Reliance Relocation / fraud

My belongings are being held hostage and I don't know where they are. The carriers are not

communicating with me. I paid Reliance Relocation a depostit for the move and Asi and Josh told me that

they were sending their best driver on loading day. Yoseph Ashdot arrived in a budget truck and loaded

my belongings. They arrived six days late without explanation after numerous calls. I missed a flight

and tenants where already moved in with my things. I was told I'd be 'happy with a compensation for

this at the final bill time' I spoke with Josh- owner of Reliance, during this time who assured me that

everything was fine and Yoseph was their best driver. The estimate receipt I have is for 1200 dollars.

Once the belongings were loaded Yoseph said that a bill would be sent and things may weigh more. He did

not provide me with weight papers and never has. He called me on delivery time to say that it would be

7700 dollars and 5200 pounds. He said he was the one to pay and I told him that I hired Reliance

Relocation and not him. Then Reliance Relocation called to assure me that Yoseph worked for them.

Yoseph called back screaming that no he is his own company and I must pay him in cash and triple what I

was quoted prior to release of any informantion about where my belongings are. He emailed me several

times with different quotes and the promise of free storage went from 90 dollars to 270 dollars. I

asked him to simply charge me for loading the budget truck and I will take over the move of my

belongings, and he says 2000 dollars to release the whereabouts, and in cash. I have obtained a private

investigator to see if Reliance Relocation has my things or this man Yoseph. They are at an unknown

place. I paid with credit but now they are demanding a lot of cash.

There is a request by MI Attorney General and MI state Police for more information from anyone who wishes to volunteer their experiences with this company. Please contact:
Jim Carlin

Fawn Burgess
[protected]

Fa

More Reliance Relocation Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ri
      29th of Sep, 2008

I was moving from Ohio to Vermont and had decided that I didn't want to move myself. I called Reliance because they had had the best deals and said that they could promise me that it would be in Vermont on the date that I needed.

In the short amount of time (two days) I had decided to move myself. Packing was going to be the issue, and I didnt want to do it. I called Reliance back and told them that i would no longer need their services and to please credit my account. Reliance told me that everything was all set, and that the credit had been issued. Thinking nothing of it, I went to Budget Rental, rented a truck, and then proceeded to pack and make the drive back myself.

A month later I receive my credit card statement, and low and behold the amount of $430 dollars (my deposit fee) was still on my credit card. I called Reliance Relocation and asked them about it. They told me that Josh was on the phone and that he would call me back when he was off the phone. I waited for over an hour, and decided to call back. A man answered the phone and told me that he was really sorry, and that he knows that the money is mine and that someone will be getting back to me. No one did. I then called the next day (Friday) and was told that the person in billing was BUSY and that they would have to call me back. Again I waited for almost three hours. I preceded to call back again, and this time was told that there was no one in Billing and that I should call back on Monday. I had told this man that I had already called a dozen times and to no avail.

Monday came and first thing in the morning I called. When I tried to get billing, it went straight to voice mail every time. So, I tried rental and reservations, and someone immediately picked up. I was informed again, that Josh was out of the office today. I told this woman that i had been giving the run around all last week and that I was not getting off the phone until something was done about it. She then informed me that she would call Josh and have him call me back as soon as he could. She couldn't do anything more for me, and that she was just deeply sorry. I kept hearing the same thing from everyone, that no one was there to help me, that the person I wanted was out of the office, that they were deeply sorry, and that someone would call me back.

This issue is STILL unresolved. Please I urge you. DO NOT use this company. They are out purely for money. They are a bunch of scam artists who will take your belongings and your money.

Richard Savard