Reliant Holdings/ Horizon Gold Card / please read! I worked here and know all about it!!

PA, United States Review updated:

PLEASE READ!! I WORKED HERE AND KNOW ALL ABOUT IT!

Horizon Gold Card is not something that you want. I left my steady job to work at this credit card company. I only worked there for a week because I couldn't live knowing what I was doing to the poor people that were victims of this company.

You apply for it on this website: https://www.horizoncardservices.com/index2.php?referID=&csaff=&cscust=&drid=X&trid=&zip=&em=
They also have the net trust card, it is the same thing. The visa logo on one of the pages misleads people, it is not a major credit card.

They say that they offer you a credit line of $500 dollars. THIS CREDIT LINE CAN ONLY BE USED ON THEIR WEBSITE! This is that website. http://www.thehorizonoutlet.com/ Everything on the website is tacky and really cheap and they charge you a very large amount for the shipping and processing. This is part of what actually made me quit. There was a customer asking why he was paying OVER $100 in shipping and processing. My manager told me I had to lie and tell him that we didn't control that.

It's supposed to "report to the credit bureau Transunion to build your credit". I had a customer call in and say she called transunion after having the card 4 months and they didn't have any record of horizon.

They charge you $29.95 to activate it. IT IS ACTIVATED AS SOON AS YOU APPLY ONLINE AND CHARGES YOU IMMEDIATELY!! DO NOT ENTER YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER YOU WILL BE CHARGED! When you receive the card in the mail it says horizon on the front. It doesn't look like a credit card because it doesn't have a bar code! That's because you can only use it on their website. IF YOU RECEIVED THAT CARD IN THE MAIL, YOU ARE BEING CHARGED, EVEN IF YOU NEVER USED IT AND THREW IT AWAY!!! AND IT WILL CONTINUE TO CHARGE YOU UNTIL YOU CANCEL!!

When you call they will try to talk you out of cancelling and pretty much ignore you and practically hang up on you after reading their script. IMPORTANT: IF THEY IGNORE WHAT YOU ARE SAYING THREATEN TO CALL THE BBB! AS SOON AS YOU SAY THAT, THEY ARE REQUIRED TO GET A MANAGER. IF THEY DON'T WANT TO REFUND YOU, THREATEN WITH THE BBB AGAIN, THAT WILL DO THE TRICK! YOU CAN ALSO THREATEN TO CALL YOUR BANK AND TELL YOUR BANK YOU DIDN'T AUTHORIZE IT AND THEN THEY WILL HAVE CHARGEBACKS WHICH COST THEM MONEY.

I'm sorry to ever have worked there. I really hope everybody that applied or is thinking about applying reads this. I worked there and I know what has happened to hundreds of people and I know how to get them to listen to you.

Ta

Comments

• Sm
      May 28, 2011

You ppl really are stupid! So because YOU didn't read your terms and conditions and was dumb about applying for a credit card you want to act like [censored] towards a company that is offering customer's a chance to rebuild their credit? Do you really think visa or mastercard are going to give you a credit card without a credit check?!? I truly believe all of you who write complaints are idiots and probably acted like it when you called in to that company. In which they probly laugh at you for being such ###. First of all, learn how to read, secondly learn some manners. Obviously there are a lot of stupid ppl in this world and ur mother's did not raise ya right. Shame on her for that and only contributing idiots to the world who can't make big boy/girl decisions like an adult!

• Ho
      Jun 23, 2018

@smurfette2011 Article writer is exposing a consumer-based scam and you respond with this?

Anyone reading this can tell that the OP is sincere and felt guilty working at this company and decided to expose the scam that Horizon Card Services (Net Trust) is running.

Sorry - everything that you wrote is just trying to right a wrong. It's clear as day to me that you work for this company and you're trying to justify the pricing of this scam.