Reliance Post Paid Connection / Pure case of cheating

1 India Review updated:

I wanted to convert my Reliance post paid billing connection to pre paid connection.When contacted personally the R webworld shop at Vashi on 19th July, (Thursday) they informed that it is done only on Wednesday or Sunday. It is a general practice to harass customer if he has come for post to pre paid connection.

As my billing cycle is from 22nd to 21st of the month I wanted to do it before next billing cycle. i.e. before 22nd July. The representative informed that whenever you do it the rent will be charged on prorata basis. Still to be on safe side next day when I approached R webworld centre at Vashi station at 19:15 Hrs, it was informed that this conversion is done only up to 1900 Hrs. Whereas the shop works upto 2000 Hrs for any other type of work. However they informed that the amount of Rs 1069 will be required for such conversion. This include one month's rent, number retention charge etc etc. My average monthly bill is Rs 450-550.

Again next day when I went to Vashi station Webworld for this purpose, they charged Rs 344 more than the previously stated amount. The excess amount as explained is due the fact that next month has started. How it can be, when my bill is from 22nd to 21st of the month. The current month was still not completed.

I paid the exorbitant amount equivalent to three / four months average bill and conversion was done(Rs 1069 + Rs 344). I was told that I will get a Rs 50 talk time and 15 days validity. Even though they charged rent upto 21st August the validity is granted upto 24th July and zero talktime.

Isn't it is a pure case of cheating. Please be careful if anyone going for post paid connection.

Sa

Comments

• Ak
      3rd of Nov, 2008

Reliance is a company that just cannot be trusted. Please for god sake don't buy anything from these people. I had a reliance USB data card I used if for about a 6-7 month and then later on I cancelled it. I had gone to web world applied for cancellation and also spoke to the customer care right that moment and confirmed that I want to cancel my connection. It was done. An I was told that I would get an outstanding bill which I will have to pay. Fine. Bill came after 2 week. I think it less than usual. I payed it. After that I again get a bill. I went to the web world and enquired they said number is not cancel will do so now. They did it and gave me a acknowledgememt slip. After that again i get bill. I enquired they said the number is not cancelled will be cancelled if the amount is paid ? Today I hate myself so much for buying something from the reliance. And ian still strugling to get it cancelled. Please do not buy anything from them.