Reliable Chevrolet / Stealing My Money

1 3655 S CampbellSpringfield, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 417-887-5800

On June 11, 2009 I went to Big Lot Reliable Chevrolet, to look at a truck, and put 500 hundred down so they ordered a truck from a different dealership, The truck came in and it had the wrong interior so I said that wont work for me. I wanted dark interior. So I said just forget it for now. They tried to get me to order another truck but I said no, because I was waiting on the bank to get approved for a loan. That was on Saturday the 13 of June. Then the wrong truck came in. So on Monday I called them and said forget the whole thing because my work was laying off people. So I found out later that they cashed my check, that was on a Thursday, I went to Big Lots to get my money and they said that they wernt going to give it back. They said I signed a contract, all it was, was a Finance Payment Options. so I took it to a lawyer and they said its not a contract at all. I went back to Big Lots and told them that Finance Payment Options was not a contract and they still wouldnt give me my money back, so I am still fighting them today to get my money back, I feel they are trying to force me to buy a truck. Has anyone had any problems like this?

Comments

• Ba
      10th of Jul, 2009

My ordeal started around June 6, 2009. I had a very good offer from City Chevrolet in Oklahoma City ( I should have taken it ) and thought I would compair prices local. I had heard BAD STORIES abour reliable chevrolet "BUT" I thought it could't be that bad. OH LITTLE DID I KNOW. I have been splitting hairs with them all this time. On July 5, 2009 GM offered NO INTREST FOR 72 MONTHS. The sale was for 72 hrs. I was told by Bradon Woods, & Ray ? that I qulified for the loan. We split hairs once again, come to an agreement, went into the fianace dept., signed papers, gave them a check for $2500.00, AND I HAVE BEEN WAITING EVER SENCE FOR MY TRUCK. The finace "MGR", Brent, will not return my calls, or the salesmen.
    This place is a CURCIS, and these guys are clowns, CURRILY, MOE & LARRY better known as LIAR, CHEAT & INCOMPETENT.
    TODAY IS 7/10/2009, I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING FROM CURRLY( fiance dept), so icalled THE 2ND IN COMAND, talked to him and a few minuets later a guy named Tony calls @ 3:59 pm and says he will get to the bottom of this and call me back in "ONE HOUR". Its now ten till six.NO CALLS, NO TRUCK, NO MONEY, NO PATIENCE.
    I've got an idea, ALL THE PEOPLE WHO FEEL THEY HAVE BEEN SHAFTED BUY THIS DEALERSHIP AND THE SALES PEOPLE NEED TO HAVE A MEETING. IF INTRESTED EMAIL ME AT ashbyashby@mchsi.com

• Je
      10th of Aug, 2009

"I was waiting on the bank to get approved for a loan."

WTF?

Why did you give them $500 if you couldn't get a loan? Are you on meth?

These things happen in the auto business. You declined just because of an interior color??? Are you a woman?

Get the anger out of your system. If you cannot afford a truck or aren't sure you can get a loan, you shouldn't be putting money down on a truck.

Get a life. Go now and stop your whining. You got exactly what you deserved, chump.