Relo Moving/Relo Movers / Tripled Estimate/Arrived late

1 1016 W 18th St, Los Angeles, CA 90015-3324Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (213) 749-1860‎

I used Relo Movers in Los Angeles in May (relomovers.com) PUC # 190382 and they were awful!

Here is the short version of my complaint:

--I received an original estimate of $895, over the internet, for about 60 items to move from Anaheim to San Francisco on a Wednesday

--Halfway through the move, they said the final price would be $1500, and I authorized the rest of the move

--At the end of the move, they said it would be $2000, at that point I said I would talk to Neal, their Sales Rep., and figure out what the deal was... Neal said he would repack the truck and tell me the next day

--They also said they would get it to me on the next truck and probably get the furniture within 48 hours

--Two hours North of Anaheim I get a call from the movers and they say the final price will now be $2800 and can I put another $800 on my credit card? I said no

--The next day, I chat for 30 minutes with Neal from Relo Moving/Relo Movers, and he says he'll give me a "discount" of $2000 because his mover's math was very poor.. I say that is unacceptable... Later that night I get a call from the truck driver and the truck has "broken down" and it won't be available until Monday

--I say the estimate is for about 60 items, and they packed 60 items and it should not double or triple the price

--After countless calls throughout the weekend and no answers I finally get an answer on Monday from Relo Moving/Relo Movers

--There were many calls back and forth over the move, those are the main ones

--Relo Moving/Relo Movers finally get going on a Tuesday and after stating they would get there by 10 pm on Wednesday, they don't arrive until 12:45 am on Thursday morning AND ASKED FOR A TIP AFTER WARDS!

Relo Moving/Relo Movers completely lied about their prices, stated to me that I had the option to stop it at any time (and if they had stated that it would have cost $2800 I would have)... and delivered furniture in the middle of the night...

Comments

20th of Aug, 2009

They triped my quote once they arrived and put things on their truck. They are a complete scam!! DO NOT USE THEM!!!

They didn't even have a logo on their truck. They automatically add lots of money to what you owe once they get your stuff without any reasoning!

AGAIN, DO NOT USE THEM.

29th of Dec, 2009

First I would like to start by saying that this customer has falsefied so much of his information as well as threatened to "ruin" our company because he works at a PR firm. He has made it his mission to slander our reputation when in fact we followed all the laws set forth to us by the PUC.
    Our rep gave client estimate over the phone and client knew and agreed that he was bing charged by volume. When we arrived a his home he had much more volume than what he told our rep and that is why his price increased. We gave him a revised quote before his move with the new price so he had the choice to go thru with the move or not. Not only was his volume increased we had to pack several of his valuable items which he also told our rep would be packed prior. As to the date of arrival to his new location, he knew full well that by law we have 30 calendar days to deliver his belongings. He knew this signed and initialled it.
    All of the accusations that this customer makes we can completely back up with the contract which he signed and agreed to. He has since slandared our name so many times which is absolutely un-ethical. He has also tried to charge back his full transaction and his credit card company has sided with our company. If that does not say that what this man is saying is incorrect what does!

29th of Dec, 2009

First- it is difficult to comment to this persons comment when they are cometely vague with their complaints. The only way the price would ever increase is because clients have more items than what they tell us. We have several trucks all of which have our logo on it, sometimes we are over loaded with jobs and we have to rent trucks. If that was a problem for this client that is a little petty.

23rd of May, 2010

wow... relo movers have to get on this site and defend themselves... they really are a SCAM. I am using them right now, wish I did not and Have a lawsuite pending with them and a nice team of lawyers waiting to talk to them. Basically they STEAL YOUR STUFF and try to get you to buy it back from them... DO NOT TRUST THEM THEY LIE... AWFUL COMPANY. THEY GET YOU HOOKED WITH A CHEAP QUOTE THAN CHARGE IT THROUGH THE ROOF. DISHONEST. AWFUL. SCAMMERS!

• Ro
      28th of Aug, 2010

If you value your possessions, your time and your money, do not use Relo Moving.
    These people lied about the cost of the move. After the truck was loaded they increased there price and at destination they increased the cost again. I had
    tremendous breakage which they refused to return calls . The time estimated for delivery was two week late. Do not waste your time!

• Ro
      28th of Aug, 2010

If you value your time, your money, and your possessions, you will find another mover. The breakage they would not return calls about. They raised the cost after loading the truck and upon delivery. The were two weeks late in delivery.