Reliance India Call / not able to cancel the accunt

OH, United States Review updated:
I have had the account with this company for about 4 years. We have had a perfact paymet history. Now I wanted to close the account and I called on Sept 20th, they said to call on Oct 15th, due to some offer they can not close the account till than, so I called on Oct 15, they said to call after 30 minutes or send email to customer care. I sent email and I called again, this time they said call at midnight or after to cancel the account!!! I guess there is no way out!!
Vo

Comments

An
  1st of Sep, 2009
I had a balance of about $36.00 in my account. I got a cheaper calling card from another company. I called reliance to close my account and refund the balance, they told me that the money cannot be refunded! It is a PRE-PAID account. They are holding my money in their pocket, but cannot refund it! It is like your bank refusing your deposit money to you!

They are doing business in USA like they are doing business in India. I am sending complaints to BBB and FTC on this.

Regards
Ananthu
Bh
  10th of Oct, 2010
I have the same problem with Reliance Global Call. They are reluctant to refund my unused balance over $100. I am so surprised to see this type of company, who is doing business USA. I am thinking of taking a legal action against Reliance Global Call, so that USA courts can teach them a lesson.

Reliance Communications Logo Reliance Communications