Rehablist.com / Scam and fraud!
Rehablist.com... Real Estate Investors Leads/Deals Source System. The Topic and Category are not correct but I found no way to make a better selection or add a category; REAL ESTATE/REAL ESTATE INVESTOR SERVICES/MARKETING/LEAD-DEAL GENERATION. Of Course this post is ONLY MY OPINION... ONLY MY RECOLLECTION OF FACTS. The subject in the report is welcome to respond with their version of what happened.
Lesson Learned; DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY BASED ON VERBAL WARRANTY PROMISE OVER THE PHONE. DO NOT PAY ANY MONEY UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE WRITTEN CONTRACT OF SERVICE AND GUARANTEE.
1) Who; Rehab List.com and the William Allen Corp
2) What - Service Provided/offered; The salespeople; offer leads in your territory(ies), leads of motivated home sellers. Additionally you become the 'Gate Keeper' through which other real estate investors can submit deals they have in that territory and you 'filter them' to make sure that they are real deals and then as the the 'moderator/ gate keeper' you then allow the deal to get posted on the territory specific portion of the Rehab List Web site. So your 'responsibilities' are to review all flip/posts sent by investors and approve/disapprove the post. And you are supposed to invest time and energy locally promoting the Rehab List website.
3) The Pitch - You buy into a partnership in which you are provided all leads exclusively in your territory. 1) As Gate Keeper YOU GET first crack at all of the motivated home seller leads, 2) YOU Get first crack at all of the flip leads.
4) The Price - OK this will be difficult for many of us to admit how badly we were taken but it will help the rest of us learn and be prepared... My deal $400/mo for three months paid all up front 'Set up fees' waved.
5) The Warranty - I was very clear about what I needed in terms of the warranty and my mistake was not insisting on getting the written warranty AND READING IT before I authorized a credit card payment for the $1200. I was told that if once I looked over the paperwork if I didn't like the opportunity, I could contact Rehablist.com and they would immediately cancel my membership and refund my money.
I asked specifically about quality of leads and the salesperson said that the leads were from two sources; motivated home sellers and investors who wanted to flip deals. My response was that I didn't need to pay $400/mo to get access to investors who wanted to flip properties. I was not interested in paying to get access to marked up deals. I then asked about ratio/proportion of Motivated home sellers v flip leads and although I do not remember the exact answer this is where we finally agreed that if the I didn't like the performance of the lead system I could cancel and get a refund.
So I bought into the program. Two days later I rcvd the startup package and I immediately read the documents including the warranty which said that the money back and cancellation warranty ONLY APPLIED AFTER THE 90 DAYS AND... only if I had performed certain functions including spending my time money and energy PROMOTING THEIR WEBSITE SYSTEM. So I immediately AND I MEAN IMMEDIATELY... called them and said that 'as we had not lost ANY TIME' I wanted to cancel immediately get my money back and start over with a clearer agreement. I said that what was written was NOT what we agreed to on the phone, it had only been two days, I had not even started yet...
Run around... stall... run around. They refused to return my payment, I contacted Bank of America and submitted a dispute. They said that they could not support my claim based on the written warranty.
The rest of what I learned; Rehab List wanted ME to pay them to be a part of a startup or empty company. I'll never know. Rehab List wanted me to pay them to be a part of their group while I did all of the work; sort leads and promote their business.
In the second part of my talks with the many reps in the Rehab List company (while I was trying to get my refund) I started reading between the lines and what I soon learned was that (it appeared) at that time there were no motivated home sellers and only a few investors with properties available.
Finally MY Opinion;
DO NOT DO BUSINESS... BOILER ROOM... POSSIBLY NO REAL PRODUCT OR SERVICE... SCAM... DO NOT AUTHORIZE ANY PAYMENT UNTIL YOU HAVE READ THE CONTRACT AND HAVE RECEIVED A PERFORMANCE/SERVICE.
I have all documents including written letters to William Allen Corp/Rehab List and Bank of America. So if Rehab List wants to dispute my statements...