Reliable Remodeler / Bogas leads

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I'm a general contractor and I have been signed up with Reliable Remodeler for a 2-1/2 years. I have accepted about 10 leads which I have to pay for each time plus a monthly fee. They say on there web site that they send out leads up to four contractors. In the 2-1/2 years I have been signed up with them I had one call back, two hang ups just after I gave my name and most never called back. I always kind of suspected they might be giving out leads to more than four contractors in my area but was not quite sure. Two weeks ago I got a lead for a kitchen remodel it cost me $80.00 but since things are a little slow I thought I would go after it. I called up to five times and never got an answer. The last call I placed I asked the person that wanted there kitchen remodeled to please give me a call that I suspected the company was giving out a lot of contractors names . About a week went by and the guy that wanted the kitchen remodeled called me and and said he had gotten so many calls from about 15 different contractors and sometimes the same contractor a couple time a day.
I called Noah my account manager at Reliable Remodeler and complained and all he said was they don't give out leads to that many contractors and he was not going to refund my $80.00 but instead give me a couple more leads to make up for not getting any where on the kitchen lead. I said to him to cancel my membership. It will be interesting to see what other charges they try to put on my credit card. To all contractors, I would not sign up with them unless you want to throw away your money.

Comments

• Te
      3rd of Feb, 2009

I have had the same experince with them. We need to start a class action lawsuit against them. If anyone has had the same experince please contact me at tdunn56@yahoo.com
    Lets see if we can stop them! In the address line state: Reliable Remodelers

• Bi
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I had went out on three estimate each contact told me they had over 10 phone calls from different contractors there should be a class action suit agaist them

6th of Apr, 2009

I agree. I had one good lead, but then a lead who was extremely irate. Said he had never requested a contact and had a "hundred" calls about a room addition that I called about. My rep, Justin thomas said he would issue dcredit, but still has ot after 3 requests.
    Jon

• Ad
      26th of Apr, 2009

Myself and another partner have had the same exact problem, I asked how many calls each customer recieved and I never heard less than 10. I have contacted my attorney and we are looking into what can be done if anything. But we need more contractors to step in with us. Please feel free to contact me via email at Adam@JKBuildersLLC.net. Both sales reps I used were Adam Wild and Brandon Estep. Please the more contractors that ump on board the better the lawsuit

5th of Jun, 2009

Yes, I am having the same trouble with their service. But I am not finding that many other calls. Mostly the leads are almost all bad, or old, or bogus. I will be happy to join into any action that you may be taking. Right now I am giving them a chance to try and make things right - but I have little hope. If they step up to the plate - give the credits that I am deserving, and try and provide some service, then I will post that as well. When I called, they said that my rep, Tom Hampton, was very busy because a number of their reps have left. When I've tried to leave him a message, his messages are full. Hmmm! Please feel free to contact if you are looking into a joint action. Joy. Contact me at ascendesign@earthlink.net

• Up
      18th of Jun, 2009

Yes, same problem here in Upstate NY.. 0 for 4... purchased 4 leads, zero appointments...the leads are supposed to be fresh leads...one customer had surgery wasn't looking to get work done...the other lead...they said bad timing, the other lead we just want information, didn't expect anyone to call me (but these leads are qualified) ...the other...I'll tell you when they respond...My reps answer was to buy more leads at $300 per week, that way I can absorb the bad leads...they claim to have 35 people in the confirmation department for 10, 000 contractors??? I have all the emails to back what I claim...I want to kow how many people are getting good leads? Are we just the exception, or is this throughout the country?

• Ye
      29th of Jun, 2009

They like to share the leads between companies and fill them before they others can, which makes 2-3 companies filling 1 lead. Their leads come from lead sources. Many are automatic forms that people click on.

• Ye
      29th of Jun, 2009

Look here...you can get this company to donate $4 to a good cause if you submit a lead.

• Kb
      20th of Jul, 2009

I have spent well over $500 in the last month. Apparently they are using all the these online survey and "Free iPod" sites to get people to fill out the form on their site. I have purchased 16 leads and have had not even one quote. I have checked the names and phone numbers on whitepages.com and most are wrong numbers or wrong addresses for these people. Then when you call the number listed for that person, it is disconnected. Reliable Remodeler will not give you your money back because the correct number for that person is not the one supplied with the lead.

DO NOT USE THEM! They are getting their leads from all these gimmick websites that link people to ReliableRemodeler.com. Then the people fill out to request info so they can get their free laptop, iPod or Wal-mart gift card. They may be getting more valid leads in larger markets like St. Louis and such, but this is not the case in my area of Springfield, MO.

• Le
      1st of Aug, 2009

That is just one if the few tactics. They were bought out by a company called Quinstreet Inc. They are a lead marketer. However, they have their own contractors, and they fill those with good leads and I think pass the crap to RR.com. Not just that they also team up with other lead and contractor referral forms to share leads. Thsi is why their are soo many contractors on 1 lead and not just the 4 like their should be.

Pretty messed up industry. Its a great idea, but even when homeowners complained about their info being passed and sold, RR.com just said its part of the business. The business of selling people names and numbers.

• Se
      21st of Sep, 2009

I have had nothing but problems with unReliable Remodeler. To say their leads are unqualified says too little. I even had one "prospect" that I paid $80 to talk to tell me "I don't even own a house!". Clearly, he heard from so many contractors in so little time that he had enough, and took it out on me. unReliable Remodeler has sold me 3 good leads out of about 12 I've bought. No more.

