Reliance India / irresponsible action against customers!

1 India Review updated:

I had one RIM prepaid connection since march 2005.One day it stopped functioning.When I contacted there customer care I was directed to contact their web world and accordingly I went there. After verifying the details the poor chap there told me that the problem is not by any mistake of mine but the agency which gave me connection faked to forward my application and details to the company.

I politely told him to think what an illogical and irresponsible action the company has taken. The company is punishing a customer for the negligence of the company's agency! The man there who has become sorry personified already told me that what the company demands now for taking a connection from the most irresponsible mobile provider of India is to spend my valuable time to repeat all the formalities I completed about 20 months back. If any responsible representative of the company was there in front of me I would have slapped him just then for this great insult and would have gone to jail. Now all I can do is to pray for an early debacle and disaster for this bogus company. For my solace the man there has given me the precious information that more than one lakh customers are penalized in the same way. Cochin.

Comments

• Dh
      12th of Apr, 2007

My wife hold a per paid mobile and on 3rd of April it suddenly had all calls barred and message displaying not yet registered. We contacted reliance web world and they tried but after an hour they said we would raise a complain and someone would contact you on alternative number I gave in next 48 hrs. When I said what do I do during that period if someone contacts me, they said.. Sir we can't do anything..I waited for around 48 hours and then after that I tried reaching Customer care and it was saying that one of our executives would be in touch with you shortly.. but I held the phone on 8th April for 13 minutes listening to all craps then hung the phone.. Next day I again contacted customer care (lucky to get them in 6 minutes and they said that the problem has been resolved on the same day I raised the query. I said that I have not received any calls about the same.. He said may be they didn't contact but anyways you could have called us... which was ridiculous. And the problem with the line was that they were expecting some documents... I said if it was document, You should have sent any message with a time line.. He said yes we could have done.. I said so what do I do now..why should we suffer because of your fault.. He said its not there fault and is customer fault that the document were not submitted. The guys name was Iqbal and was a call center guy.

These useless people ask you to go and submit documents on weekdays and somehow you manage to reach one of the web world and to your surprise, they say sir/madam the problem is not with documentation... We will raise a request and your problem will be sorted out in next 48 hrs... A day later they call you back... (you feel so lucky to have received a call finally) and say sir.. you need to submit your address proof documents.. finally again you submit it and they say it would take 3-4 days..

You go into a new reliance web world when it opened initially, they care about you as a KING but when they have placed there footprints... in the market.. they customer care guys think they are everything and customer has to do what they say...

I am very certain if this type of attitude continues with the companies and you don't have any names published.. whom to escalate when a problem happen.. the customers will be irritated to the maximum extent..

Personally if you ask me .. I feel if I have anyone from Reliance in front of me.. I won't hesitate to slap the person...

Lets see when these useless people get the things sorted out.

• Hr
      9th of Aug, 2007

Reliance Info is the biggest criminal company that operates in India by publicly looting it's customers. We customers started using their service by believing in the earlier good reputation of the company. This is the single mistake that can ruin the peace in your life. It is the duty of us who have faced these problems to warn others from also falling into the same trap

I had taken a simple prepaid connection from them in Jan 2006 and have faced all usual problems above. I would have stopped long ago but i unfortunately bought an expensive handset from them WHICH WILL NOT WORK WITH ANY OTHER PROVIDER.

So here are the problems:
    1) They regularly put extra charges like activation fees for caller tunes or extra charges without our knowledge. Most of the time, we don't even realize that these extra charges exist.

2) Accidentally, if we discover this and call customer care to reverse the charges, 99% of the time, they say their systems are down pls call later. After 1 week of calling also this wont change.

Also customer "care" ppl don't care about your problem. Very often you find that after sincerely calmly explaining your problem, there is only silence. Feels like they left the receiver on and went for a coffee and came back. I have never seen another customer service in India do this.

3) Ok, then you think you have to go to the Reliance Web World office to get your problem solved. But when you reach there, you see 100 people with similar injustice waiting for solutions at the Reliance office. You have to wait in the queue for maybe one hour just to talk to someone who has the same attitude as the reliance customer care phone people.

So Reliance Info gives you horrible service and a most stupid customer care.

If you want ulcers, hair-loss, heart attacks, high blood pressure and other diseases from loss of peace, please contact Reliance urgently and get a connection from them.

I wish one day I get Anil Ambani in front of me so I can break his bones with my bare hands...

• Da
      20th of Aug, 2007
    Reliance India - No connectivity
    India

From 2-3 days there is consistent problem with the reliance mobile service in Mumbai. On dialing a reliance Number a message comes "Network Busy" and the problem more prominent when you try to access the Reliance Number from an Airtel Mobile.

What is the problem or is there any rivalry between the two. Why are the consumers like myself are suffering?Is there any end to this? This a serious problem and calls for "TRAI" to step in .

