Reliaparts / false advertising

1 10004 Wurzbach Ste.#340San Antonio, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-796-8880

took $100 + shipping on representation that "Reliaparts.com HAS YOUR PART. SEE THE SELLER’S QUOTE INFORMATION BELOW!
The 2003 Saab 9-5 Mirror, Door that you are looking for is available at 'Reliaparts.com' for $100.00 and it can be shipped to you as early as today";
later said "Parts arrive from the junkyard within approx. 6-14 business days"; "Shipment is from the junkyard directly to you"; only when I demanded my money back did they say they would ship: "Part is being shipped tomorrow from a secondary yard";
still no delivery 5 days later.
somehow affiliated with automotix.net.
DON'T DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE! THEY ARE ANXIOUS TO TAKE YOUR MONEY BUT DON'T DELIVER AS PROMISED!

Jl

More Reliaparts Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ca
      4th of Sep, 2008

July 14, 2008 I received similar text regarding an oldsmobile tail light and paid through PayPal. Several emails and 4 telephone calls later to a sweet talking Stacy telling me it was "on the way", and I still don't have it. Three times she told me she would call "tomorrow" with the shipping information. Never have I received any calls or emails. today is Seprember 04, 2008. Clearly this is a fraud.

• Je
      20th of Sep, 2008

I received the same message on aug12th windshield available and ready to ship as soon as tomorrow, , paid thru paypal.. was to take 6-12 business days.. after 2 weeks, , we called and were told to give it a few more days, , and since they were a broker, , she couldn't tell me where the part was coming from, , on aug 18th, , still no windshield or call back, , I filed a dispute thru paypal and the next day received a message that they were refunding my money.. these people take your money then start looking for the part, , do not trust them.. they probably would never have contacted me that they couldn't find the windhield

• Je
      20th of Sep, 2008

sorry, , on last message, , meant on sept 18th, , 5 weeks they had my money, , $244

20th of Oct, 2008

Reliaparts.com is a Broker and are drop shippers of "USED" auto parts. The line taken from the above complainant, SAAB owner, "Reliaparts.com HAS YOUR PART. SEE THE SELLER’S QUOTE INFORMATION BELOW!" is a statement used by Automotix. The inference is we have the part sitting on a shelf. Again, this is not Reliaparts verbage. As stated in our introductory quote letter we are brokers, not a salvage yard. Drop ship refers to our suppliers, salvage yards, shipping directly to the customer. We work with thousands of salvage yards across the U.S.A.. Unlike "WAREHOUSE MART" type stores, salvage yards don't have these items laying on the shelves. The yards supply lists to Reliaparts, parts are quoted to potential customers using these lists as a working inventory. If the part is not listed on an inventory, the part is NOT quoted. Unlike most "suppliers" salvage yards have to pull the parts from the vehicles prior to shipping them. Sometimes when the part is pulled damage may be found or damage may be caused by the pulling of the part. Typically if there is a time-frame issue with the customer/ supplier, a refund will be offered. It is of the customers discretion to continue to allow Reliaparts to continue attempting to source the part from another supplier that states they have the item in their inventory or to accept the refund. Also, when a customer states "they don't call back", it is because the phones are busy and the caller did not leave a message via voicemail including a name and contact number. All complaints currently found online (10-20-08) have been refunded in full. None of these "complainants" have stated the frequency/ expediency in which they were offered a refund when their order became an issue.

20th of Oct, 2008

Also customer C.L. of the oldsmobile listed above recieved his taillight on the next business day after his post in this forum and he sent a nice thank you note letting us know it was recieved and already on the car.

• Mb
      30th of Oct, 2008

I have called Reliaparts multiple times through the last week and would always leave a message and would never get a call back. I have also sent emails with no responce back. I have talked with Stacy regarding my order and would provide me with a refund if needed but said the part is being shipped by the end of the week. I did not get my shipment and am trying to reach them. I am not saying there is any type of fraud involve in my attempted transaction but I am saying is the customer service is not good at responding to voice mail messages and email messages on the status of an order that is 3 months past the expected delivery date.

• Jl
      6th of Nov, 2008

check this out:

• St
      1st of Feb, 2009

Reliaparts is a horrible used parts dealer. The main gal Stacy is full of lies! She promises your part is on the way and it never comes. I waited on a part for over 3 months. Stacy kept on telling me it was on the way. She compulsively lied to me on the phone over and over again. After 3 months, I asked for a refund. She said I would have it in 5-8 days. It took 45 days, 4 phone calls, and 3 emails to get my money back. Don't order anything from them. They take your money and it's very hard to get it back.

12th of Feb, 2009

There is not one person posted that has not recieved their part or a refund. 2-12-09

• Bi
      13th of Feb, 2009

Ordered and paid for part on Sept.17th. Told I would receive it in 10 to 14 working days. Called several times and was told a different story each time. Part was coming from Penn. then from somewhere else by Roadway then it was coming from Tenn. On Dec 3rd I cancelled the order and asked that I be credited thru Paypal and was told that it would happen. After several more phone calls and weeks of waiting, on Jan.20th I was told that it was too difficult to refund thru Paypal after that length of time but she(Stacy) would send me a cashiers check for the full amount. On Feb 3rd I called again and told the lying @#%*$ that I had not received my refund. Stacy said that on Friday Feb6th she would send me a cashiers check and that I would receive it by Feb10th. It is now the 13th and no check. I would appreciate it if she would tell me the truth that she has no intention of refunding my money.

• As
      8th of Jun, 2009
    Reliaparts - Part not received, still trying for refund
    Reliaparts
    reliaparts.com

Ordered a bench seat for our mini van in October based on an Automix referral. After not receiving the seat and several "reassuring" conversations about the seat being on its way, I initiated the refund process in January. It is now mid-June and am still awaiting a check for $325.00. An extremely frustrating experience.

• Ed
      17th of Jun, 2009

I totally agree with this complaint. My experience has been identical to this. This Stacy has the lies down pat and uses the same story for everyone. My ordeal started on January 29th when I placed my order for an arm rest for a '98 Audi A8. I paid $134 through alertpay. I've contacted them and they weren't very cooperative since the initial payment was made so long ago. They wanted me to get a valid tracking or shipping number. When I pressured Stacy for this I was constantly put off because she supposedly didn't have the number from the supplier.

I've read several complaints and they are all almost identical and mine is no different. She strings you along with what seem like credible excuses until you insist on a refund. Then she finally has you fill out an email request for the refund. They supposedly will pay you with a postal money order but they only issue them twice a month. Of course the money order never comes and when you pressure her she finally sends you a tracking number for the money order which is 20 digets long. It says you will recieve your refund in 5 to 8 days. Once again nothing shows up. I'm sure those numbers are a total fabrication. I'm at my wits end in trying to get a refund. Someone needs to put this company out of business ASAP befor more people are added to the very long victim list that already exists.

• Jb
      12th of Mar, 2011

I ordered part for them paid around $350, once realizing the couldn't get me the part I cancelled the order.
    I call say once a month for a year always got the talk to my supervisor run around.
    I still have the paypal invoice, never recieved the product or a refund.
    They are crooks and suprised they made it this far?