Reliance Mobile India / Very rude, humiliating and irresponsible behavior of customer service!

1 India Review updated:

I am a regular reliance customer since last 3 years. After repeatedly bringing it to notice of the people at chairmans office, my genuine problem is not solved and ultimately i had to decide shifting to some other service provider. Presently its because of very rude, humiliating and irresponsible behavior of the customer care person. The experience has been so bad that even after a week past the incidence i am still thinking to discontinue reliance mobile services in the name of 6 of my family members. I am seriously thinking of going to costumer protection court for claiming for compensation for my financial losses due to irresponsible behavior from reliance.

Since last two years i have been paying around 1000 rs per month as my mobile bill. There has not been a single incidence when there has been a delay of even a few hrs from my side in payment after receiving bill alert.

Reliance expects its customers to pay the bill within a few hours of intimation. Is it really feasible for any person to leave the job in his hand and go to pay reliance bill. Every time after the alert we get repeated alerts within a few hrs and by the end of the day services are discontinued.

I am fortunate enough to have credit card and am familiar with the facility of paying bill using R world. Whenever i get any alert, i immediately pay bill using R world. These payment details do not get reflected in the shabby system used by reliance and the foolish customer care executives go on sending us repeated alerts even after making payment. This is shameful and has been brought to notice of higher authorities by me many times.

This time on 14 feb i got an alert of extra usage at around 9 am. By 10 am i made payments using R world. As usual the messages continued from reliance. At around 1 pm while i was traveling in train i got a call from some customer care personnel intimating that i should make my payment otherwise my services will be barred. I told her i have already made the payment 4 hrs back. She asked me all details including mode of payment, amount paid, time of payment. After answering all these irritating questions i was told that my payment is not yet reflected. I told her to verify it and by the time i lost range being in train. After 2 hrs when i got range all my facilities including incoming, outgoing, sending and receiving messages were blocked. I tried calling up at *333. I was getting message please check the number. For next 12-14 hrs while being in train i was deprived of mobile facility. I missed many important call causing financial losses. This behavior by the customer care dept was humiliating and made me decide to discontinue my services and try to punish the guilty.

If such behavior continues with valued customers, i am sure people will forget all the high tech facilities provided by the company and would prefer some other service provider.

I am sure with increasing customer base reliance does not need people like me, but its my moral responibility to bring it notice of concerned person.

Dr Rakesh Parikh

Comments

• Ne
      9th of Mar, 2007

It is happening with each & every client. We purchased three connections but we have not received bill for any even i checked the bill from the internet i paid the bill. Services are restored some days later again the services barred as i have to check the bill again from the internet and to pay the bill. I requested the customer care executive the verify the address and add the necessary particulars in the billing address so that i can receive and pay my bill but he said i have to go to webworld otherwise nothing can be happen. Is this the service.

• Ra
      13th of Mar, 2007

I have been using Reliance Mobile since past 4 years. My Reliance Mobile No. is 9342827733. After using about 3 years, my mobile got corrupted and I have paid Rs.1720=00 and took new one ( LG). But, after using for about 8 months, It has started giving me a trouble. I have approached LG Serving Center but no use. I have roamed around service center which is in Jaya Nagar, Bangalore 3 times, finally they have asked me to pay Rs. 560==0 towards repair charges. I got shocked and fed up with the mess and decided to close my post paid connection. But Reliance people charged me around 300=00 + and changed it to prepaid connection. But i dont want to loose my Number, so I keep on charging the phone with min currency. But the problem is that, whenever i receive call, its roobting and i am not able to receive any calls. Not only that, I am not able to browse any number from my note book, every time, i does the same, its roobting.

Now i have changed my serving center to Subramanya Nagar, Bangalore (Near Navrang circle). They repaired temporarily and submitted back. It worked 2 days and again the same problem. Actual Problem is due to "mother board". Now again I have given for repair. Now they are demanding 450=00 towards repair changes.

I am not understanding why these service center people are troubling the customers? Why they do not do the proper servicing to the people? What is the meaning of One year Warranty? How the people could relay on Warranties?

Why I should spend 500=00 towards repair charges? Becoz of this , I have lost lot of calls which are important to me.

25th of Mar, 2007

Hopeless customer care service!

• Pr
      23rd of Apr, 2007

Dear friend...

Pls try to avoid reliance connection. It will kill u. I am also a victim.

• Jd
      17th of May, 2007

I have three Reliance connections. made a big mistake of my life. Was lured by the free RIM-RIM talktime. Never go for Reliance... thats my advice.