• Su
      3rd of Apr, 2008
    Reliance India - Replacement of defective handset
    India

I am regular customer of Reliance from last 4 years back, my cell no- 9371065539 It is CDMA, I decided to change the moblile hence purchased RD-6600 Model, *** After purchasing of the mobile Following problems were there a) Battery was not charging fully, b) Tele[phones were dialed automatically & etc. problems, It is shown to Nasik - Reliance customer care - THEY REPLACED THE MOTHER BOARD BUT ANOTHER PROBLEMS CREATED, A)such as bluetooth not working satisfactorily B) Data transfer is not possible C) SCREEN DISPLAY PROBLEM - FREQUENTLY it shown again 2 to 3 times to local kcustomer care but of NO USE .
    PL. GIVE ME A FREE REPLACEMENT OR SUGGEST ANOTHER MODEL, I AM READY TO GIVE THE EXTRA CHARGES AFTER CONSIDERING THE COST OF EXISTING MOBLIE.

I AM CONTINUOUSLY TROBOULED BY THIS RD 6600 HANDSET BY SCREEN DISPLAY PROBLEM & OTHER RELATED PROBLEMS.,

I AM RAISING THIS COMPLAINT FORM THE DAY 1, AFTER PURCHASING OF HANDSET, BUT MY COMPLAINT IS NOT RESOLVED SATISFACCTORILY.
    TO DAY I HAD SUBMITTED MY HANDSET TO SERVICE CENTRE NO- INO18518MUB00140,
    PL. DO THE NEEDFULL.

If my problem is not solved I am going to change another network.
    PL. ARRANGE FOR RELPLACEMENT OF HANDSET.
    PL. DO THE NEEDFULL,
    REGARDS, SURESH MORE 9371065539

• Bi
      20th of Jun, 2008

I am a customer of Reliance GSM service. An amazing fact happened to me from the night of 18.06.08. Reliance GSM service provider has recently launched an offer in which one get Rs.1100/- of talk time against Rs.1000/- of RV. I recharged with the same RV on 18.06.08 (Wednesday) at 13.39 hrs. As promised I got a balance of Rs.1100/- added in my account.
    On 19.06.08, at about 09.00 hrs when I checked my account balance, I was shocked. It was unbelievable that my account has dropped down to Rs. 235/-. I was sure that I had not called any one for so long that it would cost for Rs.941/-. I contacted to my customer care regarding this down fall of my account balance. They told that I had talked to someone for that amount. But I was sure I had not. So they suggested to check my dialed list. When I gone through my dialed list nothing found strange. Most of the numbers were well known and of local tariff. Then I checked the LOG MENU, a feature which stores all the data of Voice & Data calls. There I got a strange thing. An ISD number i.e. +423662768670 has been dialed from mobile. Surprisingly the number does not exist in my dialed list but in LOG MENU it shows that it was several out going calls to that number. The full details of the call are as under:-
    Sl. Date Time of Called Number Called Duration
    1. 18.06.08 21.55 hrs +423662768670 21.55 mins
    2. 19.06.08 00.34 hrs +423662768670 00.58 mins
    3. 19.06.08 01.23 hrs +423662768670 00.59 mins
    4. 19.06.08 02.13 hrs +423662768670 00.11 mins
    5. 19.06.08 03.04 hrs +423662768670 51.33 mins
    In this connection I have lodged a complain in nearest Police Station i.e. Asansol North Police Station whose complain number is, 888 dt: 19.06.08.
    Again the same thing happened last night sucking out all the remaining balance of Rs.219/-. This time the calls were made to several different ISD numbers of different durations.
    To the best of my knowledge I am sure that these numbers are neither known to me nor to any of my family members.
    I contacted to the customer care for several time and inform them about the happenings. But they said they can not help. Even they are not believing on my words. Becoming helpless from all sides I am registering my complain here to get some help. I hope I will not be disappointed.

• Bh
      5th of Jun, 2011

Yes dear friend Reliance GSM (Prepaid) is fraud, they just cheat their customer.
    I was a regular customer of Reliance GSM service. For Last 3 Years i have been using Reliance GSM Number. But last few months they are cutting unnecessary amount from my account. First they activate a service without any information, then suddenly they cut the amount from your account. Reliance company is a big cheater. They cheated me many times. They always cheat their customer. Never use any reliance service. I am also using another Airtel number but still i have no complaint against Airtel. Airtel is the best company in telecommunication field. The worst company is Reliance. Never trust on Reliance...

Thanks

Bhupesh

• Hi
      25th of Aug, 2016
    Reliance India - not getting upc
    reliance india mobile cdma prepaid
    India

I want to change my mobile service provider under number potability rules and I had applied for same but Reliance India Mobile is not giving me UPC inspite of several reminders and application.
    Please do the needful