Reliance Net Connection / Datacard free offer its just Reliance's way of cheating people!

1 India Review updated:

I had booked a Reliance Net connect connection as I got a free offer with my HCL laptop. The offer was for Rs.3750 for three months internet usage free with a download limit of 1 GB.

The strange thing was the next month I got a bill for Rs. 382 which was followed by another bill of Rs. 2464. Apparently the FREE OFFER WITH HCL AND HP AND OTHER OFFERS IS NOT FREE. THEY SEND YOU BILLS THE NEXT MONTH.When I escalated it to Reliance they said they would look into it and have since never gotten back. According to my bill there is a fine print that says its 1 GB download or 20 hours of internet surfing time (which is not specified anywhere). That means if you cross the 20 hours you pay @ Rs0.50 per minute.

I urge anyone who has the hp or hcl or compaq laptop to not buy the datacard free offer its just reliance's way of cheating people. If you are so keen on a datacard you may have mine (free of cost if u can help me take these people to task for cheating customers. Its worthless now given the piled up bills).

Ku

Comments

Pr
  13th of Apr, 2007

Thank you for the message, i was about to buy the free offer net card from reliance as i have bought a new hp notebook.

Co
  15th of Apr, 2007

Oh thanks lot Kunal.. u saved my money. Thanks.

17th of May, 2007

Ak
  16th of Aug, 2007

Thanks Kunal... you saved my money...

Ab
  8th of Sep, 2007

Thanks for your information.I was about to buy reliance connect 10 data cards...

Thanks once again...

Ne
  11th of Sep, 2007

I faced exactly the same problem with Reliance Net Connection. The offer stinks.

18th of Sep, 2007

i would lik to know abt the reliance cable network service ie., cable tv

antony paul
9894942025

Vi
  25th of Sep, 2007
Reliance Net Connection - Net charge
India

I applied for Reliance net connection last 15 sept 2007. But they are not responding. The guy name is irfan. He is taking Rs/580. money is not a problem. He wasting my time to take Internet connection. I need net connection urgently. So many works are pending. My current location is Marathahalli, in banglore-37. Anyone suggest what to do?

Ak
  30th of Sep, 2007

i need a reliance net connection how should i proceed

Sa
  4th of Oct, 2007

Thanks, I got one with my hcl,nevertheless based onyour experience not even going to try it.Thanks

Vi
  15th of Nov, 2007

Problem in net in last two day!

Ni
  24th of Nov, 2007

Got a new connection of data card from reliance, but no reply for the last 10 days

Pr
  25th of Mar, 2008

First & foremost thing i still dont no that some1 is reading that complint mails or not becaz till now, i never got a reply of that complint mails.watever ...
but again ur net is giving trouble so much times
1 auestion i wanna ask...
SHOULD I PAY UR 1000 RS BILL EVERY MONTH WITHOUT NET FACILITY AVAILABLE FOR ME
?????????????
SINCE 1 WEEK MY NET IS NOT WORKING AT ALL.

PLEZ IF RELAINCE CANT PROVIDE NET FACILTY THEN Y THIS FIRM PROMISE TO PROVIDE NET??????????/

KINDLY LOOK AT THE MATTER & TAKE A NECCESARY ACTION

HOPE TO HEAR FROM U SOON
WAITING FOR UR REPLY
THANKS

As
  26th of Mar, 2008

Iwas planning for taking data card connection of reliance but after so many complaint ihave changed my descision

20th of May, 2008

Dear sir (my number) 9344279657
You people have to give information about the date useage also as we can only view the voice usage in the unbilled area. Also the net speed is not like the Airtel. It has to meet more standard. I call *333 and also told about this but no action taken yet.
With regards
Ramesh

De
  21st of May, 2008

Hi,
I've been using the data card since long without any probem. But offlate I'm experiencing a very strange problem. Whenever I use the internet with the data card, the images appear very blurred.These images are on the home page of the respective sites or in any of the mails received in my inbox.

Can u help solve this problem?

Deepika

23rd of Jul, 2008

i. want to change my. monthly billing, kindly advice how to change my. billing slab

24th of Sep, 2008

I am a customer of net connection since July 2008.I received the hard copy of the monthly bill for the first month. Since than im not receiving the hard copy of the monthly bill in my postal address also not in my submitted personal mail.I am not in a position to know my bill amount to pay. I have requested my nearest authorised dealer for the same but no action has been taken yet.It will be very much help full if i will receive my monthly bill data in my mail ID or loging in the related web page(pl advise how to log in to view the monthly detail charges).

Sh
  29th of Oct, 2008

sir,
my reliance usb modem is work very slowly...why?
its reconnect many time...connection lose, , ,
what can i do...?pls help me and troubleshoot of my card, what prbms occur this device...

22nd of Jan, 2009

recently i am connecting with ur net world.but sorry to say that i am not satisfy with urs sevices.because in my computer the net speed is so bad .and i am very upset for all of that .