furthermore, they indicate on their contract that you have to subscribe to an insurance yourself. It is indeed in the contract but is such an unusual practice for a moving company that we completely missed out on this one
    - we've placed a customer complaint about 4 weeks ago and we're still waiting while they had said that they would take a maximum of 2 weeks to come back to us
    - generally, it is more the customer service rather than the poor service itself that is appaling. This company only outsource to real movers, so customer service should be their only asset and it is way under anything we've had before
    Try Moving Home Company instead. They were more expensive but they were great on my previous move!

• Je
      16th of Oct, 2008
    Removal Group - Appalling service
    Removal group
    London
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom
    removalgroup.com

Cheap quote, good pick up company from Denmark.
    after this, it all went south:
    - promised a 7-10 days delivery timing and we were delivered our boxes after 5 WEEKS! The worse was the customer service: no reply to any of the phone calls (5-6 callls made + emails), no apologies apart from a "August is a very busy month"... well don't promise a 7-10 days delivery then - we had been VERY CLEAR on the dates required
    - lost a box and did not even bothered looking for it (I had to call 5 times again to get to someone who would finally agree to call the people who delivered. An hour later I got an email saying they would not have the box...obviously they went out of their way on this one! Furthermore, they indicate on their contract that you have to subscribe to an insurance yourself. It is indeed in the contract but is such an unusual practice for a moving company that we completely missed out on this one
    - generally, it is more the customer service rather than the poor service itself that is appalling. This company is a broker outsourcing to real movers, so customer service should be their only asset and it is way under anything we've had before

• Mi
      18th of Oct, 2008

Doree bonner sales people or you might call move managers are all for of sh**T

They are all part of the same group andwork for or run the removal group and other companies. So what is the difference?

well they hide behind a smal group of brokers, they claim to use the best packing and staff but they are all part of the same company.

I just suggest you use a profesional company, not a removal broker like doree bonner or removal group

Doree bonner removal group are a front...

doree bonner complaints reviews

• Mi
      18th of Oct, 2008

doree bonner, removals company .

With over 90 years removals experience providing a home removals service, Doree Bonner doree bonner International group is regarded as one of the worst removals companies and are currently among the top 10 removal International and household removal companies.

I dont think so, doreee bonner are very bad they own removalgroup.com in the uk. they are cheaper than most and have fancy website.

doreeboner

• Be
      29th of Jan, 2009

Hi

I decided to get a few removal companies around and quote me some prices. couple of weeks later they all came back to me with their quotes, obviously i went for the cheapest but still promising the same professional service. Anyway Doree Bonner came back to me and said they would do a price check, so I agreed and I was sent written confirmation by E-mail. Anyway I had 4 days to move and I get an E-mail not a phone call to say that they were not going to do it for that price on that day but could do it three days later on the Tuesday. What a bunch of a.s.e.o.l.e.s.

DO NOT USE THIS FIRM. THEY ARE VERY UNPROFESSIONAL AND VERY UNRELIABE AND WILL TRY AND SCAM MONEY OUT OF YOU AS YOU ARE IN A DESPERATE POSITION.

Luckily for me I found a fantastic removal company. SO WHOSE LOST OUT HERE. NOT ME. I'M SURE WE WILL SEE DOREE BONNER FALLING TO THE CREDIT CRUNCH VERY SOON. TA TA

• Bi
      26th of Jun, 2009

We used Doree Bonner recently for a long haul move within the UK. We haven't received our goods yet as they are in storage - however the removals guys were brilliant, so fingers crossed everything will be ok. Unfortunately I can't say as much for the office team who are extremely unhelpful, unreliable and inconsistent. They have screwed us around on delivery days and did not fulfill their side of the bargain - which basically involved storing our goods near our new home. Consequently we have been unable to gain any access to our goods and now are in a situation where we've had to wait much longer than anticipated for our belongings. My advice, DO NOT USE THEM - as it's the office team calling the shots unfortunately and they really let the whole side down. Shame, because the removal men were great.

• Do
      7th of Jul, 2009

Just to add another warning against using Doree Bonner. DO NOT USE THEM.

We moved from the UK to the USA and paid a lot extra for the air-freight so that our things would arrive shortly after we did (we came over on the QM2 which took 6 days) - however it took almost a further 3 weeks for our shipment to arrive, with me ringing Doree Bonner repeatedly to find out what was going on, not a good start. Eventually I was sent a waybill and left to deal with the US carrier myself, when I eventually managed to arrange delivery of our things and I was dismayed to see the state of the boxes - some lookeed like they had been run over by the plane before being loaded on. The delivery guy of course didn't care about this at all and just shrugged at me, he then said he was unable to carry things into the house "because they don't do that" so I had to carry almost 40 boxes weighing over 650kg into the house myself while the driver watched. At the end of all this he expected me to sign away liability on a form saying everything was received in good order!

It's a shame as the collection service in the UK was actually OK, but as soon as they had our items and our money they just weren't interested anymore. Leaving complaints with them over the phone is pointless, the customer service manager is always "away from his desk" and they don't get back to you. I am about to go down the insurance route for damaged items and I'm sure that will be an equally painful experience.

Overall I will NEVER use this company again and I strongly recommend everyone else to avoid this painful experience!

• Av
      13th of Aug, 2009

the removal group are a nightmare beware! I hope you are reading this before you move and not after like me!