Regards,
    JD

• Su
      25th of Jul, 2007

I totally agree with the comments made above. Reliance is probably the most unprofessional and rude customer service in entire India and maybe in world also. And to add injury to insult they have hired the worst kind of idiots as customer care executives, who are very careless, illiterate and irresponsible. They think the service they are providing is a favor they are doing to the customers and that they can terminate or Barr anyone's mobile service unceremoniously at their own whims and fancy. Lets initiate a drive to encourage all the people in our areas to avoid buying reliance phones or subscribing to Reliance Sim services.

• Ra
      16th of Sep, 2007

Reliance Communications with its high handed practice of foisting unsolicited and sudden additional services like musical ring tones is unfair and mercenary in nature. An additional fee is being paid for deactivating this service subsequently where the company is again making a quick buck which works out to tens of crores of rupees though the cost to the individual subscriber is miniscule. What gets my goat is not the amount but this company pushing one unfairly. I have been a customer with Reliance since its inception and TRAI should look into this practice and severely reprimand the company not only by the amount involved but an additional penalty of several crores of rupees as a reprimand and warning to deter it from this practice. The customer care behaves in a holier than thou attitude on asking these queries of unsolicited compulsary service with utmost irritation and lethargy in responding. A self respecting entity like reliance should deter fromthis practice to retain credibility and respect.

• Ga
      17th of Sep, 2007

TO RELIANCE , MY NAME IS GAGANDEEP SINGH UR RELIANCE 3 YEAR OLD REGULAR CUSTMOR.FRM LAST 6 MONTHS WE DNT RECIVED THE SATEMENTS ON MY BIILING ADDERESS. WE ALREADY CALL2 CUSTMOR CARE THREE TIMES WE HAVE AUDIO RECORDING CONVERSATIONS PROOFS . WE PAID THE BILLS OF 2000 AND 2400RS . WE DNT USE THE HIGH USAGE FRM LAST 2 MONTHS. RELIANCE SEND MSG ON MOBILE UR USAGE IS VERY HIGH UR BILL IS 4700. WE SHOCKED . WE PAID EVERY MONTH 25 RS XTRA FOR CALL DETAIL STATEMENT . RELIANCE NOT SEND THE STATEMENTS ON MY BILLING ADDERESS. WE MEET THE CONSUMER COURT ADVOCATE FR FILE THE CASE 2 RELIANCE . THE ADVOCATE SUGGEST US FIRST SEND THE REQUEST 2 RELIANCE ON MAIL AND WRITE PLS REVERSE THE BILL IF THEY REVERSE THE BILL DATS VERY GOOD OTHERWISE WE CASE THE FILE URGENT. SO OUR PLEASURE IS FIRST GIVE THE INFORMATION 2 U BEFORE CASE. THE RELIANCE NUMBER IS 09312954999. WAITING FR UR REPLY WE HOPE UR DECISION IS GOOD. UR TRULY GAGANDEEP SINGH ANAND

7th of Oct, 2007

nothing but if u want to say thats why i m writing

• Mv
      22nd of Oct, 2007

My Reliance Mobile No. is 9342851242. On 21st Oct' I had a balance of Rs.107.00. Thereon on 22nd Oct' I have not even made a call to anyone and the mobile was readily available with me throughout the day. On the evening I received a SMS from 3600 stating that my balance is Rs.5.97 and that I need to recharge my account. I was shocked to see the balance as I am fully aware of my balance which I will be checking each and every span of hour.

Thereon I called the Customer Care after gigantic effort and after 15 min. I got the connection. On my putting-forth my problems, the customer care executive told that the network is not working and that I shall call after 1 hour to know the cause for deduction of balance. Once again after 1 hour I called and then I was informed that still the network is not functioning and that I shall call after 2 hours. Then once again after 2 hours I called and when inquired about the deduction of balance and seeking call details, I was once again told that I shall call after 2 hours. When I resisted that I can't wait like a dog for a mere problem and after severe protests, they lodged a complaint vide No.57455649.

Just to know the cause for a mere thing, I was made to wait for 5 hours of my valuable time with no amicable results nor remedies.

Now I am fearing how to recharge for a higher amount, bcz I am not in a position to lose my hard-earned money once again.

Can the concerned authorities look into this matter and do the needful!

• Bh
      12th of Nov, 2007

WE ARE EXISTING CUSTOMER OF YOUR RIL NETWORK HOLDING 13 MOBILE LINES AND ONE LAND LINE
    WE ARE NOT GETTING YOUR BILLS AND THE LINES ARE GETTING DISCONNECTED ON JUST SMS MESSAGE
    THE MATTER HAS BEEN DISCUSSED WITH AMRAVATI BRANCH HEAD AND REQUESTED TO SEND THE BILLS HARD COPIES WELL IN TIME BUT STILL NO IMPROVEMENT .
    IF THE SAME CONTINUOUS WE WILL BE FORCED TO SWITCH ON TO ANOTHER NETWORK PROVIDER CAN YOU PLEASE LOOK IN TO MATTER AND RESOLVE.

