Remax / Deceptive agent practice

1 Plattsburgh, NY, United States Review updated:

On February 4, 2009, the original listing agreement for my house included a hot tub, valued at $8, 000.00.
On or about February 27, 2009, I discovered that the MLS property listing (R132568A) shown on the RE/MAX website did not show the hot tub or indicate the hot tub as part of the listing. At this time, I called RE/MAX and notified them that the hot tub was not shown as part of the listing. I spoke to RE/MAX agent TINA COVEY and she assured me that the hot tub was part of the property listing.
On February 27, 2009, I received an Email from RE/MAX (via TINA COVEY’s Email) that indicated “I added hot tub under exterior features. It was already noted in agent remarks with above ground pool.”
On January 8, 2010, I received an Email from TINA COVEY listing questions from a potential buyer. One of the questions asked was whether the hot tub was to remain with the property. I responded to TINA COVEY that the hot tub was part of the original listing.
On January 10, 2010, at 11:44 am, I received a telephone call from TINA COVEY. She stated that somebody asked her to take the hot tub off the listing. She admitted that she deceived me by removing the hot tub from the listing without my knowledge. She further stated that if I could not trust her then I should fire her.
On January 10, 2010, I received an Email from TINA COVEY with a new listing which includes the hot tub. However, the current listing on the RE/MAX website still showed no hot tub and no indication of a hot tub as part of the listing. It was not even listed in the exterior features at this point.
It is clear that the RE/MAX agent intentionally was trying to avoid listing the hot tub so that it could be deceptively removed from the property and not be part of the original sale.

Ta

Comments

• Re
      17th of May, 2011

Its often a good idea to file a complaint with the BBB as well. Best of luck with your issue. Always sad to hear about agent related problems.