• Rd
      3rd of Jul, 2010

AVOID DOREE BONNER AT ALL COST!!
    In August 2008 we moved to Paris. As a result of Doree Bonner's appalling service they paid us over £2000 in compensation. We had items smashed, boxes that left Cobham full arriving in Paris empty (seriously - how can that happen!) items lost. One of the packers described our items as junk and that was certainly how they handled the move. We also put a lot of items in to storage whilst we were in Paris. Just arrived back in the UK in June 2010. Another claim and a settlement for a further £1500. Items smashed (could they really cause any more damage if they tried!), lawnmower stored on end with oil leaking all over our clothes boxes, clothes literally stuffed in to packing boxes - not folded or packed carefully at all. A complete fiasco. We have moved 7 times in the past 11 years.
    DOREE BONNER ARE BY FAR THE WORST PACKERS WE HAVE EVER USED FOR ANY MOVE.

• Jt
      22nd of Jul, 2010

Doree Bonner do not own The Removal Group or have anything to do with it. I should know as I used them to sort out the mess caused by The Removal Group who are a complete bunch of mickey mouse cowboys.

In all honesty without these guys going that extra mile I would have been in a world of [censored]. People should really get the facts before posting rubbish.

• Fo
      29th of Sep, 2010
    Removal Group - Now they are threatening me
    Removal Group
    United Kingdom

I received exactly the same threat as Jeffou - word for word!

The amusing part for me was when they say that 'IF' I am a genuine customer then I should give them the details and they 'may' pass this on to Removal Group. AS IF I HADN'T TRIED THAT !!

Priceless!!!

3rd of Dec, 2010

I so wish I had seen this website before hiring Doree bonner to move my belongings from the UK to NZ. Wonderful service, glossy brochures and hand on heart promises right up to receiving payment. And my choosing them was based primarily on their verbal and written assurance that delivery would be by a set time. Some difficulties with arranging the collection but the packing guys were helpful and a laugh. After that I heard nothing at all. Back in NZ, the delivery time came and I contacted Doree Bonner to confirm ETA - obviously any day. Only to be told my goods had not yet left the UK. Now ETA is another two months out (significant cost and inconvenience to me!) and they take no responsibility in any way. Please please please if anyone out there is even considering using Doree Bonner - DO NOT DO IT!!!

• Ap
      23rd of Dec, 2010

Like the people above Doree Bonner have scammed me to pay more money again and again. I must say my shipment has arrived from the UK to USA quickly (about 6 weeks) but they've charged me about £80 more than the quote for oddities like not cancelling the collection appointment (yes).

I have never had such odd dealings with removal agents in my life (and I've gone abroad and come back several times). Again, like the people above I wish I'd read these posts before giving them my business. They weren't the cheapest quote I'd received but at the time seemed to offer the best service. Ah well.

18th of Apr, 2011

The same happens to us: very nice salesman who promised that our shipment would take less than 4 weeks from the UK to the US. It arrives on the 7th day of the 6th week. Again glossy brochures, several logos of associations such as the British Association of Removers, a salesman who called us almost everyday before we signed the contract. After this it became very difficult to reach him. We signed the contract on the day prior the pick up of our furniture and still they tried to charge us a GBP50 fee as we didn't check a tiny box called "cancellation fees" : we had signed the day before how could we have possibly cancelled the move! Then a week later we received an e-mail letting us know that our "volume had increased" and therefore we had to pay an extra GBP221 to hire a bigger container. They, of course, would ship our container only after receiving this new payment. The manager didn't even bother to apologize, he rather blamed us. They even told us that they didn't know when the would ship our container. I called the British Association of Removers. A day after, I got a date for our shipment. For information, the company picked up our furniture on Feb 18 but our container left England on March 20. We got our delivery in the US on April 1. On March 29, we were informed that the US customs had x-rayed our container and that we needed to pay those extra charges (US391) before the delivery could be processed. We still haven't gotten the proof that an X-ray exam had been done. Two drawers chests were damaged, but I don't even have the energy to go back to them anymore. Two weeks have passed since we received our shipment, they didn't even called or e-mailed to check if everything was OK. An advice: stay away from this company.

• Fo
      2nd of May, 2011

I just popped back to see how these cowboys are doing and I'm amazed. Not only are they still operating - nothing has changed.
    Avoid if you have any sense

• St
      6th of Sep, 2011
    Removal Group - Damaged Shipment
    Removal Group

I have detailed my problems from Day 1 with this company in a post above, but sadly, the saga continues. Upon posting of my previous complaint on this site, I was contacted by the Removal Group asking me to remove my complaint from this site and if I did this, they would pay me 200 pounds. I wrote back to their email with a question regarding my problem, which they then never bothered to answer. By some miracle, my shipment arrived in Australia, mind you, the Removal Group had the incorrect address on the shipment although I had contacted them several times to change it. Thank goodness Wrideways in Australia were helpful and competent, unlike the Removal Group.

• Bo
      22nd of Feb, 2012

Quite simply, I don't know how the people at "removals group" sleep at night. They are very keen to take your money but when they subcontract your precious belongings to a bunch of dodgy geezers with a white van, you have literally no clue what will become of them.

My flatscreen TV went "missing" even though it was on the inventory (they claimed it wasn't). Broken glasses, crockery and a badly stained mattress were among the many horrors that I had to deal with when my stuff finally arrived.

I would steer well clear of this company. It's despicable that they are still in business.

• Ph
      18th of Apr, 2012

Similar bad experience with Doree Bonner. The quoted a maximum of 35 days to deliver goods from Newcastle to Gibraltar.
    Goods were collected on March 6th. April 18th they are still in the UK and might arrive in Gib sometime in May. They could not care less they have my money and my goods why should they care. Avoid.