Reliance Netconnect / CLIP Charges (illegal) in Reliance NetConnect Bill and court case

1 India Review updated:

Attention all Reliance NetConnect Users (Please treat this as very important):
I was an active and regular user of Reliance NetConnect (http://www.rcom.co.in/webapp/Communications/rcom/Netconnect/rm_netconnect.jsp) until October 2007 when I changed my plan to "pay as we go option". After this change, when I received my new bill in October 2007, I saw that they have added following items in the bill:
Monthly charges
Advance monthly rental charge RNJ149 18-09-2007 to [protected].00
Advance monthly rental charge RNJ149 08-10-2007 to [protected].00
Reliance netconnect subscription RCFreedom 18-09-2007 to [protected].67
Monthly charges - CLIP 16.67
Total monthly charges 523. 34

Firstly I send an email to the customer care that they have not notified any such advance rental by email/call/sms to me, nor they have put it in the website.
SECONDLY, MOST IMPORTANT, THEY ARE LEVYING A CLIP CHARGE OF RS `16.67 WHICH ACCORDING TO TRAI DIRECTIVE IS OPTIONAL FOR THE CUSTOMER OR FREE. RELEVANT TRAI ORDER IS ALSO ATTACHED TO THE EMAIL.
However, for the lack of time, I could not file appropriate complaints in relevant courts and last week they have sent me a legal notice. In view of this, I am REQUESTING the SUBSCRIBERS OF RELIANCE NETCONNECT TO CHECK THEIR BILL IF CLIP CHARGES ARE LEVIED EXTRA. IF YOU SEE THAT IS HAPPENING, PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL/CALL SO THAT WE CAN FILE A JOINT PETETION BEFORE THE COURT AGAINST THIS MALPRACTICE OF RELIANCE COMMUNICATIONS.
ATANU

At

Comments

6th of May, 2008

Reliance is in the possition of No. 1 in world to provide such a service that no service provider will give such a bed service.

With Reilance Net connect, I try to connect Net on Morning 7:00 am and if I am lucky then Net is connected 8:00 PM . (12~14 Hr. is normal time to connect Reliance netconnect)

• Ki
      14th of May, 2008

DEAR SIR

IF THERE IS ANY COMPALIN *333 IS NOT SOLVING ISSUE.THEY JUST SAY GO TO SRIRAM MILLS OFFICE PERSONALY.

WE HAVE SURRENDER P.NO.9321359203 & PAID ALL DUES AT THAT TIME.THIS PHONE WAS STOLEN & FINAL FIND BY KASARA POLICE STATION IN CAR WHERE MURDER HAS TAKEN PLACE. THIS INST IS ALSO IN POSSESION OF POLICE.

WE HAVE GIVEN LETTER TO KALAGHODA OFFICE ALSO.

STILL U ARE MAKING BILLS & ASKING PAYMENTS FOR SAME.
    NOW WE HAVE PURCHASE ONE DATA CARD NO 9321559133 WHICH SERVICES`ARE STOP DUE TO THIS AS INFORMED TO US BY YOUR WEBWORLD EXPRESS.IN KALBADEVI

NOW WE ARE HAVING TOTAL 45 CONNECTION OF RELIEANCE IN DIFFERENT NAME.

THIS TYPE OF ATTITUDE FROM YOUR SIDE HURT OUR REPUTATION.

KINDLY LOOK INTO IT & RESOLVE THIS ISSUE IMMDIATELY TO AVOID CONFUSION.
    WE ARE ALWAYS PAYING ALL PAYMENTS RIGHT TIME.

I HOPE U WILL RESOLVE THIS ISSUE .
    KIRTI SHAH

• Ra
      16th of Jun, 2008

Hi,

I am Rajeev, I have bought USB Modem connection on 24th May for life time subscription, since then I have been facing SIGNAL and POOR SPEED problem. The signals I am getting is 1 to 3 and speed is between 1 Kbps to 15 kbps at all.

Below is the call log for complaining for the above said issue :

25/05 - 5 Times
    11/06 - 1 Time
    14/06 - 2 Times
    Total - 22 Times

Complains numbers are :-

29/05 - 69358539 — This complain has been closed without solving the problem and representative asked me to lodge another complain and waiting for 120 Hrs.
    07/06 - 69823230 — This complain again has been closed without solving the problem and representative advised me to lodge third complain and waiting for next 120 Hrs.
    13/06 - 70224171 — I hope this would also be closed in the same way and I would be asked to lodge fourth complain and wait for next 120 Hrs. (Resolution Time)

I hope above said detail is BIG ENOUGH to describe how PAINFULL I am to took the decision to be the part of Reliance Communication family.

I am really very sorry to say that this is the PATHETIC service I ever get in my life.

Warm Regards,

www.keane.com

• Me
      16th of Sep, 2008

Dear sir,
    After reading in a newspaper about a plan of 2 months free usage plan I bought a reliance USB modem connection(09326442404) from Pune, khadki(morya communications) worth Rs 2850.
    After a month a bill from reliance came to me. I was completely surprised to see a bill of Rs 1200.
    The next day i went to the same shop to ask about the bill.
    They told me that by mistake the made it to a monthly plan of Rs 1500 and gave me a assurance that they will do the needfull.
    Since then its almost been 3 month and my connection is disconnected and they have now started neglecting me knowing of their own fault.
    kindly please guide me what to do and how to start my connection again...

• Gu
      25th of Sep, 2008

i want more information about reliance usb modem netconnection

• Aj
      18th of Nov, 2008

mr.gurumoorthy buying a reliance usb modem is paying like giving ur money for free