Reliable Life Insurance / BAD employer

1 TX, United States Review updated:

I have worked for Reliable Life Insurance for a year now. It's the biggest employment mistake I have ever made! I had worked my way up and was making very good money until the company decided to discontinue the sale of house insurance. Their right to do this, probably a good business decision. BUT, they did nothing to help the agents. So, every house that lapses costs me hundred of commissions, and with little chance of selling the life products, an agent goes broke quickly. Agents making $700-100o/wk. and more are now making $300-400/wk. Yes, you read that right. I have a new job to start in a few weeks thankfully. And you pay your own gas, postage, etc... DON"T let them pull you in with promises of $1000/week. It's not going to happen. If you make $500-600, you're a good agent. There are so many ways they screw the agents, it's sad.

Comments

Br
  12th of Feb, 2009

Please contact me, I have an interview with Reliable this week.
Thanks, aj2thenba@yahoo.com

Me
  4th of Mar, 2009

I used to work for the home office for reliable and I totally agree it was horrible! I was mistreated horribly by my boss, even called stupid during my last two weeks employed. I had a best friend of 22 years that passed unexpectadly and they said because a hurricane was coming I was not allowed to go to the funeral and if I went I would be let go, so right at that moment, I gave two weeks notice and got the hell out of that company.

Kc
  7th of May, 2010

I worked for Reliable in the Kansas City area for 3 yrs. At first I loved my new career. I was making great money as well until they took away the houses with NO warning. That office also had some issues with a manager who treated women horrible.
I decided to leave. It was the BEST decision I made. I now work for AGLA and LOVE that company. I would definatley look
elsewhere if I were you.

Qu
  31st of Aug, 2010

Yes, i totally agree with this. I had been working 5yrs with this company and after they discontinued fire insurance it has been hard to replace the business. After it lapses on the agent, they charge you with growth, which in the long run will ruin your paycheck and you still have to pay for your own gas, postage, and any event that the company gives. I got fired due to many cases of fire cancelling due to high rates and poor coverages. They will lure you in with promissing a very good paycheck after 7 months, which can happen, but after you are not giving them the production, you will be fired! Be carefull. Look somewhere else, because to them they only market low low income people, that is thier market.

Jo
  3rd of Mar, 2012

I worked for reliable for 15 long hard years, I left the company as I've seen many people do because of their growth contract that is full of charge backs on just about every product they have ever sold when the policy lapses or cash surrenders, you are charged with negative growth on lapses, cash surrenders, death lapses, fully paid up policies even though the company has made several times over what the policies will ever be worth even more than the death benefit. The contract with the agent is complex it takes a new agent several months to understand how they get paid and by the time they do figure it out most of the the agent is'nt making it in the company anymore and quits or is terminated, but who cares by the time you figure it out they already have a new agent trained and ready to replace you, it's a cycle that the company has perfected it's comparable to a revolving door.

Mu
  5th of Feb, 2013

I have something that has really been bothering me, and my siblings?my father passed away of cancerin January of 2011.i just received a letter from this company, looking for the family.they said in this letter, that my father had an insurance policy, left to my mother, if he died.then, they must have found out, my mother passed away, before my father.they wanted all the names of the siblings, in my family.if my mother was desceased, then the children were to receive the money.so I faxed all the info forward to them.now get this?if you were going to take out a life insurance policy, it would have to be worth something.there are 8 siblings in the family, and we all received a check for about.to be exact, $13.52, is this a joke, or do these people think everyone is stupid?and when does an insurance police ever pay out, in this case an equal share?but most important, this must be a rip off?my father had been paying on a policy, to leave to my mother, if he passed away, would have to be for some amount a lot greater than that?what do I need to do, to get a copy of the policy?iu thought maybe scince some of thee complaints are people who worked there, someone might be able to give me a little info that could help me out.also an insurance company charges you a $6 process fee for a claim?whats that about?

Ag
  14th of May, 2014

I currently work for Reliable in AR. I could use some advice from former employees. My credit wasn't good enough for another company. What can I do now? There are some serious issues at the office I am at and I have to get away from there soon.

In
  10th of Jul, 2015

I never understood why agents went captive (only working for ONE company which keeps you from offering your clients the best product and rate, in most cases). Any agent considering doing this should look at going independent and compare the two options, before making a regrettable decision. For independent agents, I recommend Carrier Contracting Services. Great IMO who has a large number of carriers for various products (life, health, annuities). Great commissions, too!!