I AM SERIOUSLY THINKING TO WITHDRAW ALL MY CONNECTIONS BECAUSE OF RELIANCE ATTITUDE TOWARDS CUSTOMER
    WITH RTEGARDS
    BHARAT KINGE

• Ka
      13th of Nov, 2007

Useless reliance and very worst customer care.

17th of Dec, 2007

We should actually have a collective drive against Reliance India Mobile which is trying to exploit the CDMA mobile users. Being a propreitory technology we cant switch to other providers and also with their pathetic Customer Care services we cant have any trust on these liars.

I am going to District Consumer Court against Reliance Infocom for such bad services. writing to Chairman Reliance Infocomm is not going to help thats for sure.

I would suggest everyone of your having distatisfaction with reliance infocomm should discontinue their services and goto consumer court for compensation.

1st of Jan, 2008

I am going to consumer court within few days.
    My phone no:9372790087
    My previous no was: 9339095040 (Kolkata)
    I have shifted parmanently in Pune and given request(black&white) for1)changing my no to Pune from Kolkata ii)Changing billing address to Pune from Kolkata.
    My phone no changed within 1hr. But till date (from 22nd Nov'07) billing address not changed. Several times visited Web World(Nigdi branch), complaint over phone, but no action is taken.
    While submitting my request at Nigdi branchweb world, I have taken received copy from them. Without receiving hard copy of bill I am not going to pay any bill amount. If relience going to stop sending/receiving any call from my mobile no mentioned above, I will go to consumer court with all my proof ( received copy, record no of frequency visited web world, phone call to customer care). Relience has to compensate all the money, value of my time, court fees, advocate fees and penalty.

Anupam Mukhopadhyay

• Pr
      13th of Jan, 2008

For Reliance,

I'm just pissed off their offering messages. I've complained to reliance customer care but they ignore all. Please don't irritate us after all we are human...

Regards,
    Prem Snthaliya

• 4w
      2nd of May, 2008

realiance is too good

• Na
      6th of May, 2008

i have a lg phone model no lg rd 2340 plz tell me how can i use it. this phone belongs to my friend but now i am using it so i have no idea whts the process. . i dont know whether this phone is prepaid or pospaidplz help me

• Dh
      7th of May, 2008

I m reliance prepaid customer i want a black sim card as i want to change my cdma phone and want to use the same number in another reliance mobile.When i go to reliance web world at c.g.road (ahmedabad, gujarat, india) the executive told me that it is not being sold here you have to purchase it from any retailer.I went to one retailer and ask for blank sim card he told me it costs 150 Rs. but he was giving me opened sim card so i didn't purchased that from that than i go to web express they told me it costs 200 Rs. after that i again go to web world and asked for blank card they told me that it costs 300 so i told all other rates to them and told that i thought here i can get the sim on m.r.p.The executive told me that its m.r.p is 99 R.s but because of shortage of stock we are demanding 300 r.s from you.And after some discussion they told me we dont want to sell the card...
    so tell me is this the way to satisfy the customer i want the blnk sim card please make it available please...

• Dh
      7th of May, 2008

I m reliance prepaid customer i want a blank sim card as i want to change my cdma phone and want to use the same number in another reliance mobile.When i go to reliance web world at c.g.road (ahmedabad, gujarat, india) the executive told me that it is not being sold here you have to purchase it from any retailer.I went to one retailer and ask for blank sim card he told me it costs 150 Rs. but he was giving me opened sim card so i didn't purchased that from that than i go to web express they told me it costs 200 Rs. after that i again go to web world and asked for blank card they told me that it costs 300 so i told all other rates to them and told that i thought here i can get the sim on m.r.p.The executive told me that its m.r.p is 99 R.s but because of shortage of stock we are demanding 300 r.s from you.And after some discussion they told me we dont want to sell the card...

• De
      15th of May, 2008

I m using last four years reliance before using we trust this connection but now we are not getting good service from coustmer care and network so i think we live this connection & we have to purchase another connection. I'll suggest everybody just through the reliance because of network and u purchase any of connection. I think u r very happy with another connection. I m living in shillong(Meghalaya). Here reliance network is very bad because of this shillong is hills area but company he should be done anything. They loose coustmer.