• Mi
      16th of Oct, 2009

I started using Reliable remodeling in 2004 and the leads I got from them were good. I didn't get all the projects but they were valid leads. Then in 2007 I started using them again after a long period of being very busy. I started ordering leads again and the first several were people who denied ever requesting a lead. I was given credit for them but I cut off purchasing the leads. Also their monthly fee went from $9.95 per year to every quarter to every month without informing me of the price increase. It was then I cancelled my participation in the website.
    I started again this September being I understood that to survive this economy would require a large number of leads and bids out. The real problem today is finding someone who wants work done and it willing to pay a reasonable price for it. I purchased seven leads right off and two people actually called back. The rest never returned my phone call and one who did answer her phone said she never called for a quote. This week I purchased four leads and all of them are "no answers" I have even e-mailed then and have not received an answer. This has costt me a lot of money I could make better use of.
    To say the least, I am not happy with Reliable remodeling.
    Mike Brainard.

• En
      19th of Oct, 2009

If you buy a day late your money is pissed away. I bought a bad lead they refuse to refund or replace . Stay away. They hide behind internet no other business could be this corrupt without a contractor kicking there ### in person.

• Ke
      30th of Nov, 2009

THEY ARE F--KING FAKE, FAKE COMPANY, FAKE LEADS, FAKE EVERYTHING. Im a contractor out of charlotte, i've had them for over a month and they charged my credit card for 3 months in ahead, i purchased 1 lead for a laminate floor installation for 25.00 and first the person didnt pick up, i called the next day apparently the person wasnt in, "sounded like a person was told to say these sorts of excuses" then i called the number listed to the persons job with a extention number, there was no extention of that number existed at all, then i checked my account on reliable remodeler and then soon enough my credit card that they have been using "that was not my primary billing card that they have been using" was on the verge of being debited again for thee amount of 31.00, if my membership fee is 29.99 what the hell is 31.00 bein taking out "if you take 29.99 from 31.00 that leaves 1.01 "where the hell that came from or wheres that goin, and why did they even charge my card i delibertly not wanted to be charged as a primary card on file. if any one needs my complaint from me for these piece of sh-t reliable remodeler company feel free to email. i am glady to help with anyone who's had prior problems with this FAKE COMPANY. MY EAMIL ASAPENTERPRISESHOMEIMPROVEMENT@GMAIL.COM

18th of Dec, 2009

I have had the same problem with them over the past couple of years to the tune of well over a $1000, 00 wasted on leads. I would be more then willing to join in on a class action siut to recover my money. It would also be great if we could put companies like this out of business. I'm thinking about starting my own lead service, but being a contractor I won't screw my fellow brothers in the trades. Anyone thinking of filing a class action suit email me at unity320@aol.com. You've got my support.

21st of Dec, 2009

Does not sound like any of you understand the marketing behind lead companies. Gone are the good old days of having $100 a week to budget for leads. This industry is geared for high volume players who take hundreds of leads each month. Typical return for a company that has an appropriate budget is 8-15% ad rate or around $900 customer aquisition cost. If your typical kitchen remodel renders you $10-$20K just what do you think your $40 lead purchase entitles you to? These are leads; not raffle tickets or pull tabs.

• Ki
      25th of Dec, 2009

Sorry guys, know there can be problems with this type of service but I used Reliable Remodeler for over three years. Sure, agree that in some cases there were over 8 or 10 tradesmen quoting the job but don't necessarily blame RR for that one, the word gets out when jobs are short and times are tough. I never advertised once for work and bought up to 10 leads a month from these guys, usually won two or three of them and lost the rest. Always buried my advertising fees in my quotes and allowed enough to purchase others.

Nothing is gauranteed but I never had cause to complain either, I took the risk and reaped the benefits, Tom Hampton, my rep was always on hand to help, I worked hard on presentations and quotes to the clients, he worked hard getting me the referrals in short time. That's the secret !!!...if I found a bad lead Tom always repleced it for me if I could prove no contact.

Sure, I paid up to $400 or $500 a month with these guys BUT they saved me three times that on traditional forms of advertising. I have no cause for complaint and can only say, if you don't understand the lead system and how it works then don't participate.

I now run an international lead service out of New Zealand and we work in 32 countries. I agree that no monthly fee should be charged (we don't) and a reasonable lead fee is fine to cover the service. The trade needs an excellent job source over the next two years otherwise you'll be falling over each other quoting projects. If RR stay on track, provide an honest leads service then tradespeople need them. I don't have a reason to doubt them...yet...:)))

Kiwi

• En
      24th of Mar, 2010

Stay away scam RR

I cant believe they had some defenders, listen up everyone cheated is asking for transparency in what they are buying for there money. RR this company cheats and site like complaint board help expose there fraud. They are the anti-google all evil, all the time.A check box saying no refunds or already sold to 8 contractors, or lead generated from spam and there leads are worthless, volume cant help a fake lead people.

stay away

8th of Jun, 2010

Reliable referred R. Danielsen Building Contractor to me, when they came over to do the estimate the guy opined about politics, unions, all kinds of relevant things he notice in and around my house, then proceeded to make silly and erroneous statements. This guy may actually be able to do some of the tasks associated with remodelling but I would not trust his judgment at all.

• Sw
      24th of Jun, 2010

I have been using reliable remodeling for the last year i suppose.I have only done one project out of over 30 leads paid for.I have contacted them many times for poor leads that another contractor had even completed the project a week before i even got the lead.that has happened other times as well.they will not return any money but will disscount other leads.This company is very shady how they conduct business and i will never use there services again.